Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Smokez87

Smokez87 New Member

Hi!

I'm Thachna originally from Singapore, currently an International student at Swinburne University of Technology (Melbourne). I stopped cycling about seven years ago, but now I'm planning to come back to it. Decided to build up a MTB from the frame up and this is going to be my first build.

I have started getting parts from a few forums, and started a blog about it (http://www.mydiymtb.blogspot.com).

Would love to hear your feedback.

Cheers!

2. Ryan Weld

Ryan Weld New Member

Im from England, Cycle is my great hobby, as the heavy work i ride the cycle twice one week, It's very excting when join in a club and competive with each other. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gifenjoy the process

3. Methodical

Methodical Member

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I'm Al, 45 married with kids (2). I live in Maryland and I am an Auditor (22 years). I first began riding as a teen and my 1st road bike was a Schwinn Traveler, my 2nd was a Fuji Espree (both purchased in the early '80s); Fuji is still with me to this day. I recently upgraded to the Trek Madone 4.6 and my 1st ride was this weekend. I've been off of road bikes, well cycling all together, for 10-15 years, so it was a bit tough on the legs, but I did 22 miles on Saturday and 26 on Sunday. I'm trying to get my groove back. I consider myself a rookie again, especially with all this new technology as compared to my 30 year old Fuji.

4. tnsporting90

tnsporting90 New Member

At right time, I am in India and email to his friends.
    Thanks.

5. MrRodgers

MrRodgers New Member

z5imic,

No worries on the English. Actually pretty easy to follow.

Looks like you have married bikepacking and cyclocross into one. If you want to look for competition or at least a few riding buddies, look into those two disciplines of cycling. If not, keep doing what you're doing and enjoying your bike. You don't need anyone to define what you already know brings you joy

6. Paolo1987

Paolo1987 New Member

Hello all, I'm Paolo. I am 24 years old and I come from Perugia, Italy.
    I am a survayor and my first hobby is road cycling. Also I practice off road, but I prefer paved roads!!

I have two bicycle: Colnago CLX for paved roads and Specialized Stumpjumper (front) for off road!!

I hope to find here some answers to my questions and many friends!!

Sorry my english but I'm also here for learn this!! Correct me if needed!! Thank you!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

7. Methodical

Methodical Member

Where are you currently located. Also, I am interested in getting a mountain bike or hybrid. Got any suggestion. You can send me a message so that we don't clog this thread.

Thanks...Al

8. saturdaynight

saturdaynight New Member

Vermont, "The Green Moutain State," USA. I am a connectivity engineer for SmyQuest, a local document solutions company. In other words, I work on fancy office gadgets.

9. Chouaib

Chouaib New Member

Hello friends

I m Chouaib from Morocco and I m amateur cycling, I hope to have new friends interesting to this wonderful sport :)

10. tnsporting90

tnsporting90 New Member

I am here Nathan Brooks and Owner of the athletic shop . The atheletic shop as known the highest quality of screen printing and Emboiredy in the South. Now a days choose from variety of clip art and design and I am providing online t shirt design making tool and get the best t shirt with the wide range of sizes and colors for your college team.

11. Kacky

Kacky New Member

Hi all. I'm an old lady of 53, just starting to ride again after 30 years. I want to do city biking but here in Lewiston-Auburn Maine, it's horrible. I'd like to work with others in the area to turn things around. There is hope, now that youngsters like Jonathan Labonte and Craig Saddlemire are rising up through the ranks of City Government.

I'm the proud mother of a brave adult with autism. Also a semi-retired broadcaster, radio news reporter and freelance voiceover artist. Certified Master Gardener, geocacher. I am in treatment for psoriatic arthritis and have finally gotten back use of my body after years of disability.

I love the internet but recently dumped my Facebook account because I don't like to support arrogant little twerps. See you on Google Plus.

12. curlymaple42

curlymaple42 New Member

Hey! Another Mainer! Sweet! I am in southern Maine. Just started road riding after 20yrs. Raced Mtn bikes in college, then got out of it. Then a couple yrs ago I scored melanoma skin cancer. Couple surgeries and a year of treatments. Hopefully I am cancer free! Butt I got a new road bike and am doing the 60mile benefit ride sept 22 at the Fight Back Festival at Pineland. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

13. Kacky

Kacky New Member

Wow, 60 miles is quite a trek. You must be doing a lot of training rides. Cancer sucks!

I am heading over to Bates College tonight. The local bike club does rides every week for different levels, and Thursday is for beginner roadies. I'm sure I'll get a lot out of it.

14. curlymaple42

curlymaple42 New Member

Not enough training rides! Lol! I wish there was a shop doing beginner or so rides closer to me. I should check out Gorham. That isn't too far. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

15. Methodical

Methodical Member

More power to you.

Al

16. RonTampaBay

RonTampaBay New Member

Hi, I am from Palm Harbor Florida, and have recently gotten into cycling. Purchased a Specialized Crossroads Elite hybrid bike, and have been riding for about 2 months. Started out with short rides, 3 to 5 miles, and worked up to 10 miles .. And started riding 10 miles every day to build up endurance. Now enjoying longer distance rides.. Average 25 miles. I am 61 years old, but mentally about 30. Really enjoying the rides, which I always do early in the morning, while it is still cooler. Hope to learn a lot from the folks here.

17. stephenrash73

stephenrash73 New Member

I'm Steve and I'm from Las Vegas. I've been cycling for two years and currently race cat.5.

18. Ifamus

Ifamus New Member

I live in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I work in the ski industry.

19. yagneshahir

yagneshahir New Member

When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.

Hi,
    I am from Bangalore, India.
    I own Schwinn Sporterra 2012. Its been almost 6months now that I have started commuting on my cycle to work.
    Around 16miles a day, home to offce and office to home, with normal 2climbs on the way back and forth.
    Learning a lot about cycling. And hope to learn more better ways and stuff about cycling.

20. Wolfie303

Wolfie303 New Member

Hi all. I'm from Raleigh, NC and work retail. 32 years old. Just getting back into cycling again. I'm not really on the same level with most of y'all here, but I'm working on it. I seem to keep hurting myself. I also run, so knee injuries keep me back. I'm down for the count on running right now (can't give it up completely, so I'm hoping to be back on the trails by Sept. 1) so I am using cycling to take up that slack. I try to get out a few times a week, but I only do one longer ride a week because of time constraints. Because of the hours I work, if I did more, I'd be cycling at midnight. LOL! I tend to do my longer rides on trails like the American Tobacco Trail and am looking for new trails all the time. Shorter rides are done around the area, usually 10 to 15 mile jobs, full of hills to get myself trained up a little better so I can tackle more distances and more trails. Personally, I just like the freedom and the sight seeing.