Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

This is good and nice to know that you live in America. That is a country that I have always had dreams of visiting one day and I am pretty sure that with a little more funds saved, I can make that dream become a reality soon.

2. John Cameron

John Cameron New Member

Howdy, y'all

I'm a forty-something guy living in Texas, attempting to elude the pitfalls of a middle age, sedentary way of living. After some not-so-good news from my doctor early in the year, I began eating better and exercising a few times a week. I began running regularly (I'm 2/3 of the way through a couch to 5k program) back in April

I asked a few of my middle aged buddies for advice on running injury free. The consensus answer was "Stop running, get a bike". I got my first bike in the first week of May...then decided to get a bike suitable for my first endurance ride later this year. This would be a good time to mention that my hometown is host to one of America's most well attended century rides...the Hotter n Hell Hundred.

My goal is to complete the 50 mile ride on my 2007 Tarmac Pro (my avatar)

3. jennyfermanuel

jennyfermanuel New Member

Hi. I'm from Quezon City, Philippines.
    A License Teacher but not aiming of working as one yet :) I still want to do something in my life before commiting myself into teaching.
    I am not into practicing cycling each day yet.
    But spending my sparetime on the park riding on a bicycle.

4. Mothman1138

Mothman1138 New Member

Hello!
    I'm from Tennessee! I work for a local Police Department. I'm the father of a beautiful 1 year old baby girl and love getting on my road bike to push my limits!

5. ajahcuizon

ajahcuizon New Member

I am from Philippines what I'm currently a college student. When I'm on vacation from school, I tend to join cycling in our town. It's not just enjoyment tht I felt but also I felt how my body changed and developed. My endurance went high and I can do more of cycling ever since I joined our cycling marathon.

6. timothypangilinan

timothypangilinan New Member

I'm from Cebu, Philippines. I'm a fresh graduate of Education. I'm still working out my application for public school. While I'm on the process, I do cycling for recreation and exercise daily.

7. svejorange

svejorange New Member

Welcome aboard!

8. odav

odav New Member

Hello. I’m a 53 year old man from Liverpool,England.
    I’ve been a cyclist all my life, now just commuting and recreational riding.
    I work in healthcare (NHS) and enjoy riding in the countryside; gravel paths, singletrack & canal sides.

9. BikingTech

BikingTech New Member

Hello! I'm a 53 year old dude living in Star, Idaho. I'm a former professional techie now just doing it as side work while I make millions in the customer service field. :rolleyes: I try to ride daily and feel that has kept me fit over the years since I stopped running. Country roads are my home with occasional trail riding.