Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
:)
We ride 10 to 15 miles a day when we can on and off road. I have a SC 400 and an M80

I live in the West Indies. Trinidad and I work in Antigua. We have two seasons, wet and dry.

Hey everyone, I'm knew. I'm a soph in college and I've been riding mountain bikes since the beginning of time and recently I have purchased a road bike. I look forward to participating in this forum

Hi everyone. I've been meaning to find a cycling forum for some time, and after looking around on google, I think this is the one.

I've been a roadie for around 23 years, and a mtb rider for around 10. The 23 doesn't count my bikes as a kid, of course, only from when I got my first "serious" road bike.

I live in Maryland. Nice meeting everyone!

Any idea how I can get in touch with carbon fork dealer. Competitive rates, please! Qt...'round 10 pc...Thanks

Monterrey is a huge-business type city with the typical disadvantages of the big cities: working hours and car traffic are time consuming so I feel fortunate to have time to do what I like the best: MTBiking

Monterrey, in spite of it disadvantages, is surronded by great mountains. I do 3 sesions on week-days of two hours each (aprox.) and one "fun" sesion on Sunday, usually, I spend all morning climbing the "Sierra Madre".

GERARDO
México

As my husband (jon packard) said, we are both in the USAF Band of the West. I was riding a little and running as well but have now become obsessed. If I'm not riding I'm thinking about riding. Unfortunately, the weather here in San Antonio sometimes feels hot enough to melt your tires so we have to be careful about when we ride. Glad to meet everyone.

It is great to found in this forum someone so near Monterrey, we are just a 4 hours drive.

I know San Antonio has great stores for MTB and road bikes. I would like to shop there some time.

Im from South Wales Uk, enjoy cycling but getting to old to start racing ie. 40 Ride about 1 hour a day on sundays 50 miles but love every minute of cycling when i get the chance

i didnt read all 69 pages but im from AUSTIN,TEXAS.i ride a 2003 redline monocog.SINGLESPEED FO LIFE!.78704.

I'm Liz and I'm brand new to Cycling. I have a Diamondback Outlook '04. I read a few times a week around my neighborhood- about 4 or 5 miles. And I ride with a group once a week about 15 miles.

I'm from Indiana- in an area just NE of Indianapolis. I'm a purchasing agent for a personal protective equipment manufacturer (most folks recognize our earplugs- the yellow foam ones).

I don't know any of the lingo and know nothing about cycling but have been enjoying it so far. When I bought my bike, I also got a camelbak, a new helmet, a new pump, a computer (which isn't working right yet), and a gel seat. I'm considering getting gloves for my longer rides.

Liz,
I had problems on long rides with my hands hurting. I was wearing weight lifting gloves because it's all I had. I got a pair of gel gloves at a cycling shop and they have made a huge difference.

Anyone out there interest in a patent pending rear drive thats
been tested on a road bike and found to be more stable than
the conventional rear drive in use on bikes. Looking for a
partner.

Originally posted by LizC
I'm Liz and I'm brand new to Cycling. I have a Diamondback Outlook '04. I read a few times a week around my neighborhood- about 4 or 5 miles. And I ride with a group once a week about 15 miles.

I'm from Indiana- in an area just NE of Indianapolis. I'm a purchasing agent for a personal protective equipment manufacturer (most folks recognize our earplugs- the yellow foam ones).

I don't know any of the lingo and know nothing about cycling but have been enjoying it so far. When I bought my bike, I also got a camelbak, a new helmet, a new pump, a computer (which isn't working right yet), and a gel seat. I'm considering getting gloves for my longer rides.

Hi Liz:
Riding with that group is a VERY good start..........check and ask about the shoes that they are using. I think your feet are very important as you begin to lengthen your rides.
Also, work on your "cadence". By that, I mean try and use gears that make your feet go "faster" rather than "slower". When you see a good cyclist coming towards you on a road, their knees are going up and down like "Pistons", while young, inexperienced riders seem to always be pushing too hard and coasting more than peddling.
As a "new" rider, if you could get to where you feel comfortable at around 60-70 strokes per minute, with a continuous peddling action, you would have made great strides into becoming a CYCLIST.
Get into riding with that little group, that you feel comfortable with, and don't be afraid to ask questions..................

Best Wishes & Happy Safe Cycling..........byfred

Originally posted by LizC

Hi Liz:
Riding with that group is a VERY good start..........check and ask about the shoes that they are using. I think your feet are very important as you begin to lengthen your rides.
Also, work on your "cadence". By that, I mean try and use gears that make your feet go "faster" rather than "slower". When you see a good cyclist coming towards you on a road, their knees are going up and down like "Pistons", while young, inexperienced riders seem to always be pushing too hard and coasting more than peddling.
As a "new" rider, if you could get to where you feel comfortable at around 60-70 strokes per minute, with a continuous peddling action, you would have made great strides into becoming a CYCLIST.
Get into riding with that little group, that you feel comfortable with, and don't be afraid to ask questions..................

Best Wishes & Happy Safe Cycling..........byfred