Where are you from,what do you do?

I am from the Seattle area. I had my knee replaced one year ago so I had to discontinue my running (75,000 miles until surgery) and pick up biking.

Biking is brand new to me. I picked up a road back after I could get full knee rotation and after nine months I have ridden 4,000 miles. A few months ago a cycle company switched my standard gears to a 52-38 with a 11-23 cassette. It is hard on hills. My ride yesterday was 100 miles with an elevation transition up and down of 3,500 feet. My average speed was 18 mph.

I am not certain what all the above means in the context of bicycle riding performance. I enjoy biking and I wish I would have picked up on the sport sooner and wove it into training as an alternative to solely running.

Any perspective you might share with me from my limited self-description on riding to complete my first year of cycling? :)

Thanks

Bikely allows you to key in a city and then select the range of the miles you want to ride.
For example: in Seattle I enter a range of 100-120 miles and instantly several dozen rides are available with routes and elevations etc.

You can select any mile range and it will list routes. A selection for Seattle of rides of 20-50 miles will give you several pages of routes.

I am from Lebanon PA... It is about 20 min from Hershey PA yes that is right the sweetest place on earth lol. I recently bought my first road bike a 2010 Jamis Ventura Comp. I couldn't be happier with it. I was used to my Trek mountain bike which I found out is a far stretch different. After riding for 3 days I decided it was time to get pedals and shoes. What a difference that made esp on climbs... I am a LPN, and my other hobby is my drum set..... I am currently riding about 100 to 150 miles a week which for starting out I think is quite good...

alright there folks!
workin in a bike shop,dublin Ireland.
mainly interested in long distance touring and sleeping in ditches and anywhere i can find shelter as a result.
just shelled out for a kona mtb..wanna try slight off road/trail touring.
be well!!

I'm from Sacramento. I ride mostly for the utility of it, although I have a nice 14-lb. carbon-fiber road bike I roll out every now and then. Then I'll put on the lycra and fly.

I'm hoping to get some advice on this forum about my Raleigh 3-speed.

I am from Mexico,

I am a cellphone importer and reseller and I work in a sales office part-time to fill the time since my business only requires 1-2 hours a week.

I have lots of free time and have discovered the joy of cycling! Been on the bike for about 3 months now, I ride every single day and don't own a car(actually I do but it's not with me).

I want to do long-distance touring some time, get to know the country on the saddle.

My name is chase and i am from Texas and i purchased a road bike a few months ago just to commute but have began transitioning to competitive riding. I will be doing some triathlons but cycling is my favorite part.

I am a full time college student at texas tech and i hope i can pick up some good tips from this site.

[lang=pt]Hi, Im from Brasil

Sao Paulo,

Im living between Brazil anda Chile, and I want to work with a bike road travel between the two countries, thats it.

Thanks
Gabriel[/lang]

I'm new to this site and new to cycling. I'm 49 weigh 190 actually I've lost weight to 186 since riding. My height is 6'. The most miles I have ridden is 25. I have a mountain bike (Trek). I've made several adjustments with the seat (pulling it and pushing it down). The problem I've been having is my left knee continues to hurt when I ride, but my right knee has been okay. Since I'm a novice I really need some help. It's a great way to exercise but I don't want damage my knee in the process. :confused:. I would greatly appreciate anyone's help, advice and suggestions. Thank you.

Hello,

I'm from western Pennsylvania and have been recreational biking for the last 20 years. I recently retired and plan to put on a lot more miles. :D. I have had a Specialized Hard Rock hybrid for the entire time and still love it.

Hey all, I'm Corey. Live up near Saratoga, NY. Been mountain biking for about 6 years now on an 04 Specialized Rockhopper with various upgrades (fork, seat, pedals) and just picked up a 2010 Trek 1.1 as my first road bike. I was riding the mountain bike on the roads a lot and figured it was time for something more appropriate for the pavement. I've only gone on two rides so far, I think 6 and 9 miles approx, but got the speedometer today, so I'm sure I'll be pushing some long distances soon! Good to be here!

Hi guys. my name is Sam and i am 12 and wanting to get into cycling. I am a big vintage bike collect, and love bicycles overall. I curently am in San carlos, CA 20mins out of San Francisco :D

Hi, I'm Pete from Leicestershire in England. I ride a 1988 Saracen Tufftrax MTB which I have a trailer for to take granddaughter out in and a 1982 Columbia, Worksop, England frame which I have been adding to since bought from new. I have tried to keep it as contemporary as possible with Suntour ARX front and Vx rear changers. I'm in the market for a pair of period Suntour brakes at the moment.
I'm a teacher and on summer break now so have lots of free time to get out on bikes when the weather is good enough:cool:.

My name is Larry and I live in St Louis. I have been biking casually all my life [I'm ancient] My old Trek finally gave up after many years, and I have a new Trek 7300. Love this bike. I am starting to ride a lot more and hopefully lose some weight and get in better shape now that I've retired. The St Louis area has tons of trails and paths and I will be putting them to good use.

Hello, I'm new here. From Tallahassee, Florida where it's rather hot and humid just now. Road and offroad rider. Frequent night rider offroad 1993-2010. I rebuild/restore old steel road and mtn bikes.

Hi All,

Returning to cycling after a 10 year + break. I live in Manchester, UK.

I'm an IT consultant for one of those big horrible consultancy firms, but it pays the bills.

Hey, new to forum, from South Africa, Cape Town, rode first Argus Cycle tour this year. Work in local government, information management.

Hey everyone, looking for some advice. Currently living in Hawaii but moving to Germany at the end of the year(military). My son just started racing road bikes. Anyone have any advice on contacts for junior racing in Germany? Looking for some direction.
Thanks, Patrick.