Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi,

Thought I'd post here before I ask my question. :)

From BC... haven't done much mountain biking in a while... commuting with a road bike. Training for first triathlon, and in the midst of concocting a bike for racing.

My name is René, I´m from Costa Rica, I have a nice bike but I was a little bit lazy. What do you recommend me to start from O.

7-10 years ago I bought a Proflex 'Attack' mountain bike. Recently the rubber (elastomer?) cushion that cushions shock from the rear wheel disintegrated. Does anyone have any idea where I could get a replacement?

It seems that Proflex is out of business and no longer has a web site. Basically I need a rubber spacer that is a couple of inches in diameter and a couple inches long, with a half-inch diameter hole down the center of it.

Richard Clark -- [email protected]

Im Andy from the uk. I ride 13 miles every day to and from work, and extend this twice a week by around 2 hours depending on how much offroad i put into it. Theres quite a lot of good trails round my house so its easy to have a quick blast. Apart from shouting at commuting car drivers i also climb quite a bit (usdually weekends)

Hi! I'm new here. I'll be relocating to Kobe, Japan by mid-July'04, and I wish to know if there is a triathlon club in Kobe or near cities. I also wish to know where most triathletes train their swim-bike-run, and if there are sprint or olympic distance triathlon races within the year. I'd appreciate any advise or info. Thanks!

Hi there -- New to the forum. Born and raised in the rain-soaked Pacific Northwest. I work in the Telecommunications industry, ride less than I would like to, have a wonderful family, and rebuild bikes for underprivileged kids. Check out my website sometime linked from my profile.

I'm from Hannover, Germany and an international relations and european studies student. I am riding to University, to buy groceries, when I go out ... because I am an environmentalist. Glad to have so many, many km of bicycling paths in this city (hannover has just been rated to be the most bike-friendly city in germany!).
greatest respect to all of you that are riding at least one hour or more a day... I don't think that I will ever have the discipline to do so.

I'm from Hannover, Germany and an international relations and european studies student. I am riding to University, to buy groceries, when I go out ... because I am an environmentalist. Glad to have so many, many km of bicycling paths in this city (hannover has just been rated to be the most bike-friendly city in germany!).
greatest respect to all of you that are riding at least one hour or more a day... I don't think that I will ever have the discipline to do so.

I am a Triathlete living Sicily for the moment. I am training for my first ironman right now. which is Ironman france. I do all my bike rides here in Sicily which is Beutifull. Italians are very respectfull twords bikers here. I just started riding in January. I have an Orbea Tri frame its the same as the lobular zacchs just with different Geometry.

Hi, I'm from London, England cycle 11m to work every day and am a technical director for an audio company and music retail store. Don't get much chance for recreational stuff on the bike so try to 'integrate' it into work as much as possible, though deilvering Mac computers & mixing consoles by bike often prooves to be a challenge!

hi im in the wonderfull land of the britons
and im not new to riding just new to road bikes .
I work in a boat yard and am trying to build a nice
bike . i have a raleigh aveo, with a few extras. i ride to work daily(8 miles)and ride at the weekend.

Hello folks, I am from Italy, Varese province, I race MTB, train on fixed-gear and single-speed, I am 42 and I have 2 kids racing MTB too. Our personal trainer during MTB is a lady dog named Maggie who is running while we ride cross country.
Ciao

hi,

im alan from shannon, co. clare, ireland. im a storesman and im just getting back into cycling properly for the first time in 15 years because of injury. in case you're wondering just what kind of injury kept me out for so long, have a look at my thread "worst crash" in both this forum and the cycling equipment forum.

Right I'm residing in the UK and have been cycling for 8 years, I had a few months break in this time but then I got fat so the bike had to be ridden yet again plus I missed the endorp rushes also!! I work in boring office type jobs so live for the cycling! :D

Originally posted by C leon corder
Retired started riding for exercise after bypass. Riding about three miles per day any suggestions

I would suggest that you either try to lengthen your ride or try to do it faster. Three miles per day is a very humble start but if you are doing it every day, it can't be anything but good for your heart.
If you start to enjoy riding, it is no longer "work" and perhaps a short TOUR is in the future?

Congradulations on getting started & keep it up.........byfred

Hi, I'm an Aussie living in Belgium. Cycling mostly for pleasure at the moment, but will be cycling for transport when I return to Aus at the end of the year. Currently studying towards my MA in American Studies.

Nice to be here! Thanks to Etxy for pointing me in the right direction ;)

Hey all,

New guy here. Just started rideing again after not for some time. I ride a stationary on the weekday mornings before work and ride Saturday and Sunday. I do 30-50 miles each. Hope to increase with time.

Originally posted by ElGringoLoco
I am from South Carolina, currently living in Tijauna Mexico. I cycle to school in San Diego Monday thru Thursday. My friends and neighbors in Tijauna say I am absolutely out of my mind to ride a bike on the streets of TJ. My commute is 36 miles round trip. I make it out of necessity. I have no car (it died), no money (i'm an overtime fulltime student), and I hate public transportation in TJ. Those guys can't drive. They scare me. So I take my life into my own hands 8 times per week and make a 13 mile run either to or from the San Ysidro border. Then I have a little 5 mile run to the school after I get off the Trolley at Old Town. No big deal. I've lost 60 pounds in the last year and a half as a result of all my cycling. I've grown to love cycling so much I decided to join a forum. I'll never go back to the car again, except to haul my kids around. I really would love to hear from some San Diego cyclers. I am short on friends to ride with. I like Mission Trails but prefer road runs. I don't have a real good bike for serious mountain biking. Love to meet new people and ride.

That's crazy man. I'm originally from Charleston, South Carolina. Now I find myself out here near LA, :( Whish I was further south, I'd ride with you, howd you end up in Tijuana?