Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. mesonyctium

mesonyctium New Member

I'm French living in a little now not so far from the Alps. I'm an addict cyclist for years and I would like to talk with everyone. See you soon

2. Tmax1

Tmax1 New Member

I live in Montevallo, Alabama, USA. About 20 miles south of Birmingham.

There is a reat state park here, Oak Mt. State Park, with some "tough" singletrack. read a reveiw at mtbreview.com.

I currently ride a hardtail Fisher but am looking to buy a full suspension. Any recommendations (see Klein thread I posted)

I am an Elementary school Art teacher.

Riding my bike is a de-stresser after a day with kindegarterners through 5th graders. Whew!!

Glad I discovered this site.

Tmax1<jerry>

3. SchwinnFan

SchwinnFan New Member

Boosters legal or illegal???
    I ride with F.I.T products (it pulled me through
    the 94.7 3:30 with only spinning in my legs...)
    GO to your nearest dealer and ask about their
    range DO NOT leave the shop without:
    Carbo Supreme
    Antilac MSM
    SupaGoo
    CarboTrain
    And to get the party started:Beta Accelerator!!!
    And don't forget the blinking rear light so the others
    can see you.........

4. Roddo

Roddo New Member

Hey SchwinFan!
    Any truth in the rumour that the South African movie is alive and well and showing in Pofadder? :D

5. TRD609

TRD609 New Member

I am a 36yr old currency trader living in NYC and training about 10-12 hours/week.

Current rides - Trek 5200, Trek 1000, Bianchi Pista fixed.

Firstborn due in 4 weeks, that's not gonna cut into my training time...is it?

6. davek

davek New Member

Hello, I'm a 31yr-old chap from Kent, keen cyclist all my life but with a gap in mid-late 20s when other things took priority. Now I want to get back into it in a serious way - partly to get rid of the beer gut acquired during the years off - and I'm planning a 400-mile 5-day tour for September.

Best ever cycling experience: climbing the Col de la Croix de Fry - then coming down the other side!

Current bike: an ancient but still very serviceable Raleigh Royal.

7. ErikdeVlaeminck

ErikdeVlaeminck New Member

Im Dannel From The Basque Country
    I race in cyclo cross and asphalt

8. firegooroo

firegooroo New Member

I'm Pete and I'm from Miami, Fla. U.S.A. I'm a firefighter/paramedic with the county fire rescue department. Because of schedule I am able to train at least 5 times a week for an unlimited amounts of time and go to the gym. I will be racing this season at CAT 5 on the RRs and Crits. My goal is to finish the season at CAT 3 and win at least one race in each CAT. I would like wish everyone great season.

9. Denese Keenan

Denese Keenan New Member

10. cjb10350

cjb10350 New Member

I'm Chris from Cortlandt NY (north of NYC) and training for an April Triathlon in Florida. Fairly new to cycling - bought a road bike in August and have done a few 40 milers with friends. Since the snow and ice I've mostly been spinning in doors.

11. Denese Keenan

Denese Keenan New Member

Hi
    Denese here from Timaru
    NZ
    Love cycling everyday
    Want to her more about some great racing & tips

12. Stevedvg

Stevedvg New Member

Howdy -

I'm originally from a small planet orbiting Tau about 11 light years away but I'm currently having a real blast living in Langebaan on the west coast of South Africa - I'm a systems engineer for a Steel company and ride to and from work every day (approx. 40kms) Weekends I spend carbo-loading at this really cool beach-pub :D

Steve

13. skareb

skareb New Member

Hi,
    I'm Michael, from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, 33 yrs old, I'm a photographer. I ride 50km on week days, and 100km on weekends. I'm quite new to roadbikes but have been doing mountainbiking for sometime.

My ride
    mountain - Giant XTC SE3 hardtail
    Road - Giant TCR2

Its really hot here in M'sia, its like riding in a hair dryers

14. American Floyd

American Floyd New Member

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the forum but have been pretty impressed so far with the quality of discussion. I'm 24 and live in Indianapolis in the US, I am a big fan of Pink Floyd (hence the name and sig), and work at a local family owned bike shop as the computer tech and sales guy.

I rode a lot when I was young and just recently got back into it. I own a Haro mtn bike and plan on purchasing a new road bike soon. My sights are set on a few to choose from... Trek 2300, Trek 5000, and '03 Lemond Arrivee. Any advice on any of those bikes is welcome! I need to just try out all three!

Indy is very flat. The city is growing in its "bike friendliness," but it still has a long way to go. Just gotta keep selling the sport!

Here's to only a short month more to spinning indoors. Cheers.

15. byfred

byfred New Member

Check out <truenorthcycles> and don't forget to consider the "dollar exchange".........byfred

16. bwilkes

bwilkes New Member

I'm from Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA (alt 6500 ft), I spin three times a week because I don't like riding in the dark. I work 7-4 in logistics, in front of a computer all day. If it doesn't get below freezing, I ride for fun 40 to 60 miles on the weekends. As the days get longer I'll ride to work.
    I just finished Lance Armstorong's book "It's Not About the Bike", great book about a heck of a rider, good for the cold winter nights.

17. bikinchris

bikinchris New Member

I am from Broussard, Louisiana. I teach bicycling to middle school kids by going into the Phys Ed class for ten days teaching the LAB's KidsII class. I bring a trailer with ten bicycles, 40 helmets and all the materials I need to give them a good basic bicycling class.

18. less'go

less'go New Member

And to think I called you a troll, sorry, I was not very friendly to your ideas in the traffic light poll. Sometimes I can be so snitty... Keep up the good work!

Laisses les bons temps rouler! (you cajun by any chance?)

Sara

19. bikinchris

bikinchris New Member

Cajun Pur (pure Cajun)

By the way, read that book I qouted, You will find out some of how the bicycle changed the world. Most of what the bicycle did has been obscured by the automobile. Things like sports, the social world, marketing and engineering were changed completely throughout the industrialized world. The FIRST paved roads in the U.S. were paved because of the political power of the League of American Wheelmen. At one time there were two patent office divisions in the U.S. one for bicycles and one for everything else. But you will not find mention of this in the archives.

I will be going your way (Paris) this summer to follow Le tour. My wife and I are looking forward to some extra days before and after the tour spent in Paris.

Chris
    A Bientot

20. renoster

renoster New Member

I live in Marin County, cycling paradise, just north of San Francisco. I grew up in Cape Town South Africa, and reading these boards and the news, it looks like my time here on the roads is a lot safer than back home. I am training to try and complete the 200 mile Seattle to Portland race in one day in July, 2004 and hope to get back home to do the Argus Cycle Tour in 2006.

I ride to work every day that I can - across the Golden Gate Bridge to San Francisco and do a long ride in beautiful Marin County every weekend. This place is almost as gorgeous as the Cape, and people seem slightly less psychopathic about their hatred of cyclists.