Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

Was this sent to me?

Originally posted by Diesel112
Good Morning !!!

I am from Cape Town SA. I am still working till tommor.. morning 07:00. I guess I am in the same boat, after getting married myself and my wife we are training like crazy to be in race condition. What is your training like?

Hi Diesel!

I try and ride four days a week right now. We have lots of hills around here so every ride is challenging! :D I'm doing an every other day thing now so that I get plenty of recovery time in and I don't get burnt out. So far, it's working!

The hubby (Cyclysm) and I trade off childcare so that we can get out and ride. I go early in the mornings on weekdays and he drops the daughter off at my my parents when he goes riding during the week. Then we trade off on weekends or my parents watch her again so that we can get out together.

Where there's a will there's a way!

Originally posted by Cyclism
So you need a mechanic? Where do you live? If you pay for my travel to make a house call....:D

I've got some freelance work that keeps me busy when my daughter allows me some free time during the day.

A mechanic business sounds good though. I have a few friends that need work done on their bikes. I can start that way, maybe. Something to think about.

Hi Cyclism,

What sort of freelance work do you do?

hi all, mark from wales here, casual cyclist and runner, dedicated follower of the hop and grape.

hoping to have a bash on the new velodrome in newport shortly so thought i'd better get a bit fit again first.

singers_haven said:
Hi everyone! I'm from Bensalem, Pennsylvania in USA. I'm a pro tennis player focusing on winning wimbledon in 2006. I suppose there are cycling fans everywhere!:) For practice I usually wake up at 3am have tennis practice until 6am, go to the gym from 7-10am nap until 12 noon (sometimes) then it's back to the gym until about 4 and then it's more tennis until 10pm sometime 11pm. It's a lot, but you can't be the best if you don't sacrifice.

And that would be seven days a week of course!

My name is Max, I'm from Milwaukee Wisconsin, formerly a student of NYU, currently at UW Madison studying to get into medical school. Other than cycling, I'm into snowboarding and computers.

--homepage--

Cyclism said:
Hi Saltbush,

Photography and image editing for websites.

Hi Cyclism,

Great to hear. I am into photography too, but prefer not to edit photos too much. We have a big race just near where I live on Saturday, will be down there taking photos of all the cyclists in the road race and the time-trials, should be a lot of fun, so long as it doesn't rain.

On Sunday, there is a dirt bike race, so might go and get muddy taking some shots for the club there too. I figure if I'm not a good enough cyclist to race, may as well take the photos.

Have a great day.

Kerry

Saltbush said:
I am into photography too, but prefer not to edit photos too much. We have a big race just near where I live on Saturday, will be down there taking photos of all the cyclists in the road race and the time-trials, should be a lot of fun, so long as it doesn't rain.

Me too: http://www.thehippy.net/gallery/ :)

hippy

Saltbush said:
Hi Cyclism,

Great to hear. I am into photography too, but prefer not to edit photos too much. We have a big race just near where I live on Saturday, will be down there taking photos of all the cyclists in the road race and the time-trials, should be a lot of fun, so long as it doesn't rain.

On Sunday, there is a dirt bike race, so might go and get muddy taking some shots for the club there too. I figure if I'm not a good enough cyclist to race, may as well take the photos.

Have a great day.

Kerry

Cool. Post a few when you get them. Are you using a digital camera or film? Where are you from?

:cool: Terry from Naples Florida.... Blues Musician..... And a Bike FREAK!:D Weather is nice here for riding old vintage steelies! YeeHaa!:)

Cyclism said:
Cool. Post a few when you get them. Are you using a digital camera or film? Where are you from?

Hi Cyclism,

Using a digital (Fuji Finepix S2pro), with Nikon lens. Also have a nice Minolta Film SLR, but just can't justify the cost of development when I can do so much more on my computer. Just waiting to upgrade printer to cope with better quality images. Went camera accessory shopping yesterday and blew the budget. New mono-pod, reflector, some polarising lenses etc. It was retail therapy on a whole new level.

If I get any good shots on the weekend, will send them through. Think the Dirt Bike racing will be good, lots of mud.

Happy clicking/cycling.

Kerry

PS From Victoria Australia here. (Where all the best sprinters come from haha - GO MCEWEN)

Cyclism said:
Couldn't access that link for some reason. I'll try later.

Sorry dude, my webhost is changing my server or something.. they've been
flaky lately. So, yeah, all I can suggest is trying again later :)

hippy

Fun Stuff- I rode, for a great while, a Schwinn tricycle (converted to mens cantilever-'71 Diff and sturmey archer three) which I built in college. It was great, but it was a detriment, for it got me off "real" bikes for 13 years. Anyway, it got too hard for me to ride as I got older and fatter, so my wife got me a used hybrid that had gears (Giant Cypress). A year later, I log at least 30 miles a week, and I bought her her first bike ever!!
Our "starters" (I rode thousands of miles as a kid...even did some touring) are getting real heavy and slowing us down, so away they go for some ultra-light flat bar road bikes...all for a single reason
The biggest reason I ride is to connect to the landscape, and take photographs (see, got the old Schwinn and the pictures in one shot) of the prettiest place in the world-
I live, and ride, California's wine country, and I do it with an F717 Sony digital (no lenses to change, right?) around my neck.
I'm also a teacher, a skateboarder...and often, a drunk
Cheers

I'm Erick from outside of Detroit. I'm 24 been mountain biking for 11 years and bought a road bike 2 years ago which i love. I want to start racing soon but still trying to get in shape. Actually i'm thinking about building a track bike and running that in the local drome. Just found this forum this morning so i signed up, this is my first post. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Erick