Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by Fla. George
Hi ya'll
I'm in Florida USA. I ride my recumbent from 1 hour per day to 50 miles, depending on amount of time. Did 30 miler today 12-14-03 and was riding along the Atlantic ocean in Miami when a very shapely young woman in a flesh colored riding outfit, blew by me at about 20. We could see through her outfit. She wore no undies. This is a first since I started riding 4 years ago. Very slick.
Peace to all who read this post & happy holidays,
Fla George
I know I'm a dirty old man--but I can picture this. Are you sure her "flesh-colored outfit" was an outfit? Indulge my fantasies please. That would be really slick :)

Howdy Y'all,

I'm 21, live in Brisbane Australia and am new to the cycling culture... purchased myself a 2004 Lemond Reno 2 weeks ago.
I am already loving commuting on the ol' gal, a lot less stressful (over driving). last week clocked up 130k's.
I would like to get into proffesional cycling, we will see how it all pans out.

I am storeman and network admin.

Originally posted by Elduderino
Howdy Y'all,

I'm 21, live in Brisbane Australia and am new to the cycling culture... purchased myself a 2004 Lemond Reno 2 weeks ago.
I am already loving commuting on the ol' gal, a lot less stressful (over driving). last week clocked up 130k's.

Hey welcome!! Nice to have another Aussie around here :D
I'm not one myself but I do LOVE them......
Lot's of talking-about-cycling-fun

ciao,

Madelon

Originally posted by Elduderino
Howdy Y'all,

Yes Welcome to the forums! Keep up with the cycling and u will be as gud as i one day! Erm i mean Lance!

Originally posted by Aussie cycler
Sounds like a relation of Memph's. Do you have any southern cousins Memph?

The only southern cousins I have are Jack Daniels & Jim Beem...

Memph

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I am a 44 yo American Investigator that will have 5900 miles this year. Took up cycling after running killed my back. Ride a Lemond Maillot Juane I just bought (2003) model. Wonderfully smooth steel. Converted my trusty Raleigh 600 to a time trial/indoor bike. I try to ride at least 5 times a week for 120+ total miles. We have a citizen cycling series here which enables even the amatuer racer to have and achieve goals.

Originally posted by Vo2
Did my first Argus this year - 3hrs 50. As you know, starting in the Open class right at the back of the field does'nt help. There was no bunch to sit in, and I rode all the way on my own. The back-end cyclists were all over the place!
My seeding grade is 31 at the moment, so next year I should have a nice seeded position. I'm aiming for between 3hrs15 and 3hrs30.
I'm also doing the Amashovashova this weekend.

Excuse me but I'm a Yank and I'm curious what an Argus is?

Dallas Texas

Tech Job

My new bike

newbike.jpg

Originally posted by svtchris
Dallas Texas

Tech Job

My new bike

newbike.jpg

Is that a Diamondback with a triple? Didn't know they built roadbikes? Nice triple & pedals....

Memph

it was 600 on sale for $250 so i couldnt pass it up for a getting started bike.

Dude you are correct. Great price for a starting off bike. Wonder how long it can last? Wonder how many km/miles it can handle?

Memph

it was 600 on sale for $250 so i couldnt pass it up for a getting started bike.

I think that the frame and fork will last forever, but Sora parts will turn into **** after a 6000 km:)

Hey... a new rider here...love the pump...a long way to go.
I live in Melbourne and I am looking for bike riders to train with. In the South East...
Kate

Hello all, this is my first post. Im in the U.K. on the south coast,and I work as a welder and fabricator. Im married with a little one on the way and have several bikes, my Raleigh is the one that takes the brunt of the commuting which is around 80-100 miles a week which is all I do in the winter really, 200 miles a week in better weather my other bikes are:
Daccordi 50th anniversary(1987)
H.Bates B.A.R.(1949)
Carlton Corsair tourer(1980)
Don Farrell s/s(1950s)
Specialized Allez(2000)
Im 37 and have been riding since I was 12 thanks to my Uncle who took an interest.
I like to read all the diverse posts here and think its a really good site.

Originally posted by Author
I think that the frame and fork will last forever, but Sora parts will turn into **** after a 6000 km:)

Yup, i bought one small enough my wife can ride it when I out grow it and need another one..

*even if she doesnt know it yet*

Gday,

I'm 35. Live in Brisbane Australia. Train with Nick Formosa's squad but belong to The Riders Club. Undecided about joining Ffast this year... Maybe if Nicks' thing gets going - but do they need more gumbies? Definitiely into TRCs MTB activities & I'll race the sunshine series with them irrespective of road club affiliations.

(We have a schism in Aust. We have the MTBA for most mountain bike races & Cycling Australia for road. Rapproachment is so close yet so far away).

Any way, I've just posted my new frame picture on the 'show us yours' thread.

I try to do about 350kms per week. Racing vet category this year.

Tony Melcer is my coach & I love his work. Pain - compulsory. Suffering - optional

I work at Southbank & my favourite ride is the river loop (NOT!) really its Brookfield.

Happy new year!

I am from Pueblo Colorado, 46 years old and I ride my Mountain Bike in the prairies, gulleys and bluffs that surround the city. I run into a rattle snake now and then, no problems as of yet, PTL.
Summer time it is great to ride trails in the Colorado Rockies. I have been a bike enthusiast for many years, however the past two years I have really become addicted again.

Originally posted by danleik
Excuse me but I'm a Yank and I'm curious what an Argus is?

The Argus is a South African Cycling Event.

It is held annually in March in Cape Town. It has the distinct honor if being the biggest Timed Cycling Race in the World.

This year they stopped after 35 000 Cyclists entered.....All 35 000 tickets were sold in 4 days.

Last year the route went over the notorious "Ou Kaapse Weg", but this year it is back on the old route which we just nicknamed "Chappies", short for Chapmans Peak.

The route is either 104km or 109km depending on which route is taken.

The scenery is breathtaking and the vibe is awesome. If you have the time and money, I would def. recommend this ride for all cyclists to do at least once in their lifetime. It is a great experience.

If you want to know more then go to www.cycletour.co.za