Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi all, Iive in Staffordshire in the UK. I have been cycling between 80 and 120 miles per week for 2 years now and I have found that if I do a search for any information or advice on cycling I always end up with the best advice coming from cyclingforums.com. So here I am a new member who can hopefully give a little back.

Hey whats up!!! Im from California, I am a newbie riding an old Klein with downtube shifters. Currently in the process of buying a new bike, I can't wait!

Hi I'm Tim, live in Amsterdam. Already city biking, wanting to learn more about tour biking before embarking on that journey!

Hi I'm Dave from Maryland. I was long time rider/racer until I had major back problems. I had to took a little rest, 5 years, and got fat. Just picked a Scott Sub30 to ride with the kids and will soon be getting a new road setup.

I am a teacher in Wauconda teaching Special Education. I have 2 boys ages 4 and 7 months and am happily married.

Hey Guys my name is Al I am a 44yo Australian living in NYC with a life long passion for cycling

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone ! :D

Hello all; I reside in Las Vegas Nevada with my wife of 1 month and 1week lol! I have worked at a local Nissan dealership for over ten years, and am 32 yrs old. I ride a GIANT ocr 3 road bike and a Mongoose MGX d50i mountain bike( I know I know). I cannot remember what year the Giant is but it was bought brand new some years back at a LBS, the Mongoose was actually bought as a favor for someone who needed some money! As you can probally guess I have put more money into replacement parts than the bike was worth when it was new, but honestly it has been a pretty good machine for what I use it for and that is mostly leisure city riding.

I am a big guy so the MTB bike is more comfortable to ride even though it is heavier, but believe me I use both bikes pretty regulary. I am looking into upgrading the Mongoose in a couple of months to something a little lighter and has better components, not trying to get too expensive because my fitness level and skill level woud'nt justify it at this time. Sorry for the long post, I have been reading some great advice and hope to learn and give positive contributions to the forum!

I'm from British Columbia where I bike (road) in the summer and xc ski in winter. I live and work on a farm, operating equipment, making hay. I'm 54. Female, and I'm training for my first century ride.

hi to everybodi
im from bosnia from Sarajevo
and i 3d designer and VFX artist
and addict of bikes
:)

sdrutledge said:
I'm Steve,

35 years old and from Ontario, Canada. I was a cyclist as a teen and have just gotten back into it last month. Bought a Felt z85 and have been on it 2 or 3 times a week. Lost 13lbs so far and loving it!

Cheers!

Nice choice, how do you like it ?

I have a Z45 and love it.

Enjoy.

My name is Mark Nibert from Columbus, Ohio. I began riding in April of this year, near the middle. I was originally training for a triathlon and I still may do one but I have truly grown to love the cycling part of it. I just turned 30 on 7/13. I did my first century ride last Sunday and averaged about 16 mph so I am hoping to do some more work and get my average speed up. I am doing the cycling to get in shape and drop about 40 lbs now. I am 6'5" about 265 now and hoping to get down to 225 or under.

I currently ride a 2010 Cannondale CAAD 9 5, size 60.

Hello everyone. I am Robert 43 yrs old from Michigan. I just started cycling about 2 weeks ago. I am a stay at home father. I started because I wanted to lose weight and get into shape. My wife is a marathon runner. I started on my Raleigh hybrid bike. Then two days ago bought a Trek 1.1 road bike. Which is much better than the Raleigh. So far the first two days I have had it I rode it 32 miles. Anyway looking forward to reading and leaning from everyone here.

Living in Auckland, New Zealand - been single track riding and commuting on mountain bikes for ever. Now truly suburban and with young family, need to get myself on a road bike.

Have signed up for 160k race at end of November with a friend, got plenty of work to do!

Very interested in feedback on frame size ( I'm 183cm, 85kg ) and appropriate specs for a relative newby.

Any input appreciated.

Cincinnati, OH. I'm 45, getting back in shape & trying to go fast all the time. Riding a '88 Cannondale 3.0. Maybe a Crit some day...........

I'm from Toronto, 61, self employed. Lifetime cyclist. I have a touring bike which I use as transportation as much as recreation... curious about trail riding in southern Ontario.

I'm from West Texas and I ride for pleasure after work and on weekends. I always loved riding as a kid and them picked it back up in 92 and did a MS 150 in 92 and 93 and stopped riding until this summer. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.:D