Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi I am Christopher Rupert from Emmaus PA United States... Nice to know you all and participate in the upcoming discussions...

Hi all ..... My name is lee and I'm front the south-east of England in Kent... I'm a Tarmac boy ,but do like the occasional dirt and off- road ride :) I care for the elderly with dementia mostly and love to get out in my vw camper with a bike strapped to the back if it doing sportives or little MTB courses when I have time :)

Hi everybody.... Rusty Williams Here from Lakeland Fl. Started riding MTB for fun, wife wanted to get road bikes for exercise. We are both hooked on road and MTBing now. Only problem now is when we're doing one we miss the other!

Live in Phoenix (Ahwatukee) Arizona area. I just turned 40 and in June I decided to take better care of myself. I have lost 52 pounds since then (4 pounds from my BMI ideal weight! ) and I have put in 500 miles on my department store mountain bike (all road work) I told my self if I made it to November and I was still doing it I would get a good bike. I think in the next two weeks I will be purchasing a SuperSix EVO 5 105. I know my personality and I am ultra competitive so I figure I will be doing a couple events a year and maybe some races? Not real sure, only the future will tell.

Live in Ohio and about to receive a new 14 Jamis Supernova Elite for Xmas.

Started MTB riding in 2009 but could not afford better bike so I gave up cycling until now.

Currently unemployed lol!

Plenty of time to ride now so that's why I'm getting a bike.

I've been running quite a lot the last year with son so to keep it fun we're going to run and ride!!

Good for you! I'm right behind you in age and 40 isn't all that bad. My friend is 44 and he's one of the best MTB Ultra Endurance riders in Ohio.

Sounds like you have been riding a lot to drop the weight. It's hard to drop weight on a bike alone, are you doing any other exercise?

I eat too much in the evening so whatever I burn running/riding is replenished..I suck at dieting but eat healthy in large amounts haha.

AZ riding must be awesome and you get to ride outside without snow=year round!

Hello all! Cycling the beautiful San Diego CA with my road bike! My love for biking turned into hobby, a workout and sports. Anybody here who's from our within oceanside ca? Hope to meet you all! :

Originally Posted by Cyra DC

Hello all!

Cycling the beautiful San Diego CA with my road bike!

My love for biking turned into hobby, a workout and sports.

Anybody here who's from our within oceanside ca?
Hope to meet you all! :
Welcome aboard!

Hi everybody,I'm a fan of cyclist and a work with a good lithium battery company,which offer lithium battery to the people like us who fan with sport bike or pedelec,I would like to join with your team to know more people.--Sofie

Hi all!

I'm from New Brunswick, Canada, but originally from Bristol in the United Kingdom. I've been living in this beautiful country for seven (almost eight) years and have finally decided to get out there and see it, using the best method of transportation I can think of - my bicycle!

I'm currently a bit of an odd-jobber, but I'm getting into cycle-touring and looking for advice! I'm also an amateur freelance journalist and have recently started my own website, where I'll be posting articles, trip accounts (usually on a daily basis when I go on tour), as well as gear reviews, cycle-tourist resources and much more!

Feel free to check it out at: http://jackonabike.ca/

Also, freely follow me on Twitter: @jackonabikeCA

Cheers,

Jack.

My name is Dingi and I am new to this board this is my first post to this board and I want to make some interesting discussions for this . I hope that it would be really good for me to be on this board and I can enhance my knowledge. Thank you and regards.

Hello,
I'm Jeff from Central PA. I worked in the environmental remediation industry for 25 years designing groundwater remediation systems and doing project management. I became bored and felt unchallenged and recently completed and computer and information science degree and have been a software developer for the past three years.

I raced bicycles on the road, track, and a little MTB from 1986 - 1995 (22 to 31 yrs old). I was off the bike for 18 years pursuing other interests and mostly just getting fat. In June of 2013, I decided to lose weight and get in shape but quickly found that my daily walks were killing my knees for my way fat body weight. On July 31, 2013 I dug out my 20+ year old bike and went for a ride. It was scary since I didn't know if my bike that was accustomed to me being 150-160 lbs would handle me at 280 lbs. It did and I fell in love with riding my bike again. I'm down to 207 lbs as of today (about 6 months of diet and exercise) and I'm shooting for 170 lbs by spring.

So much has changed with technology and training since I was racing and I'm having a blast reading the forums and learning about all the new stuff. I became intrigued with power training after purchasing a Wahoo Kickr which has led me to read Allen/Coggan's book along with Friel's bible. I'm shopping for a new bike and it will definitely have some type of strain gauge, most likely a Quarq.

The social aspect of racing and training is all new to me also. I've become a Strava user (me) and also have found TrainerRoad.com (me) a great resource for my indoor rides. Feel free to watch and comment on my progress.

