Where are you from,what do you do?

I'm from Georgia (US) originally, but have lived in several states, currently in south TX. I'm in the Navy, but find time to train. I find training very satisfying; to be able to control something gives people a sense of comfort. I'm an aspiring exercise physiologist. Maybe someday I'll contribute some brilliant findings to the field, but for now, I'm satisfied to read all the already-published stuff and just have a good time. I just ran across this site. It's pretty cool, with all the interaction: some friendly (although some is not...)

I'm from Costa Rica, Central America. I don't race I just ride the bike for fun and a little fitness. I ride less than an hour a couple of times on weekdays, basically an uphill climb of 4 k. On weekends I do rides of about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

I'm from Austin, TX.; Home of Lance Armstrong. I am a banker by trade, a rider by choice, and a lover of ladies by dedsign.

I'm relatively new to riding. I moved to Mesa, Arizona from Great Falls, Montana three years ago and we only brought my wife's car with us. I bought a Motobecane Jubilee Trail to commute to the closest bus stop (5.6 miles). The first couple of weeks I didn't think I'd make it sometimes. Things got easier. I started riding all the way to work (20 miles) a couple of times a week. I bought a road bike in April of this year and now ride in every day. I'll start riding home, too, when the weather cools off (around October). I love riding. I do 2-3 hours every Saturday morning and am trying to get a group together to join me. Oh, and I just turned 49 in May. Ain't life great!

Kelly

I'm from Macon, GA. Been riding off and on for approximately 12 years (mostly "off" recently, but am getting back into again). I'm a former Chemist turned IT Manager...go figure.

I'm from Northeast Pennsylvania, USA. I'm a 13 year old male and I'm starting to train to compete in youth road biking races in my area. I've been a serious biker for about 2 years now, but I haven't been biking in any competitions. I hope to do the Tour de France once in my life.

Newbie:
I’m a fella livin’ in Melbourne Australia. Work in one of the big buildings there in the comms industry. Mid 30s, no kids, fancy free etc.
Into motorbikes too (street, track days).
Riding since I could walk. First bike: Metallic green dragster 1975. 1980’s went to department store 10speed Roadmaster. 1989 first MTB – Apollo Everest. Current bike: Avanti Aggressor MTB 2003 (no knobbies, commute).
Ride to work just about everyday – 19kms round trip (short way). Done the ‘Bay ride’ 5 times since 1996 on the MTB. Do most bike trails around Melb & surrounds when at a loose end. Dodge the roadbike boys St Kilda to Franger when I wet the bed. Haven’t done any real hardcore MTB yet, but dabbled in some single track up in the hills.
Got an eye to convert my old Apollo Everest into a single speeder for the commute, will post pix & details when successful. Hence the ‘SS’ in my username, maybe abit premature… see how we go…..

i'm from cebu, philippines, working as a senior telecoms engineer and have been a roadie since 1982 when i got my first 10-speed after more than a year of saving money from my shool allowance

I'm new! I live in beautiful Vancouver, Canada. I rejoined the cycling community recently when I decided to train for duathlons and commute to work 50% of the time (the rest being on public transit).

I've been a lurker here for a while because I love reading the repair advice discussions before I tinker with my bike. My ride is a 10yr old mtn bike that now has slick tires that are tiding me over until I can afford to buy a road bike.

About me... I am a runner who's just completed his first marathon and decided that duathlons are the next step while continuting to run half marathons on the side. I'm also a group leader for 1/2 marathon run clinics which is tons of fun. I'm an engineer that works in the area of power distribution and I'm thinking of going back to school to shift my career towards the medical field.

Newbie here, I recently started riding again after a few years and I'm looking forward to racing some Criterias.
I'm in San Diego, Ca. Home of...great weather and some of the worst pro teams in the states. Woop-de-doo!
ben

My wife and I are both pretty new to riding (I rode a lot as a kid - we're in our mid-30s now). We're both members of the USAF of the West, in San Antonio, Tx.

Hello! I am looking for information on a cannondale t400 touring bicycle? Does anyone know anything about them?

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I'm from Gothenburg, Sweden
I do MTB crosscountry, this summer (yeah! we have summer now, in june! the world's fantastic :p), Ill try to train for a couple of ours every second days.
This autumn I'm goin to begin at high school (whatever you call it, school for 16 to 18 year-old people).

:) Hi, for most of you I am a couple of thousand miles away: the Netherlands in good old Europe. I ride for fun, staying in shape and keep my back from giving problems. When it goes up, that is where I come in, pushing against the wind is not for me. I am 55 and the most fascinating climb is the Mont Ventoux, I did it four times by now.

North Vancouver, BC., Canada here. Not riding presently as I am healing my broken neck. Yeah, that's right. Broke it skiing. Usually ride to the shop every day, that's about a 10km round trip. I am a machinist, and I have my own shop with my business partner. We do bike parts and high tech stuff. Have been a bike mechanic in North Van and in Whistler for years on and off between machining. Also usually ride more like 20 or 30 kms each day, off road, as I rarely ride straight home. Ride a hardtail with a 5" fork and big wheels. Not into freeriding (believe it), more "all mountain" and epic 10 hour rides to the alpine. Have been mtn biking since the early 80's. BMXing prior to that.

I'm an auto mechanic (and would rather be tinkering with my bike). I commute at least 2 times a week and ride 20-30 miles one day after work. Sundays I ride anywhere from 30-130 miles (all this is road biking). I do some weights and stairs to cross train--and it really helps. I will be doing 206 miles on July 17---STP (Seattle to Portland)-- it's a great ride!! If I go more than 3 days without a ride, I great very irritable!!

Also ride a fixed gear as a commuter/ short rider. 42x17

Peace

Cam

I'm from NZ, have just arrived in the UK. Have done some cycling touring back home and am wanting to cycle round Ireland, has anyone done it? I'm wanting some advice.....

Hi, I am from Denver, Co. Right now Im am stationed in Hanau, Germany with the Army. I just started bike riding seriously because i hurt my knee in Iraq and I can no longer ride my skateboard. I just bought an HM mountain bike and I ride to work in the mornings about 10 km. I also ride at night and on the weekends. I would love any kind of tips or maintanance suggestions anyone might have.

I'm a senior technician in a DNA research lab in St. Louis. Just got back into riding cuz I found a bike that fits me. (I'm 6'11"). Not a great fit, but do-able.

I am going to start commuting a couple times a week and I have started communting to my second job about 3 miles down the road.

I'm 32, married, with a wife in pharmacy school. 3 years and then I get a custom made bike!

Just love the way the world looks and sounds on a bike. Hope to hit my first mountain trail soon.