Where are you from,what do you do?

Travis, im 25 and i've been at camp Pendleton for 3 1/2 years. Ill be heading back to austin around christmas. Bought a felt x85 last weekend and go riding with a friend whenever possible. Great workout after having surgery on me knee 1 1/2 years ago..

Greets to Travis from an ex Navy guy.

I feel for your knee, I mean, I feel the pain.

You will do well on your new bike. Go Marines!

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forum/thread/485791/people-verses/270#post_4007865

Greets to The Marines, from one you protected,

I live in a small town in Northeast Tennessee that you wouldn't know existed if there weren't signs on the interstate. Trying to get into riding 4-5 days a week while competing in the few races in this area through the year. Also play football(soccer) competitively on Sundays.

As far as jobs go, I'm currently at a grocery store doing whatever things they need done. Not much but it's a job.

Well did a some what long distance ride yesterday and it felt so good to get out of the city and ride in the country. I rode 50 miles round trip to our VA Hospital in Ann Arbor Michigan and back home. Rode into the wind on the way out but had the wind to my back all the way home, GREAT ride.

Hello everyone! My name is Nick and I am a college student. Just getting into biking for cross-training purposes, but have been enjoying the benefits of cycling!

I'm from the Philippines. Career Woman with 3 Full-Time Jobs. (Advertising Director, IT Consultant and Manager of Clothing Line)

Originally Posted by BadWolf .

I'm in the Wheeling WV area and ride my old SR touring style bike on the trails here.
Recently I was informed that I'm a professional pest so perhaps I've found my true calling.
I'm trying to educate myself on the newer style bikes with a future purchase hopefully not too far into the future.
My Grandfather lived in Wellsburg right on the Ohio. All of my uncles and cousins worked for Pitsburg Wheeling back in the day. We visited every summer family in Folansbee also. You have some nice hills to climb in the Panhandle. Great riding country.

The bike path currently ends at the south end of Wellsburg but there's talk of running it to Weirton which would be great.
Yes.............the hills around here are a workout. I did much better on them when I was younger and n better shape.

From NOVA (northern virginia), taking classes, and active duty cost guard. I cycle to and from work to save gas, miles on my car, and to stay within my weight standards. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fullerton, CA (good ole sunny So. Cal). Oddly enough I took up a spin class with my GF to factor in some cardio into my weight routine and ended up buying her and I both TREK Madone 4.5's (2011). I work for an aerospace company in LA county and try to ride on the weekends.

I live in Newport RI and am getting back into riding after a long layoff in which I got huge. I could not even bring myself to buy a pure road bike as I was afraid I would crush the life out of it. I recently purchased a Redline Cyclocross bike so I could get a stouter bike and run bigger tires. I work on submarines as a Gov Contractor after serving 20 years ride riding the bastards around

im from Akron Ohio, i am a beginner just starting, trying to get into shape because i have heard more success stories then failures, so if anybody has any tips or suggestions, im all ears, i am a plumber by day and (with any luck, not for very much longer) a couch potato by night, is there anybody around the Akron, Summit county area that can give me any ideas on what trails or paths to start out on?

justinmackey84 said:
im from Akron Ohio, i am a beginner just starting, trying to get into shape because i have heard more success stories then failures, so if anybody has any tips or suggestions, im all ears, i am a plumber by day and (with any luck, not for very much longer) a couch potato by night, is there anybody around the Akron, Summit county area that can give me any ideas on what trails or paths to start out on?
Your best bet is to hit a local bike shop to ask about trails and other places to ride.

New member from NW Iowa here, looking to get back into shape, and ride RAGBRAI this year, since it runs right by my house /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

I'm in Vancouver BC Canada and have been bike commuting to work for 3 years - year 1 was on my son's mtb and the last 2 years on a Kona Dew Drop hybrid. I also started doing weekend rec rides last summer on my 1990s 12-speed Miele road bike, which had been hanging in my garage for much of the past 20 years.

You starting to see the sun yet this year, Russ? Fortunately the last time I was that far north was summer, and when we left Soldotna enroute to Denali, we shut off our headlights shortly after 4...AM.