Thanks in advance for understanding some of my questions/comments that may seem a bit dated. ;-)

Hi

I am Soliman, from Saudi Arabia. I work for Petrochemical company as a field operator. Well, I am married with two kids and already reached my Thirties. I have never known my self as a thin person since I was chubby from the day I was born. Started to gain weight as I grow older. Now, I weigh 134 kg and my height is 168 cm. As you can see, I am way over weight. I tried allot skimming some of the fat accumulated in my body, but nothing actually did. Finally, I woke up after all the years have passed. that was when I over heard one of my friends (who dose not know any thing about bicycles) talk about getting a bike. I started searching for a bike that could withstand my weight. after a long search, I finally found one. An Orbea Aqua TSR 2012. Since I started riding it, I fell in love with cycling and all. And started to wonder, how come that I did not think of it for a long time? Know, it has been three months since I started. My ambition grows more than getting thin and fit.

Originally Posted by shamsasa01
Hi

I am Soliman, from Saudi Arabia. I work for Petrochemical company as a field operator. Well, I am married with two kids and already reached my Thirties. I have never known my self as a thin person since I was chubby from the day I was born. Started to gain weight as I grow older. Now, I weigh 134 kg and my height is 168 cm. As you can see, I am way over weight. I tried allot skimming some of the fat accumulated in my body, but nothing actually did. Finally, I woke up after all the years have passed. that was when I over heard one of my friends (who dose not know any thing about bicycles) talk about getting a bike. I started searching for a bike that could withstand my weight. after a long search, I finally found one. An Orbea Aqua TSR 2012. Since I started riding it, I fell in love with cycling and all. And started to wonder, how come that I did not think of it for a long time? Know, it has been three months since I started. My ambition grows more than getting thin and fit.
Hi Soliman - Our stories are very similar. Your height and weight are very close to what I was in June of this year. I thought I'd pass along a diet that has worked well for me to shed weight (YMMV). I it call feast & famine. One day I eat my BMR calories and the next day I try to limit my intake to 500-600 calories which usually consists of a Greek yogurt midday and a piece of fish with a bunch of steamed fresh veggies for dinner. The nice thing about this diet is that I can still enjoy things I like to eat (pizza, beer, pasta) on my "feast" day. The first week is a little tough getting used to it but now it is just a normal part of my life. I have lost nearly 80 lbs since June (6 months). I did start cycling again at the end of July and it has helped accelerate my weight loss. Granted my diet is not providing me with fuel for peak performance but that is not my goal right now.

Great job on finding a new passion that will help you become the fit person you want to be.

Originally Posted by shamsasa01
Hi

Welcome on board.

I did a 5 year work assignment in Saudi and there were 7 of us expatriates who were very competitive. We use to train in Saudi Aramco doing laps around and inside the complex. If I recall we were from 1 USA, 1 Canada, 1 New Zealand, 1 England, 1 France and 2 from South Africa. We use to do road races with your fellow citizens and were welcome, provided we agreed not to attend the prize givings.
big-smile.png

In Aramco, the cycling is great, outside on the roads a bit dangerous, especially around Ramadan.

We also did one charity ride from Al Khobar to Riyahd, with great support from a couple of ambulances and the police. That was a long hard ride.

Be careful and keep pedaling.

18yrsOff said:
Hi Soliman - Our stories are very similar. Your height and weight are very close to what I was in June of this year. I thought I'd pass along a diet that has worked well for me to shed weight (YMMV). I it call feast & famine. One day I eat my BMR calories and the next day I try to limit my intake to 500-600 calories which usually consists of a Greek yogurt midday and a piece of fish with a bunch of steamed fresh veggies for dinner. The nice thing about this diet is that I can still enjoy things I like to eat (pizza, beer, pasta) on my "feast" day. The first week is a little tough getting used to it but now it is just a normal part of my life. I have lost nearly 80 lbs since June (6 months). I did start cycling again at the end of July and it has helped accelerate my weight loss. Granted my diet is not providing me with fuel for peak performance but that is not my goal right now. Great job on finding a new passion that will help you become the fit person you want to be.
Thanks alot on the tip. I have never heard of such a diet before. However it sounds really nice. I will start with it and see how it gose. I really appreciate the time you spent to type such a generous and supportive reply. Best regards my friend

WillemJM said:
Welcome on board. I did a 5 year work assignment in Saudi and there were 7 of us expatriates who were very competitive. We use to train in Saudi Aramco doing laps around and inside the complex. If I recall we were from 1 USA, 1 Canada, 1 New Zealand, 1 England, 1 France and 2 from South Africa. We use to do road races with your fellow citizens and were welcome, provided we agreed not to attend the prize givings. :big-smile: In Aramco, the cycling is great, outside on the roads a bit dangerous, especially around Ramadan. We also did one charity ride from Al Khobar to Riyahd, with great support from a couple of ambulances and the police. That was a long hard ride. Be careful and keep pedaling.
Hi there You know, I used to work for aramco three years a go. And I think i have seen you guys riding in the community couple of times. As you said, it is still very dangerous raiding in the public roads because of the cycling is still new to us. And a lot of us still prefer riding their car. So, any one who dose not follow their footsteps is considered a total stringer. That is way I still do not have the courage to cycle out side the community I live in. I am happy to go on the cycling road to have meet you here. Best regards