Where are you from,what do you do?



acacongua

New Member
Sep 15, 2003
1
0
0
I'm a crazy female from Indiana, USA and I am a training coordinator in IT/PT student. I bike to save my knees from the rigous pavement pounding called running. Right now, I'm focused on rock climbing because it's too cold to bike!!
 

sjp

New Member
Nov 24, 2003
10
0
0
Originally posted by Memphmann
Sure I still have a copy. Have watched it to see if I can locate myself.

Which corner was that & who fell???

Memph

I believe it to be Igor Astarloa.

He was turning onto Fennell Ave after the Beckett Drive climb. I saw him on the cover of last month's Velonews and the article inside indicated that he did take a spill - It was late in the race - maybe two laps remaining? If you look close, it's a kinda ugly because his rear wheel is off the ground and he's totally skidding on his leg.

SJP
 

Memphmann

New Member
Jul 6, 2003
766
0
0
48
Originally posted by sjp
I believe it to be Igor Astarloa.

He was turning onto Fennell Ave after the Beckett Drive climb. I saw him on the cover of last month's Velonews and the article inside indicated that he did take a spill - It was late in the race - maybe two laps remaining? If you look close, it's a kinda ugly because his rear wheel is off the ground and he's totally skidding on his leg.

SJP

What took my breath away was the bikes & equipment. WOW, wish I had that coin to spend. Then again, the USA came aliitle unprepared. One rider I heard needed new bike, but had to wait due to pedals.

Strange that a Canadian finished higher then any USA dudes!!!!

Memph
 

cam405

New Member
Sep 23, 2003
3
0
0
I am a 55 year old information systems solutions consultant (healthcare). I live in Atlanta, GA. I cycle about 70 miles per week. It's a great way to keep in shape.
 

Jade

New Member
Dec 4, 2003
34
0
0
I'm from Texas almost all my life. But I work quite hard at trying not to have the accent, though it is hard not to slip up once in a while.

What do I do? I am a semi-retired exotic dancer. Judge me as you will.

I'm 35 and am just getting back into biking after 12 years away from it. I look forward to developing the stamina for lengthy trips. Oh how I love to straddle a big machine and take it for a long ride!
 

Memphmann

New Member
Jul 6, 2003
766
0
0
48
Originally posted by Jade
I'm from Texas almost all my life. But I work quite hard at trying not to have the accent, though it is hard not to slip up once in a while.

What do I do? I am a semi-retired exotic dancer. Judge me as you will.

I'm 35 and am just getting back into biking after 12 years away from it. I look forward to developing the stamina for lengthy trips. Oh how I love to straddle a big machine and take it for a long ride!

You should be set for life, if you were good & did not waste $$. Had a friend back home that only worked 7-8 months per year & pulled in over 60 g's CND. Had envy for that $$ making power....

Memph
 

bfra1

New Member
Nov 24, 2003
45
0
0
I'm from Melbourne Australia. Mainly ride MTB for fun, but been getting into Road last 6 months. Usually do a 80-100k road ride each w/end and some bits during the week.
When I know that I can get out of work at a better hour (daylight) I'll ride to and from work (appx 45 k each way).

New bike coming in 2 weeks, so riding will be even better.
 

kingy

New Member
Dec 2, 2003
4
0
0
34
hey it looks like u all know each other so i guess its my turn. Clear the throught and, Hi my names chris king im from northallerton, north yorkshire, england and im an Alcoholic-sorry about that got a bit carried away hehehehe
 

bioguy

New Member
Sep 21, 2003
40
0
0
52
Originally from south central Pennsylvania, I did my M.S. at the UWisconsin-Madison. I currently teach 8th grade science, 9th grade Biology and AP Biology in New Jersey. I started riding 3 years ago to lose weight. This summer my longest ride was 67 miles. When it was warm, I was commuting to and from work, 17 miles each way.
 

Howie

New Member
Dec 6, 2003
4
0
0
57
Hi, I'm new here.

I live in Belgium, near the city Roeselare.
I'm 38 years old and started to bike about a year ago.

I'm working as a computer programmer-analyst for the leading touroperator in Belgium.
Yep, I'm in the holliday business :D
 

sjefsch

New Member
Dec 2, 2003
1
0
0
it seems not many on this forum are from good old Europe, well I am, from the Netherlands. I work for a local government council and I cycle between 2 and 3 hours a week, in summer more often, I love climbing, as this is Amstel gold race country. Any body out there from the old world?
 

Jade

New Member
Dec 4, 2003
34
0
0
rossoreduk, better look in the mugshot thread before the pic gets tossed, because thats all your getting for free. :D ;)
 

cpa

New Member
Aug 4, 2003
82
0
0
Originally posted by Jade
rossoreduk, better look in the mugshot thread before the pic gets tossed, because thats all your getting for free. :D ;)

I'm sorry, but by advertising the exotic dancer thing, and contradicting it with a pic like that in the Member's mugshot thread....... you're just begging to be paid out on.
OMG.

:eek:
 

James Cameron

New Member
Nov 9, 2003
8
0
0
Originally posted by Aussie cycler
Defending our nation is a full time job.

Good on you for your commitment to the forces. Which ship are you on?

Thanks. It's pretty satisfying. And it's nice to know some people appreciate it. I'm on HMAS BUNBURY.
 

rossoreduk

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
204
0
0
Originally posted by cpa
I'm sorry, but by advertising the exotic dancer thing, and contradicting it with a pic like that in the Member's mugshot thread....... you're just begging to be paid out on.
OMG.

:eek:

LOL wot a horror! U reckon that could be a side effect of EPO abuse?
 

James Cameron

New Member
Nov 9, 2003
8
0
0
Originally posted by byfred
I was just wondering if you have access to a computer when you are at see and if so, how often?.........byfred
I know Memph has told you that he has access to all sorts of stuff at sea. We aren't so fortunate. We have access to computers for admin work etc. We get e-mail dumps at sea (if the system's working) on a daily basis. No internet. This is specific to patrol boats however. The bigger ships are better fitted out.
 

Memphmann

New Member
Jul 6, 2003
766
0
0
48
Originally posted by James Cameron
I know Memph has told you that he has access to all sorts of stuff at sea. We aren't so fortunate. We have access to computers for admin work etc. We get e-mail dumps at sea (if the system's working) on a daily basis. No internet. This is specific to patrol boats however. The bigger ships are better fitted out.

??????????????????????

Why am I mentioned in this post? Now what did I do???????????

Memph