Where are you from,what do you do?

Hey everyone I'm new to this Forum,

been biking for quite awhile not but nothing related to distance or speed just to cruze did some commuting to school. just put my Trek 930 into storage and just picked up a Specalized Allez sport. I'm 24 and a recent Graduate with a Mechanical Engineering degree. One of my new co workers is a fairly avid cyclist and got me into the road crowd.
I'm in training to do GRABAAWR this summer.

I live in Milwaukee WI and I'm always looking to meet new people to go riding with in the area. I am looking for someone who can push me a bit more than my current riding partner at work.

I'm also into classic cars and am a member at www.v8buick.com.

Originally posted by StuartSRO
Hey everyone. I'm new to this type of thing. And I just realized that, after reading several postings, not alot of folks from the states in here.

There is a good book that might help you and your partners. The title is "The Lance Armstrong performance program." The subtitle is 7 weeks to the perfect ride. The book starts off with basic information and works it's way up to advanced. The book includes training programs, eating plans and so forth. It is a good training guide for all levels of cycling. Give it a try I'm sure it will help you out.:D

Hi bikers! I am Raj, 29, from Sunnyvale, California. I bought a bike (Giant OCR1) last week and rode 10 miles in the weekend. It felt good after the ride and hope that I'll be able to train well for the upcoming triathlon (half-ironman) in September.

Oh! I work as a software engineer for a networking company in San Jose.

Raj 13,
There are some questions I have for you: If you are going to train for an iron man (half or whole) Did you use a fit kit for your bike. Also, there is a great book out by Lance Armstrong and Chris Carmichael called 7 weeks to the perfect ride. In the book you will find information for the beginer to the expert. It contains training, strengthening, and eating plans for your level of fitness.

I live in El Dorado Hills Ca. There are alot of good riding areas here. Since you live in the Bay area, you have so many options availible to you. The flats to mountains are all around you. Any way check out that book it's loaded with good info, good luck.:D

29 year old Graphic Designer from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Try to ride a couple times a week anywhere along the Wasatch Range.
. . .Just one wife (incase some of you were wondering).

Originally posted by Jonny545
29 year old Graphic Designer from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Try to ride a couple times a week anywhere along the Wasatch Range.
. . .Just one wife (incase some of you were wondering).

:D Is that one wife NOW, or one wife EVER?????

hehehe

Hi, I am from Jakarta, Indonesia. I ride my bike everyday to go to the Plant (making Sanitary napkin, I serve for all women!), about 25 km. This is the best way to avoid being late, Always... always... always... traffic Jam in this Country. ...I wanna ride my bicycle, I wanna ride my bike......

I'm 36 and originaly from Romania but i've been living in Canada for the past 15.5 years,my woman is 13 years younger than me and Dutch.... ,i work for the City.

im 22 and im from sydney, australia, planning to move to sunny Queensland at the end of the year, to continue studying, im doing a bachelors degree in science and another in accounting, and have another 2 yrs to go.

Graphic designer, 34 from Providence, RI. Like most of us I bet, wish I could bike even more than I do. ; )

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

That a hint to post practice stuff? :) Training.. well, I'm not riding competitively. Never have, but would like to. Maybe next year.

Rides for the summer here have been something like 200-240 miles a week. Varies a bit.

Weekend is a 56-112mi ride on the coast (sort of flat, but windy) one day. This is an even tempo ride where I simply try to match or up the avg cadence each time. The other day is around 40-60mi in the hills. I take them as hard as I can, in whatever gear I can, as I dont always get to go out to this route during the week. Depends in part on the previous day though.

Weekdays are then 3-4 28-milers or so. Coast again usually. One is typically an easy spin; one's cranking something fairly large; another is a moderate spin with 5 miles of all-out effort tacked on the end of it. Days off are often Fridays and Mondays due to the weekend rides, but everything varies due to life stuff. :)

I should be doing intervals. Need an HRM. :p

From Michigan, United States
Road/MTB Just for fun only in my first year
Job is Car mechanic(transmission rebuilder)

I'm from Washington State and I've been into cycling for about twenty years.I haven't ridden in a few years but I'm just getting started again. I use to race in the late 80's and am thinking about getting back to racing, masters this time though. I am also a bicycle collector and have about 30 bikes. I'm a proffesional auto restorer and do bike resto on the side

Hey Folks:

I'm a newspaper graphic artist from Fort Myers, Florida. I ride pretty much every day I can. I have a 12-mile commute to work that takes a bit under an hour (lot's of traffic signals). I'm in the market for a speedier bike than my current 1988 Specialized Hardrock. It's been a great bike for many years, but am interested in something with an aluminum frame and a bit more speed. I'm very interested in two relatively inexpensive options: The Specialized Sirrus (entry-level model), and the Fuji Sagres. Do you have any other suggestions? I intend to keep it and ride it for many years.

Take it easy.

My husband and I are in our early 50's from South California and love to ride just about anywhere. We are fairly new to the tandem world and have just officially become "a team", logging just over 1000 on our Comotion we purchased in November. My husband is very patient with me, knowing that I am not a "speedster" when it comes to bicycling, more the beach cruiser type. We really enjoy it though and would love to hear from other couples who enjoy their tandem.

hey, I'm from dallas (Oak Cliff area). I mostly ride for fun cause I'm not sure abt training and all that. Does anyone know of any good bike trails in the Oak cliff area?