Where are you from,what do you do?

Greetings, fellow earthl.... I mean, Cyclists! :)

I am a Recreational Road Cyclist, and Commuter by Bike, who lives in Southern California.

I am a weblogger, with what I believe is a blog with one of the most unique, and still growing, collections of links in the Bloggerverse.

My Blog is called THE CYCLING DUDE. :)

It's purpose is best summed up this way:

"Do U Bicycle?
Dedicated to the propostion that bike riding is good for you and fun. Commentary, events, links, news, opinion, reviews, stories, travelogue. An ordinary road cyclist spreads the word and the word is BICYCLE!"

I ride my bike 20 to 70 miles, on journies of exploration of the places where I live, and also ride to and from work.

I am a single, white male, age 44, who likes to read, and to write, and am a film buff as well.

I'm in Arizona and fix airplanes for a living and if it weren't for the heavy traffic I'd be riding to work, so I ride afterwards and on weekends. It's hot out here but it's a dry heat. (not as hot as Phoenix) :D

Originally posted by scorpio12
how do i get in to cycling? pls any tips?

Very carefully....:D

Seriously...

For your own personal recreation, and commuting just buy the best bike you cn afford, and get out and ride.

For racing I don't have a clue. :)

Hello folks, I'm Chris from Vancouver BC

I've made a choice to make my bike my primary source of transport . I'm just a beginner and I'm hoping to learn much here.

I ride a Kuwahara Eclipse which I'm hoping to trade up before the end of summer.

Life is good.

Chris

My name is Angie. I am in Houston, Texas. I am 27 and just starting to get back in shape. Recently purchased a Game Bike that will be here Friday! I also do alot of mountain biking.

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

Hello Melbourne, South Africa, Phillipines, et al; i work in a factory from Northern California and ride to relieve stress. I do double centuries and criteriums throughout the summer, and wind sprints to stay in shape during the winter. My wife is pregnant, so I put in a lot more miles these days. Any body remember Tommy Simpson or Eddy Mercz?

Hi Guys,

Im from Philippines. I've been into mountain biking since 2002. I want to upgrade my frame. any suggestions? Im 6 feet, 220 lbs.

my friends suggests that i used GIANT AC.. any comments?

I'm from Germiston, South Africa, and recently (3 months ago) started cycling on a borrowed Hybrid to get exercise and assist in recuperation after a very bad motor-vehicle-accident (MVA) 6 years ago that smashed my legs. (I know, why wait so long...???)

I try to ride at least 35 minutes 5 times a week, and in amongst that I have at least 2 1-hour-plus rides...

I've just placed an order for my first mountain-bike, and will be taking delivery in 2 weeks. Can't wait...

I'm a computer professional, married with 2 children, and also a professional saxophonist and singer.

I'm NOT looking forward to the Highveld winter, so I figure I'll be doing some spinning classes at the local gym during the next few months.... :-Þ

Hey everyone. I'm new to this type of thing. And I just realized that, after reading several postings, not alot of folks from the states in here.

My day job is Law Enforcement. I just recently got the job of starting a Bike Patrol for our department here in Arkansas. My big question is how do I go about setting up a training schedule for the guys that volunteer. We've got a pretty intensive training school coming up in about 3 months that I think we really need to prepare for in advance. Most, if not all, of us are fitness nuts, but more along the lines of weight lifting. If we can't chase it down within 400 m it gets a warrant. If anyone has suggestions on a good regiment to start with (that won't kill us), I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

PS> It's easier to reach me on my e-mail at [email protected].

Originally posted by StuartSRO
Hey everyone. I'm new to this type of thing. And I just realized that, after reading several postings, not alot of folks from the states in here.

My day job is Law Enforcement. I just recently got the job of starting a Bike Patrol for our department here in Arkansas. My big question is how do I go about setting up a training schedule for the guys that volunteer. We've got a pretty intensive training school coming up in about 3 months that I think we really need to prepare for in advance. Most, if not all, of us are fitness nuts, but more along the lines of weight lifting. If we can't chase it down within 400 m it gets a warrant. If anyone has suggestions on a good regiment to start with (that won't kill us), I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

PS> It's easier to reach me on my e-mail at [email protected].

