Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi - I'm from Saskatoon Sk, Canada. I am just starting a mini Triathlon training program - the local Triathlon club and the YWCA are the sponsors and it is "staffed" by a bunch of wonderful volunteers - it is called JUST-Tri It. This is my major plan for loosing weight [at least 75 lbs] and getting in shape by finding an active lifestyle. I've read lots of posts on this forum and thought that I would become a member so that I could ask questions.

I'm 41 and currently on Active Duty in the U.S. Navy stationed in Norfolk, Virginia...I shovel paperwork and prepare useless powerpoint presentations:D . Anyway, I'm lucky enough to be stationed in my home town!!!

im nick and i skate bike blade talk on the computer play my ps2 chill eat swim surf.i think i do a little bit of everything

I'm 20 year old college boy. Played soccer, basketball and baseball in high school and I miss competing so I came to this world. It's alot harder than I thought :D

Now I'm suffering from overtraining, but I'll be back after this week. Can't wait...

Originally posted by boar98
i'm a cycling fan,both riding wise and reading wise.i have a scott mountain bike and plan to purchase a road bike.i'm 34 and i go to the gym regularly.i've been riding road bicycles since age 12.there's a nishiki road bicycle at ****'s sporting goods in middletown ny for $499(regularly priced at $649.99.are nishiki's good bicycles?i've also considered buying one at a bike shop or even second hand.what do you's suggest?

I got my 2nd bike about 3 months ago. It's cannondale caad4 frame with shimano DA and I only paid $850. It's about 3 years old but its in awesome shape. I got lucky with it. :-D
How about used bike? Have you ever thought about that? EBAY EBAY EBAY or roadbikereview.com <-- this is actually where I got my bike from.

Talk to your LBS and test ride it. Find out what you need to know from them and you still can get your bike off of internet.. which is alot cheaper. Thats just my thought!

Have a nice day!

Running gripe NOT cycling! Distance given for this year's Comrades on your website is incorrect. My number 082-557-5552
Pls tell Colin. Thanx and Regards Andy McKissock
(Comrades Double Green number 4840)

I am in Camarillo, CA which is souther Califonia north of LA about 50 miles. I am an aircraft mechanic in the United States Navy.

- from Brasov, ROMANIA
... temporarily working in US (Detroit, MI) - automotive engineer

- started doing triathlons last fall
- did my first road race last saturday
- spinning/riding 3-4 times a week (besides the swim/run training)

I'm a flight paramedic in Tucson, AZ. I ride roadie only, do a couple of centuries a year, and alot of benefit rides.

I'm from Canada, enjoy road cycling more than Mountain biking. Glad to come across this forum and hopefully learn some things from this community. I'm a Technical analyst for a Large computer services company.

I am from South Carolina, currently living in Tijauna Mexico. I cycle to school in San Diego Monday thru Thursday. My friends and neighbors in Tijauna say I am absolutely out of my mind to ride a bike on the streets of TJ. My commute is 36 miles round trip. I make it out of necessity. I have no car (it died), no money (i'm an overtime fulltime student), and I hate public transportation in TJ. Those guys can't drive. They scare me. So I take my life into my own hands 8 times per week and make a 13 mile run either to or from the San Ysidro border. Then I have a little 5 mile run to the school after I get off the Trolley at Old Town. No big deal. I've lost 60 pounds in the last year and a half as a result of all my cycling. I've grown to love cycling so much I decided to join a forum. I'll never go back to the car again, except to haul my kids around. I really would love to hear from some San Diego cyclers. I am short on friends to ride with. I like Mission Trails but prefer road runs. I don't have a real good bike for serious mountain biking. Love to meet new people and ride.

Originally posted by Stiff Upper Lip
I kind of find that personalities in cycling are very competitive and independent. The sense of community arises from the shared interest in the 'gear(s)' and the fact that we are all trying to avoid being run over by a car.

I have to disagree with you. How then explain the number of groups and clubs that are formed just for the sheer pleasure of being together with people that share the same interest. My group rides are fast and fun with everyone working together to get the most out of it.

I'm 34 years old and from Wiltshire, England. Currently work in Swindon, Worcester and Leeds as a "Business Analyst".

Due to work/travel/hotel commitments I don't get out much during the week so I try and make up for it at the weekends.

I have a custom made road bike from Argos Racing Cycles - excellent frame builders based in Bristol, not the high street store as all non-cyclists tend to imagine - I ride a 26.5 inch frame on account of being very tall.

Have been riding regularly for 4 years, still looking to improve my hill climbing!

Fellow Brit here - come to Colorado Springs and ride our hills .. I have a friend who I ride with - he is a giant as well - cheeky bugger always looks at my lil bike and asks "is that a real bike?" .. happy riding!

I JUST STARTED TO CYCLE TO TRY AND LOSE SOME AND MANAGE MY HEALTH MORE IT IS REALLY HELPING ME TO.

Just started road riding and am looking into racing at some point soon. I race mountain bikes and have followed the pro Peloton for 15 years now. I just ordered my new bike on Sunday. Looking forward to getting out on the road soon.

Jason Ford
Scottsdale AZ (formerly Boulder Colorado)

Hello, i'm kinda new to cycling, I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out with some pointers and such....

I do have some knowledge however, I have raced one season of College racing.

Hey everyone, I'm Peter, I'm from Grand Rapids MI, USA

I'm a student, I don't do any racing yet, mainly because I don't have a suitable bike yet, all i have is my dad's really old steel framed beast to train on.