Where are you from,what do you do?

I am Brad from Florida. Me and My Wife are considering purchasing some cycling equipment to do some touring, maybe upstate a little bit. I was in track and field many moons ago so thought I would come here to learn the new technology, get tips from cyclists on over the road type bike purchase. Thanks

I am from the L.A. area and teach middle school history. I ride about nine miles before school every day and a little more on the weekends.

Hi everyone, my name's Ben. I currently am an Automotive Suspension R&D Engineer in the California Central Valley (Visalia).

I have always ridden bikes to commute (starting riding to elementary school) and enjoyed riding downhill when I was going to school in San Luis Obispo. Now it's flat in the valley so I've gotten into road biking and am training for a couple centuries at the end of September and loving it.

Hi all. I live up in Lake Tahoe and have been mountain biking all over Nor-Cal since 1989. Had a road bike for a minute back in 88, but it was so damn boring. Thank god for uprising of the MTB. I couldn't handle staring at asphalt anymore! Plus, who wants to ride around in gutters all day? Mountain biking gave me the challenge and excitement that a road bike never could. It required athletic ability, quick thinking, strength and guts, none of which are present when riding any bike on smooth asphalt. You'll never see a poser on an intermidiate to black diamond singletrack with 1' to 4' foot drops, hairpin switchback corners through the lush forest and over streams, jamn over thick chunk at speed to line up for the booter. That requires skill and talent, which is why those who can only pretend to be athletic ride on the road. There is a lot more out there than what you can see from the pavement, so get out of the gutters and onto the trails and I'll see you there.

Reactions: Niamhie
Hi All, my name is Mark. I'm a sales in a manufacturer of carbon bike frames and rims. I enjoy talking about carbon frame performance, design, paint,etc.
grin.png

http://www.honorteam.hk

The above is a bike built with our frameset by a guy in EU.

[SIZE= 16px]Hi,I'm a new graduates from my college[/SIZE] ,and got a job relate to bicycle.I want to learn more about bicycle knowledge from everybody.Of course,we also can exchange our ideal too
embarrassed.png

Hey guys! I'm a student (studying maths), new here! :) I spent a year living in Germany where I really got into biking, (they are all a bit crazy about bikes and cycling there), but nothing professional, just biking for fun. I had to leave my bike behind, but I'm looking to buy a new one soon, as I miss it! Hope to get some advice here! :)

Hi All! Decided to take up cycling & set myself a 2000km challenge! Though I am a complete noob I hope to add value to the forum as I train & not just take take take ;-) I'm from Ireland but currently living in Switzerland. Cheers, Niamhie

I am a sport women,now i am a manufacture,and specilize in sports wear,such as cycling jersey,triathlon wear ,Swimming Wear

Originally Posted by Chloe31 .

Hey guys! I'm a student (studying maths), new here! :) I spent a year living in Germany where I really got into biking, (they are all a bit crazy about bikes and cycling there), but nothing professional, just biking for fun. I had to leave my bike behind, but I'm looking to buy a new one soon, as I miss it! Hope to get some advice here! :)
Hey guy!
Have you ever want to assemble a bicycle by yourself ? I found this on to be especially meaningful because he existence to you is like son, younger brother and friend all put into one.
cool.png

Originally Posted by Jessie Liu .

Hey guy!
Have you ever want to assemble a bicycle by yourself ? I found this on to be especially meaningful because he existence to you is like son, younger brother and friend all put into one.
cool.png
I've never really thought about it! But I'll check it out, maybe one day I'll decide to assemble one for myself...sounds like a lot of work though ;)

Hi everybody,

Posted a long time ago here as bikeguy, now got back into cycling after a 3.5 year lay-off, when I rode in a few road races and one or two TT's each year, beginning in 2004. Been riding hard again, set a personal best on a local TT competition in Finland, 58.45 over a 37.5 km hilly course after 6 months of training. http://www.ccpicaro.net/images/ptempoprofiili_iso.jpg I have a road bike, a time trial bike and an old beater bicycle.

Otherwise I work in the forest 5 days a week.

Nice to be back

Hey everyone, newbie here. I just got my first serious road bike and I'm happy to be apart of this great community. I'm excited to learn from you guy's as much as I can about cycling.

cheers
big-smile.png

mybike88 said:
I'm from china....we selling bicycle wheels,road bike carbon wheels,MTB carbon wheels fiberbike pls visit our website:www.fiberbike.com 
All of your fellow countrymen/competitors are also spamming here. Do you pollute other forums with your spam?

Hi Guys,
Am Krishna from Bangalore, India. Recently purchased a KHS Alite 500 MTB and started cycling regularly from a month. Am a dental surgeon by profession and love to do trails and some on road cycling too. Hope to learn a lot here. Thank you for accepting.

How's everyone I am leaving Iowa going to Charlotte nc Washington DC then to San Diego anyone need bike or gear or junk of any kind hauled Iam your man you can text me 507-313-9904 or message me here coast to coast marty

Hi

I am new here.

I am from Half Moon Bay, California, USA. My normal ride is between 16-24 miles on a flat section of coastal highway 1. Our bay is 10 miles long, so I can get 20 miles just riding the bay edge and back.

Here is a look at part of my daily ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba9qe9KtPoE

I am 51 years old guy. My body type is not a typical LD rider - more like a football lineman. So, speed is not my goal, just distance.

I used to be a super recreational rider - once riding my bike from Lake Tahoe, California to Vancouver BC. Canada. A Great ride. 2 weeks of 100 mile days, meeting great new people, great scenes, and fun times

Over the last 4 years, I have liked to build up to a big century ride with friends each summer. That may change now that I have had knee surgery. My goal now is to create a long-term maintainable routine to keep riding for 20 years - no matter the milage. Yes, I do know a 70 year old cyclist. He takes his time.

My dream ride would be one of those 1-2 week long charity rides through beautiful territory, doing some good. But, I am afraid to go over 20 miles/ day. So, I have to narrow my search.

I like dive travel and have dove in 13 countries. I like travel and been to probable twice that many countries. Right now my, favorite destinations are in Australia and Greece, to name 2.

Aloha all,

John

John here, from New Jersey, 45 Y.O. been cycling for about 4-5 years - started doing charity rides which continues to this day.

I also enjoy riding in New York City and did my first Five Boro Tour this past May (video below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHX610boEE

My dream ride would have to be any one of the TDF stages. Dream charity ride would have to be the ADA Tour de Cure in Honolulu.