Where are you from,what do you do?

Hey all,

Im from London UK originally, but now am married and living in Totonto Canada. Been riding all of my life, but neer seriously, was always more involved in competitive sprots like rugby basketball volleyball, but here i find myself in the right place to do it.

Bought an average hard tail mountain bike which i intend to slowly upgrade as and when i have the money, and i am hunting out better and better trails to test myself, and improve my skill.

My wife cycles with me as often as she wishes, but wont do anything too challenging yet.

Great to be a member, this is a very useful place.

cya

:p

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

Hi,

Victorian here. Like to think I cycle, but keep getting hit by cars or falling off. One day I'm going to have those training wheels removed, because I really think they hinder my speed.

Kerry

Hello Dear friends

I would like to start some comunication with people that are intrested in Bio-Fluidmechanics.

Hello,

Newbie here from SF Bay Area in Caly. I've been off and on (and off) riding for about 15 years. Did some racing in the early nineties. Then I started to get a tap on the shoulder from those other commitments that now wanted attention. You know, finish college, get married, get a job, and have a baby. Well, I finally succumbed to all of those and parked the bike. Now that the dust has somewhat settled, I can finally ride again.

I worked for a few dot-coms that have all since bit the dust. Now I'm babysitter to my 7-month-old daughter while my wife brings home all the money.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to posting with y'all.

Cheers,
mike

Originally posted by Cyclism
Hello,

Newbie here from SF Bay Area in Caly. I've been off and on (and off) riding for about 15 years. Did some racing in the early nineties. Then I started to get a tap on the shoulder from those other commitments that now wanted attention. You know, finish college, get married, get a job, and have a baby. Well, I finally succumbed to all of those and parked the bike. Now that the dust has somewhat settled, I can finally ride again.

I worked for a few dot-coms that have all since bit the dust. Now I'm babysitter to my 7-month-old daughter while my wife brings home all the money.

Cheers,
mike

Hi Mike
Good for you for making sacrifices - very difficult to do when you have a passion.

As for looking after your daughter - is she considered too young to get on a bike? Start them young, that's what I think.

Start a business from home, become a bike mechanic?????? I know I could use a good one at the moment.

Seeya

Kerry

hi i am brad from n/ ireland is anyone from uk able to tell me the proper way to put dry chain lube on i am useing weldtite on a brand new mountain bike thanx brad

Hi, im from Las Vegas, Nevada I just cycle for fun over the weekends for 4 hours every ride with an organized group of friends for fun. Then have a small race every month.

Hi, im from Las Vegas, Nevada I just cycle for fun over the weekends for 4 hours every ride with an organized group of friends for fun. Then have a small race every month.

Originally posted by Cyclism
Hello,

Cheers,
mike

Hi there Mike

Nice to hear from you though.

I am the exact same boat, I think my bike got a huge shock when I got on it after years. Well, training thus far is going ok but I still need some training programs.. Can you maybe help?

Chow !

Originally posted by FAREED NOORALLA
WE ARE A TRADING COMPANY AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR SAME BUSSNISS TO DO WITH OVRESES COMPANYS
THANKING YOU
FAREED

Hi there Fareed

Can you please advise how I can help you, cycling wize.

Thanks

Did I mention I am from Victoria (Australia). That would be the place that produces magnificent cyclists. In fact, I think Lance Armstrong was born here! So was Jan Ullrich for that matter.

Mayo is originally from Tasmania, and Hamilton is from over the West. See, we breed them all.

Ta ta

Kerry

Originally posted by Saltbush
Did I mention I am from Victoria (Australia). That would be the place that produces magnificent cyclists. In fact, I think Lance Armstrong was born here! So was Jan Ullrich for that matter.

Mayo is originally from Tasmania, and Hamilton is from over the West. See, we breed them all.

Ta ta

Kerry

Hi ther Kerry

What a wonderful place

Chow

I'm from Minneapolis, MN. Used to ride off-road quite a bit but I'm tired of that and now taking up road riding. Health, fitness, and a sports obsession are my main goals/reasons. College student who is saving up for a "real" road bike.

Originally posted by Saltbush
Hi Mike
Good for you for making sacrifices - very difficult to do when you have a passion.

As for looking after your daughter - is she considered too young to get on a bike? Start them young, that's what I think.

Start a business from home, become a bike mechanic?????? I know I could use a good one at the moment.

Seeya

Kerry

So you need a mechanic? Where do you live? If you pay for my travel to make a house call....:D

I've got some freelance work that keeps me busy when my daughter allows me some free time during the day.

A mechanic business sounds good though. I have a few friends that need work done on their bikes. I can start that way, maybe. Something to think about.

Originally posted by Diesel112
Hi there Mike

Nice to hear from you though.

I am the exact same boat, I think my bike got a huge shock when I got on it after years. Well, training thus far is going ok but I still need some training programs.. Can you maybe help?

Chow !

Hello Diesel,

It was more of a shock to my legs and lungs when I got back on the bike. Dragging along 10-15 extra pounds from my sedentary years doesn't help either. But I've been soldiering along for about 3 months now (4 days a week) and am surviving 45-50 mile rides again. I'm a climber and I really miss riding over the many wonderful mountains where I live. Just a little more weight to lose and I'm all over them.

I'm not following any training programs right now (just happy to be riding again) and am not sure what goals you want to achieve. Let me know and I'll try to help anyway I can.

mike