Where are you from,what do you do?

Thanks, Vo2!! :) Yeah, when I.R. sniffs his finger, that just cracks me up!

:)

baboontrans.gif
You just gotta love it!

Hey I'm back.

Sorry I haven't been around for a few weeks, but life decided to show me what an true B______D it can be when it wants and I just didn't feel up to it.

Now I'm back I can post totally insignificant messages to my hearts desire ;D.

I cannot believe my eyes , is that really somebody posting messages in the MB Board.

Just read the article on Boardman. Awesome. I saw a pic of him (In Procycling) right after he beat the record. Dude, he was sitting down and it looked like he couldn't move because he was in so much pain. His face showed it. Looked like someone was sticking a bamboo pole up his @__. Damn, I bet there was enough lactic acid in his legs to kill a German Shepherd.

To the new guys, welcome to the board! ;D

Hi I'm from Auckland NZ yet anothor mtbikerchick follower From Ridemonkey like I.R.Baboon
not a racer I just ride cos it's fun and it helps keep me fit in the skiing
off season 8) ;D

I'm in Colorado and I'm an electrical engineering student..... :D
Like DaveW and the others I followed from ridemonkey!

Welcome mountain bikers! When do you plan on leaving the Dark Side? ;D

Just kidding guys!

Hi there guys.
Glad I discovered this site tonight, been keeping me busy, at least I had a good reason to avoid the terrible movie on the TV.

From Pretoria, South Africa. Recently moved here from Stellenbosch, and really enjoying it so far.

Just did the Bronkies Elim race on Saturday, and thought it was a good start to the season, gotta get ready for the Argus. Only do road cycling, and got my new bike about a month ago, so no more excuses.

Still trying to finish my Masters degree(professional student).
Anyway, cheers for now. Will be back often,promise.

Hey Chilli, welcome to the board! What on earth made you move from Stellies to Pretoria? :eek: Studies, eh?

Hi Everyone! You guys had me ;D with your comments! I don't for one minute believe you guys sit in the back of the bunch, to "chase chicks"! Not with the times you quote?

Where am I from? I was born in Portugal, and I've grown up in South Africa. Work in Johannesburg (secretary/personal assistant) and escape 8) on weekends to the Vaal!

I train at Kyalami race track during the week, but now that it's closed, I do interval work during the week, or spinning if it rains, and on weekends do a long race.

Have done one Argus, and two 94.7. This cycling bug is here to stay, and I absolutely love this sport!!! :D

Believe me Elsa, if there are a few gals in a fast moving bunch, the guys usually stick to that bunch. Much better staring at the back of a girl than the back of some dudes sweaty bum! ;D

Wow Elsa, an empty race track is just what I need here to be able to train outdoors.

To all the newcomers. Welcome to the best cycling BB in the world. It's always good to have new people on board (even if it's just the chance of winning the cateye that has attracted you :D )

Elsa, Kyalami is a great place to train, nice hills and corners, get you pretty fit. Not sure if you get cycle labs news letter. They are only telling half of the story. As I frequent a motoring BB I know from there that the AA are in negotiations to sell off half of the track, this is the unfortunate reason why it is closed. However just found out today that Zwarkops raceway is open for cyclists, not as great as Kyalami but still usefull.

VO2 - oh, ok, that now explains why some dude will park behind me, and he seems to have the speed to go past, but parks there?!? ;)

Altwegg - if you want an empty race track, just go there on a rainy day! Us die-hard cyclists (or idiots, depends which way you look at it) ;) were on the track before the 94.7 race in South Africa in November, and all ... 3 THREE of us were there, chilled to the bone, but there nonetheless!

Ouzo - thanxs for the welcome. You almost got me to :-[ (blush) about the attraction of the CATEYE competition entry, BUT, let the record show, I was on the website, reading and starting to post some replies, BEFORE I noticed the flashing advert for the Cateye. You believe me, don't you? ;)

In any case, it does not matter what got us onto this website, the point is, it's great, and no gimmicks needed to keep us here! I'm relieved I'm not seeing what was starting to occur on other websites.

Yes, I do get the Cyclelab Newsletter Ouzo, and I hope despite whhatever changes take place, I hope they open it to cyclists again. If not, I will have to make alternative plans. Where is the Zwarkops track?

Back to you guys...

In any case, it does not matter what got us onto this website, the point is, it's great, and no gimmicks needed to keep us here! I'm relieved I'm not seeing what was starting to occur on other websites.

Thanks i'm glad you like it, cause I waste alot of time messing with it ;D
Out of interest what dont you like on other websites?

Elsa,

To get to Zwartkops from Kyalami. Turn left out of Kyalami and just keep going. You go through the circle and just keep going, you'll eventually see it on your left.

And no I dont think it's the gimmicks keeping you here, if you were one of the die hard three that were training at the track in that cold spell then I think you have alot to offer on this BB and dont need gimmicks to keep you here. Stick around, you'll have some fun.

Admin - I meant what I said, keep up the great work! :)

You asked what don't I like? Are you sitting down? ;)
Ok, I'll limit it to the worst things...

Some websites, in order to view a message, you have to click on the actual message. This is time consuming, and even worse, when it eventually opens on the relevant message, the person has just written one line - the same line that was on the message heading!
To compare to cyclingforums' website, you have various headings, and then the messages are all easy to view, with the scrollbar! Easy to view, easy to reply, and we get notified on email that there is a reply to what we have posted - we don't have to keep viewing the same message to see when someone replies.

The other things I don't like, is when someone offers advice, or asks a ligitimate question, and a 'wiseass' comes along, and belittles them, or makes wisecracks, which again, one has to click on message, and then read this wasted message! I have not found that happening on here at all. Everyone is courteous, and it's like website paradise! ;D

Those are the more annyoing things, that I can think of at the moment. If I think up any others, I'll be sure to let you know. 8)

Admin - I meant what I said, keep up the great work!   :)

You asked what don't I like?  Are you sitting down?   ;)
Ok, I'll limit it to the worst things...

Some websites, in order to view a message, you have to click on the actual message.  This is time consuming, and even worse, when it eventually opens on the relevant message, the person has just written one line - the same line that was on the message heading!
To compare to cyclingforums' website, you have various headings, and then the messages are all easy to view, with the scrollbar!  Easy to view, easy to reply, and we get notified on email that there is a reply to what we have posted - we don't have to keep viewing the same message to see when someone replies.

The other things I don't like, is when someone offers advice, or asks a ligitimate question, and a 'wiseass' comes along, and belittles them, or makes wisecracks, which again, one has to click on message, and then read this wasted message!  I have not found that happening on here at all.  Everyone is courteous, and it's like website paradise!   ;D

Email notification is cool, you can even subscribe to threads you havent posted to. You can also unsubscribe to threads you get jack of ;)

You wont find many wiseass's here, when they show their face their posts get deleted as soon as either vo2 or myself notice them. Its our forum (all members included) and we make the rules. If the members think something is un-acceptable then it gets the boot, this includes everything about the site (cept the admin of course ;D )

cheers!

Ouzo,

Thanx for the prompt reply, and the good directions. I think it's a little too far out for me, so unless Kyalami opens, I'll stick to what I'm doing.

Thanx also for the kind words. I will stick around, because I'm having so much fun, I'm on here too much already! This morning I hardly got any work done, because I was so entertained on here. I'm really impressed with the guys who are so willing to help the others, and the sharing of information! ;D