Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro New Member

Originally from Yorkshire, but currently living in Andalucia, Spain. It's a brilliant place for both road and MTB. I was a graphic designer for 20+ years and have just launched a new website where I've designed a range of cycling and MTB themed T-Shirts (I know, I know... it sounds like spam). I will check with the mods as to whether it would be ok to post a link to the site. I enjoy both road and off-road, and although not great at either I just keep pedalling away.

2. ColumbiaTA12

ColumbiaTA12 New Member

I'm from southeastern Pennsylvania (USA) & I'm getting back into cycling. Spent a number of years without a bike, but recently bought a used road bicycle with plans to ride & join a local cycling club. I'm excited to have found this website forum & hope to contribute & visit often. As my username implies, my bicycle is a 1979 Columbia Trans Am 12. Was used & sold for $30. Has no reflectors whatsoever & had flat tube, which I replaced and works just fine. Here's a picture of what it looked like fresh out of production. Now imagine years of wear with vitality of decals compromised & some faded spots and that's what I have. lol Works fine, so am happy with it. Am soley into road cycling. Have a great day all!

Attached Files:

3. Wisconsin

Wisconsin New Member

Western Wisconsin, commonly referred to as God's country.
    Started cycling early last year, and caught the serious bug this Spring/Summer. I roll about 75 mi/wk on a newer Trek complete with PD aerobars to make me look fast.

I don't know how I'm going to tolerate winter this year!

#7423 Wisconsin, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. Troy S.

Troy S. New Member

I cycle for fitness, to stay in shape and socially. Also train for charity events from time to time but when I get more time, would love to race competitively. Currently building blog (www.prodify.us) about cycling and cycling technology since I've become more passionate about this sport.

During my productive time I'm a medical assistant for a large Non-profit organization named Sutter Medical Foundation in Sacramento, CA. My goals are to cycle commute everyday to work rain or shine. Recently I've dedicated every Friday to commute to work via bike A.K.A. "Road Beast". I want to be able to cycle well into my 90's, health willing.

5. Kanepashi

Kanepashi New Member

I am from Florida ftmyers.

I do workout like training to lose weight, from 326lbs to 270lbs now.

I work for a catering company.

6. Bruce_cyclingsports

Bruce_cyclingsports New Member

Hi guys, glad to know you here, my name is Bruce, I am now living in Amoy City, China and working for a bicycle company, I also ride my bike in my spare time, hope to make friends with you and learn more bicycle knowlege :)

7. Ean Watkins

Ean Watkins New Member

My name is Ean, I am from Chicago, U.S.A. and I work in Technical Support for a software company. I grew up in Kentucky biking and running everywhere. mostly sought out a cycling forum because I don't know any other cyclist near me and my hours are too chaotic to join any group

8. steviesmallfry

steviesmallfry New Member

I am from Forest Hill, MD, USA. I am a Police Officer.

Great to meet you all!!

9. edka115

edka115 New Member

Hello everyone;) I'm Edyta and live in Poland. In his free time I'm going a bike.

10. dagg990

dagg990 New Member

Hello from Ukrane, i`m software programmer. New one here)

11. look 586

look 586 New Member

I am 41 years old ,and from kefalonia (one of ionian Island) .

Attached Files:

12. BikeBloggerDave

BikeBloggerDave New Member

Hey guys! live in Kentucky. Mostly ride road.

Papp likes this.
  13. Cykelfan

Cykelfan New Member

Hello! I am from Sweden. Besides cycling, I run a web shop for kids bikes. I also teach free cycling classes for young children on Sundays, because I believe in creating the next generation of cyclists!

14. Dawnrider

Dawnrider New Member

From the Midlands but I live in the north east. At the moment I'm unemployed and am a volunteer photographer at Oxfam.

15. envira

envira New Member

Hello,
    I hail from India, a place called Visakhapatnam. I am a Doctor by profession and a Web Developer by Passion. I am associated with forums since 8 years and been a part of MyBB Forum Software ( I run my own MyBB Template Studio called MySkins Studio ) . I ride, cook, Play Tennis, Photography and Travelling being my most favorite aspects. The city is located on the South Eastern Coast of India, that holds its name for its beauty with resplendent beaches, Lustrous greenery clad hills and dodgy trails. We have a stretch of 35+ kms of well paved road along the beach that gives us the best ride in the day, with Scintillating sunrise and sunset, that boosts our rides.
    We have few clubs being operated here, the main being Vizag Bay Cycling Club, which i am a part of. Another Group called Vizag Randonneurs also operate in here, and conduct the Brevets De Mondiaux in here.
    I would like to introduce my city to all with a small video : link :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37HVUIAWp-4

This seems a good forum, and i look forward for good friends and some healthy discussions. Good day,
    regards

16. TommyScholl

TommyScholl New Member

Hello my name is Tommy I am 37 and married with two kids. I live in Colorado and like cycling in my spare time, off road and mountain biking.

17. Joe Johnson

Joe Johnson New Member

Joe Johnson From Stevenage in England! pretty new to this so im looking forward to meeting new people!

18. cycle master

cycle master New Member

19. BPCycler

BPCycler New Member

I'm from Western Maryland, am an IT Coordinator for a living, have a wife, two kids and a cat. Pretty well sums it up.