Where are you from,what do you do?

Check out my project:

www.bicycledev.webs.com

PROJECT INFO

This is a project dedicated to develop the most comfortable and practical bicycle experience. This is not a strive for high tech performance or visual impressions. My aim is to develop the old bicycle concept further and find simple solutions possible for anyone to make. The focus is set on comfort, on enjoyment, on slow speed - not optimum speed performance. As an all year cyclist, with a lot of experience, having tested recumbent bikes, I search for a compromise. A compromise that anyone could use, in addition to an enhanced enjoyment riding a bicycle. My goal is to share my view & belief of a better tomorrow, free of pollution, noise and fast paced life.

H.Jarolf

Hi,
I'm John. I live in Palm Desert, CA. I've been road biking for about 8 years. I'm trying to get back into better shape to ride some centuries, etc. and, hopefully, finish a double century next year. It's sometimes difficult to fit in training with my work schedule, and the summer heat here.

I'm Chris from Folsom California. Software engineer by day - wanna be bike rider other times :)

I currently ride a 1993 Haro V3a mountain bike, converted to a hybrid with a more upright bar and street tires...

I'm looking to buy a road bike - been looking at used Giant TCRs, but there aren't many in my area (more if I'm willing to drive a couple hours). I'd like new, but I can get higher end frame and components if I go a few years old for the same price.

Ello!

I'm James, 28 year old guy from Tulsa, OK. I was at one time a runner but my buddy at work introduced me to cycling(road) and I've completely fallen in love with it.

I try to squeeze in 150mi or so a week, but the temps lately have made getting anything 40mi+ in before work a fairly tedious chore. I've been looking for morning people to ride with, as I'm usually alone when riding. So if any of you other tulsans are around - hit me up as I do occasionally need some social time on the bike since my co-worker has become impossible to drag out of bed for a morning bike ride.

Hi All,

My name is Tom and I'm a Bike commuter and an enjoy road biking on the weekends. I started biking again a few years ago and am truely enjoying it.

I live in the Minneapolis area and a member the Twin Cities Bicycle Club.

I am planning to ride my first century this Septembe so have been training for that.

My name is Johnson and I am in San Angelo TX. I became interested in road bikes at a late age.
I rode my first 100 mile endurance ride in Wichita Falls TX at age 50. I will do it again at age 55.
Randy Rangel the proprietor of Randy's Bike and Run in San Angelo TX built my current bike.
The frame I bought from Colorado Cyclist. It is a Douglas Racing titanium frame. The frame was actually made by Litespeed. It is almost an exact copy of the Litespeed Vortex compact.
I am retired, work part time at a bike shop and always think about my next ride.

I am a 17 year old student from Sweden with intentions to travel the world by bicycle shortly.

Nice to meet you all:)

roadhouse said:
Welcome and nice bike. How do you like working in bike store and can I ask what do you do there?

I do whatever they ask and then some. I work on the bikes, assemble new bikes, sell shoes, bike apparel, parts. Its is a lot better than working in a job you hate.

Hello guys, I'm a Hungarian university student, 20 years of age. This place looks to me like a really friendly forum with a great community. :)

Where - Whangaparaoa which is about 40km north of Auckland, New Zealand.

Training - I've only just got my first road race bike and have been riding around 18km which I will increase very shortly. Just don't want to hurt myself too early. Am starting to train for the Taupo Challenge which is a 160km ride around the lake there, in November.

What: Got myself a Merida Road Ride 904 with full Shimano 105's. First bike, love it so far.. :)

[lang=es]Mi nombre es Jorge Alejandro, costruyo bicicletas de bamboo y las pruebo en trrenos dificiles.
Mi name is Jorge Alejandro, I build bamboo bikes for montain bike, treking and road and bamboo helmets for asky dive and ciling,u can seeit in www.t-boo-jimdo.com[/lang]

Hi I'm Tom and live in Southern California. I work full time and have two young children, so training and time management are a challenge. I started training / exercising in January of this year in order to lose some weight. I am running/swimming/biking at least a couple days a week. One of those three by the way, not all three. Well, the more I run the more my feet hurt, and the more I bike, the better I enjoy it, so I'm thinking of focusing in on the biking. I'm riding a Scattante 660 that I bought 6 years ago. It basically gathered dust in my garage for the last several years. Now that I'm riding it a bit, I'm starting to feel the pull to get into something higher end. I'm a bit of a brand guy, so I'm looking at higher end bikes. I'm sure I'll end up getting something that exceeds my capability, but I am hoping to grow into it. Any advice for bike shops in South Orange County would be appreciated.

thanks,
Tom

Afternoon,

My name is Jim. I live in Plano, Texas. I've been away from (road) cycling for a lot of years, and getting back into it to get back in shape, and loose a few pounds. I am a Scoutmaster and We will be going to Philmont next July and the "Doc" wants me to loose some weight and I agree.

I have had a 24 Speed Motobecane 600DS MTB for about 6 years, since my son is a teenager and we have been riding dirt together. I had a Bianchi Olympic 30 years back and miss the road work.

Have spent way too much time behind a computer designing products on a CAD system, and need to get back in shape where the diet isn't taking the last 15 ponds off.

I'm starting with a couple of 15-20 mile routes while I get back in shape, and I will have a road bike again, in a month or two. :)

Hi all. Im Sean and I live in the Bay Area in California. Road riding and racing, cross training. Bikes, 2008 Tarmac Expert, 2009 Jamis Xenith SL. In the process of coming back from injuries after a year off the bike.

Howdy! I have been a cyclist since the seventies. Started riding and racing tandems with my wife since before we were even married.

We just moved from Nashville to Łódź, Poland to work for a few years. The bikes get here in a few more days so I need to figure out where to ride.

Hi my name is Michael(obvious i guess) and I live in San Diego area. I just started riding again a couple months ago. I have a Specialized Ruby Pro but hope to upgrade soon as the bike is 8yrs old. I've done a couple 50mile rides and would like to attempt the Tour de Poway century ride this year.

Hello everybody, the names Steven I'm fourteen (fifteen soon!) and I've been interested in cycling for a while now I mean I've had mountain bikes and BMX's but I really want to get into serious cycling for some excellent fitness, obviously though bikes are very expensive :eek: and I don't have the money for obvious reasons.

I hope you guys can pass on some knowledge

Many thanks
Steve

Hi I'm from Warwickshire and have just bought a Peugeot road bike.It's about 25 years old and needs a bit of work,but I ride it everyday and I love it.Just the best way to travel.:D

Hi everyone. I am 54 and unemployed. I take bicycle tours for vacation and used to commute to work until the mill closed down last year. I live in Franklin, VA which is flat but have also lived near the Virginia skyline drive where it gets a little hilly. I have been riding a bike since age 4?