Dear Constable "All ears"

I'm here, I'm here in Colorado .. :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmm being chased down by a bunch of weight lifting bobbies ehh!? There are a lot of really good threads on this site for training from professionals and non professionals. I know a lot of gym folks hate to do cardio; but, that is probably a good place to start along with the weights. I used to run a lot and when I started biking .. I thought .. in my infinite wisdom "oh, noooooooooo problem" .. wrong! My lil running legs didn't know this strange action .. I had to hit the books. I had to change my weight workouts for bike specific weight training .. new concept here for me. I decided that I needed to bike, bike and bike some more if I wanted to be good at it - still working on that!

Let us all know the progress!

I am from pennsyvania,USA and just recovering from an unicompartmental partial knee replacement. My doctor strongly recommended a recumbent mtn. bike. Looking for input and advice regarding various bikes.
Fringe-Namaste

I'm from Jacksonville Florida - The land of sun & fun. I'm a committed roadie. My goals are to ride 70-100 miles per week for fitness and fun and to drive my wife crazy because I NEED the latest cool cycling gizmo and to spend all the money I can maintaining my 3 road bikes.

Hi, I'm from the Uk and my name's Jamie. I do endurance work mainly, on a black and yellow Ribble that got saved from being scrapped. I'm thinking of competing in some races, too.

I am a lawyer with offices in Curitiba, Brasil. 42 years old and a solid background in rowing. Have been riding (in a more technical way) only for the past 2 years.

My favourite ride is a road bike, ocasionally I take a MTB for leisure rides.

Should anyone need info about Brazilian rides, just let me know.

Hi, hope this works......I'm Maria, getting back to cycling ROAD style, and starting in therapy on the mtn bike. My road bikes not even back to town here in Phoenix AZ. I'm not big on off-road, anyone know some real nice simple flat (baby) trails I can start on? I know the Greenbelt in Sctsdl, used to do that one on lazy days when I lived nearby. I'm in Ahwatukee, S. of S.Mtn but anywhere in the valley is cool. Just the closer the better, easier to use regularly. Buying a new mtn bike and ditching my REI dinosaur from 92 lol! any thoughts on Motobecane? Thanx All!! happy trails :)

Hi guys

I am from San Diego (originally from Trinidad and Tobago) Now starting to get into the cycling scene. I need to buy a road bike but have no clue as to what size bike I should get. Can any of you guys give me an idea as to what I have to do to buy one (i am 6ft 1 inch tall)

Hi all! I came across this forum while searching for something else. Decided to join after spending the last couple of hours perusing. Seems like a fantastic cross-section of folks here.

Enough about you......about me.....I just turned the ripe old age of 48. After not riding for the last 4 years, I decided to get back on the road. Just bought a new Giant TCR. Used to ride a couple hundred miles a week, but it kinda got lost in the shuffle when I got married. Well the wife's gone and I'm going to get back at it (I blame it all on her). I currently live in Tukwila, WA, a suburb of Seattle. I am a professional firefighter which gives me lots of time to ride. I look forward to gleaning tons of information and entertainment from this site.

Originally posted by tcr2bike
Hi, hope this works......I'm Maria, getting back to cycling ROAD style, and starting in therapy on the mtn bike. My road bikes not even back to town here in Phoenix AZ. I'm not big on off-road, anyone know some real nice simple flat (baby) trails I can start on? I know the Greenbelt in Sctsdl, used to do that one on lazy days when I lived nearby. I'm in Ahwatukee, S. of S.Mtn but anywhere in the valley is cool. Just the closer the better, easier to use regularly. Buying a new mtn bike and ditching my REI dinosaur from 92 lol! any thoughts on Motobecane? Thanx All!! happy trails :)
Try this web site and find where and when to ride with other folks. http://www.sprotsfun.com/gaba This right in your backyard!