Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. loneranger14

loneranger14 New Member

Hi everyone, My name is Harold and I am from New Jersey. The reason I am on this site is that I am trying to get back into shape, and I just recently purchased in itouch which I am trying to put great music for me to exercise to. One of my favorite movies is American Flyers, and I can't find the soundtrack on itunes. I Googled the question about American Flyers soundtrack, and it sent me to Cycling forums. I am looking for Part 5 of the soundtrack, if anyone has it? Thank you.

2. loozkit

loozkit New Member

Hi all! I'm new to bicycling and from Pennsylvania, USA. Excited to check out the forums! Have lurked around for a while now, but figured I may as well register. [​IMG]

3. ninjabrewer

ninjabrewer New Member

Hi, name is Chris, used to ride a LOT back in my teens, raced one season as a USCF Jr. screwed up my knee, and kinda lost interest, girls did have something to do with that. Now I am retired from the Army, live in the Huntsville, AL area, trying to get back into riding and staying in shape. Still have the same bike I had back then, Pinarello Record Equipe, full Campy (of course). Still rides great. Hope to meet some other riders in the area.

nb

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

We need to see pictures of your bike.

5. lanceropolis

lanceropolis New Member

Hi. I'm lance and I'm from Northern California. I am a Clydesdale and started cycling about a year ago to get in better shape. I started taking cycling more seriously in the past month or so and am starting to work towards better fitness. I ride a Felt Z6 (2011) with Mavic Aksiums. I look forward to all this forum has to offer.

6. johnthomas

johnthomas New Member

hi i am an electronics engineer, i cycle every weekend for fun.

7. chrishopwood66

chrishopwood66 New Member

I'm from Leeds and am thinking about getting into road cycling has anyone got any ideas about what bikes to get and any advice about buying? I don't want to spend a lot of money and would prefer if i could spend about £300 because if I don't take to it I want to be able to get rid of the bike, any ideas? I've been told I need a size 58 bike aswell

8. turgaygungor

turgaygungor New Member

i'm Turgay ,from Turkey
    i'm office worker in Ermenegildo Zegna brand's shirt fabric.
    i usually ride a bike 5 days at the week.

9. alienator

The bike stuff is cool, but why the hell are you spamming this forum with your paintball gloves?

10. schwinnhund

schwinnhund New Member

I live on a mountain near Chatsworth, Ga. I do not have a Drivers License, and use my bicycles (I have 7 at present) for General Transportation and utility. I live on two-wheels. I am a free-lance writer, work on the internet from home, and am both a Bicycle Vehicularist, and very vocal bicycle advocate. My dream is to see an entire network of bike routes, sort of a bike Highway, stretching across the entire country, where anyone can ride a bike to wherever they want in relative safety.

Bicycles can save our country, our people, and our planet...

11. markelson657

markelson657 New Member

Mark - England - mostly Bristol but Portsmouth occasionally. Own a road bike and hybrid - cycle to commute and for fun (and lose giving up smoking weight!). Currently in Paris for the last stage of the TdF - any other Brits over here? If so do you know if/where there is going to be a Brit "corner"? Cheers

12. Rich Gibson

Rich Gibson New Member

Rich Gibson, Annandale, VA. Retired Navy, retired U.S. Customs, seventy-one. I was a pilot in the Navy and kept myself in relatively good shape. I've ridden exercycles and now an elliptic for the past twenty years but still got up to around 220#. After struggling the past two years I've broken 189# on my way to 180#. Last week I bought a Trek FX 7.6. Although I trained indoors (extreme heat) for two days on it today was my first day on two wheels for over forty years. [​IMG] After a half-hour things were back to normal. Whew!

[​IMG]

13. tuscanyNbeyond

tuscanyNbeyond New Member

Newbie cyclist here after a longing for a new challenge in life! Cycling is it! Our goal is to hit a napa valley tour this spring- I can't wait! We just purchased a recumbent cycle to help train on with the hopes of purchasing a couple bikes soon!

I'm a RN turned professional photographer! (www.melaniepoteat.com) my husband is an emergency room PA!

Look forward to learning lots of goodies info!

14. Sandy New

Sandy New New Member

I am from China, I have a carbon bike factory, my skype is: data.liu I hope make new friends.

15. alienator

Do you want to make friends so that you can steal their ideas and make cheap copies? The bigger question is whether or not a thieving turd such as yourself can have real friends. Honesty is not part of your makeup.

16. Bill1947

Bill1947 New Member

per Alienator: "Do you want to make friends so that you can steal their ideas and make cheap copies? The bigger question is whether or not a thieving turd such as yourself can have real friends. Honesty is not part of your makeup."
    ..this on top of several other angry, nasty posts is enough to make it clear to me that this is not the type of site I want to be on! Bye all!

Spindrift_ME likes this.
  17. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

So long, Bill! Cycle safely.

18. Spindrift_ME

Spindrift_ME New Member

19. Spindrift_ME

Spindrift_ME New Member

Bill1947 that's the reason I haven't visited this site for two years - shocked & disappointed by the viciousness that spews out of some people. I thought cyclists might have higher values but no. The administrators need to delete abusive remarks.

20. Sandy New

Sandy New New Member

Even I have a factory in China, the main products are raw carbon frame, even my factory make copy if some customers (who want a famous brand bike but the high price stopped he) need, then I can not say"I want to make more friends with riding lovers"???
    I do not push any one to buy copy, but some one need, we supply, we will not sell a copy but with a real price.
    I am disappointed with the forum too.