Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi, I'm Anne, I'm not riding much right now because I'm having to run a LOT at work, can't wait to get back to it...I'm in the process of trying to join an EMS mountain bike team.

Hi,

I live in Adelaide Australia. I'm a designer/CAD technician. I've been cycling since I was 10. I am a non-competative touring cyclist, and have done several long rides in foreign countries. I love to ride, especially when I've got some good music in my walkman.

cheers guys.

Originally posted by b1_
Hi,

I live in Adelaide Australia. I'm a designer/CAD technician. I've been cycling since I was 10. I am a non-competative touring cyclist, and have done several long rides in foreign countries. I love to ride, especially when I've got some good music in my walkman.

cheers guys.

Hi b1_:

Hi b1_: What foreign countries have you been able to tour in and have you ever been able to come to Canada? We have some wonderful touring routes over here, I think.........byfred

Howdy byfred.

Well, I did New Zealand 2 years ago (amazing), and some of Europe (France Switzerland Spain) in 1997 (also amazing); and of course I've cycled some of Australia as well, mostly around the Aus Alps in Victoria and New South Wales.

I plan to do Japan or Canada, or Japan + Canada (west to east) :D next. I'm not particularly interested in the US, but definately Canada, especially around Vancouver - Calgary area.

Originally posted by b1_
Howdy byfred.

Well, I did New Zealand 2 years ago (amazing), and some of Europe (France Switzerland Spain) in 1997 (also amazing); and of course I've cycled some of Australia as well, mostly around the Aus Alps in Victoria and New South Wales.

I plan to do Japan or Canada, or Japan + Canada (west to east) :D next. I'm not particularly interested in the US, but definately Canada, especially around Vancouver - Calgary area.

July & August would be your best time for touring in the Canadian Mountains around Vancouver and Calgary. They won't disappoint you, the views are breathtaking.........byfred

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I'm From Valrico, Fl. I've been cylcing on a BMX bike :D 20 miles every sunday to get to church for half a year now putting over 600 miles on my little Mosh ONE. After being passed by a older man who was barely pedaling, old enough to be my great grampa btw, I decided I needed some gears. I started looking at just wal-mart bikes for the price but I've got a money problem and I new getting a $1000 bike. I swear I have a money spending problem. It's a full suspension bike, disc brakes, 27 speed, full deore. Can't wait till it gets here. I already went and bought clipless pedals and shoes and they came today. Have yet to fall over but soon enough I could imagine. I will never go back to platforms for just street riding. I haven't taken them off-road yet, but I'll get too it once my bike gets here. Oh yeah, btw I'm 16.

Howdy,

I'm a writer who enjoys endurance riding (long distance), plus French and Italian road bikes...and good food :)

Take care.

Hi.

I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I work as a CAD draftsman.

I subscribed to this forum quite some time ago, but it wasn't very active then and so I forgot it. I came here looking for a reasonable web interphase into usenet, and was surprised to find myself already a member.

I see a few familiar faces from Bikeforums.net here. Hi guys.

Hi :) Everyone I'm a "Female" cyclist ;) I cycle for 4 years now in a club. XC cycling is my discipline.

Hi,
Here's another female cyclist. I started in July last year because some-one enlisted me for the Ride for the Roses. I trained with a club and by the end of August I "did" the Ride, was totally in love with cycling and bought my own bike in October.
Cycling is great!!!

Did spinning and mountain biking in the winter months, so with the start of the new season I'm in good shape.

Greets from the Netherlands!

How's everyone this a.m.?
Been pedaling on and off for a couple years and just getting back into it as my #1 hobby hopefully.
I'm riding an olde (the "e" means its older than old...;) ) Centurion with a mostly Ultegra group that I picked up at a steal of a price. I am in the market for a late model (2002 or so) Klein Quantum (54cm if anyone's taking notes).
I work as a mechanical engineer in Atlanta, Georgia and my other hobby is informing ignorant motorists to the rules of the road as I ride.
- Chris

[SIZE=1.8]"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.
Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.
That's relativity."
-Albert Einstein
[/SIZE]

Originally posted by Jamisguy
East coast of the U.S. I sell Jamis bikes at the best prices going!

What are "Jamis Bikes"? Do you have a web site?.........byfred

bump for byfreds comment.
do you have any online resources?
I haven't researched Jamis, but I will take a look and if anything agrees with me I'll let you know for sure :D

byfred:
http://www.jamisbikes.com/

Hey, I'm a newer rider but have been a runner for years and really love the sense of community that is shared in the cycling world. Ride on.

I live in southern New Hampshire (USA). I work for a large high-tech company, as "some kind of Engineer or something" (for those of you who read "Dilbert"). I'm in my mid-40's and have been cycling since I was a kid. I have a road bike and a mountain bike, and do about a 50/50 mix of road and trail riding - hence my username.

hey im Theo le roux im from south africa live in the uk work as a chef cycle as much as i can but would like to cycle more but have to work i want to become a world class cyclest but need more info of italian cycling if someone can help me please help just email me please.
love cycling very very much i could call it my life with out it im lost how meny of u feel that way or am i the only one

enjoy cycling and try to love it if u don't chow

Hi, i'm from Quebec city. I own a clothe's store on a street. I'm here to learn some details about "mountain bike" for my son. He is 12 years old. We hesitate between 3 bikes: Giant Boulder se, Gary Fisher...and Trek! I know you can help us!!!
Thanks!

i'm a cycling fan,both riding wise and reading wise.i have a scott mountain bike and plan to purchase a road bike.i'm 34 and i go to the gym regularly.i've been riding road bicycles since age 12.there's a nishiki road bicycle at ****'s sporting goods in middletown ny for $499(regularly priced at $649.99.are nishiki's good bicycles?i've also considered buying one at a bike shop or even second hand.what do you's suggest?