Where are you from,what do you do?



pobserver03

New Member
Jul 15, 2004
56
0
0
50
Where am I from? What do I do? both questions are so original and yet so profound at the same time. I am from the "gates of hell" Columbia SC. I love to ride (a roadie I am). German Shepherds rule. Anyone who tells you otherwise ought to be tarred and feathered. And greater than my GSD Griffin is my beautiful wife. Hope to pass ya soon.

Take care of yourself and each other!
pobserver03
 

kenerin

New Member
Jul 17, 2004
10
0
0
38
I'm from Augusta, GA, I mountain bike and do some road biking (to and from work), I am a veterinary assistant and a student at usca for sports medicine.
 

swerwer

New Member
Jul 2, 2004
30
0
0
46
hi. new to the site. have been cycling since 13. career ended @16 with bike accident. got back up after 2years. wiped out badly again at 23. 6 years later and i'm back on. trying to clean out all the cobwebs out of the lungs, 3 days without a siggy now.... doing it yeaaa.... bought new bike 3 months ago. gettting back into it.. wow how technology changed since i stopped. fantastic...more toys and gimmics to keep you playing with the bike, than riding it..... to all you guys in Pretoria.... that piece of road going down past menlyn high school is mine.....lol

living in the cayman islands now..... man do we have mountains down here.... highest point above sea level is 60ft. and that is the landfill site(dump) lol... so what do we do for cycling.... chase cars...trucks, busses, anything that moves, even mopeds and chickens..... makes it that little bit more exiting.

going back in less than a month for holiday.... can't wait to dust of the old bike and take on the mountains again.... yea....outeniqua pass look out here i come....

ride hard or go home..
 

RC2

New Member
May 21, 2004
905
1
0
From Placitas, NM (just N of Albquerque, S of Santa Fe), originally from Portland, OR. Trying my damnedest to get my wife to move back to Portand -- it's a wonderful city. ;)
I manage capacity and capital planning strategies for Intel.
 

IEatRice4Dinner

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
290
0
0
35
e-male said:
Yes, Vo2, I am certainly going to try. I did it last year, although I did not do much training. I have the Argus 3 times. However, I am not yet in the sub-3 category.

What about you? Any sparkling tips, drugs ;) (hehehe), boosters etc?
Hey everyone! my name is Alex and im 17... i work at a local bike shop for almost 2 years so im not some dumb kid loll. I used to ride BMX, still do here and there but now im moving on to road.... anyway just wanted to say hey.
 

jonny_velo

New Member
Mar 16, 2003
55
0
0
44
Ciao Tutti....

my name is jonny, im 27...(just)..., and im in the middle of moving to italy to start up a training racing centre in le marche.... please feel free to check my site.... its not finished yet but i have a brochure i can mail you if you need more info now... just drop me a mail....

i love riding, training, racing and pretty much all sports... like taking it easy in life, preferably with the sun on my back....

take care

jonny

www.vitaitaliano.com :)
 

StarryMan

New Member
Jul 18, 2004
55
0
0
Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
Cheers Everyone,

What a great post. Lots of interesting folks mixed in with some occasional strange types. Anyways, I'm from Boca Raton, FL and used to race Cat 3 and sometimes subbed in for friends who raced Cat 2. I raced Road and Mtn bike simultaneously in highshool and college. Best race and worst race was at the Specialized Cactus cup in the middle of the desert in Scottsdale, AZ - 1996. Best because I had a chance to eat dirt from Ned Overends 2.2 inch fatties. Worst because my mountain bike was stolen the night before the race and had to borrow a good samaritans bike to race.

I'm a small business owner and no longer race competitively but still love hearing the tire roar of group rides. I'm riding a Lemond bike with a triple crank - I'm getting old, have a 1 year old daughter, so that little ol' tiny third ring helps me when I'm bonked up a hill. Now I'm racing cars and part of PCA (Porsche Club of America). Any other PCA members out riding bikes in FL?

PS. I'm going to **** some folks off here... I HATE Harley Davidsons!

Happy trails and Safe Riding,

Nicholas
 

NREMTP

New Member
Jul 20, 2004
1
0
0
PS. I'm going to **** some folks off here... I HATE Harley Davidsons!

Happy trails and Safe Riding,

Nicholas
Well nicholas too bad you don't have any class :) LOL. I ride a 97 Harely ultra classic. Now for why I am posting here.

Iam a 39 year old native of NC, I work as a paramedic and I used to ride a road bike. I currently own a mountain bike and would like to buy an entry level road bike to get into better shape and hopefully ride in the eastern NC MS150 next year. Anyone else on here from NC? Seems like a lot of the hard core road riders here where I live at are very "clickish".

Dwayne
fuquay, nc
 

ausgirl

New Member
Jul 20, 2004
85
0
0
Hi!

I hope this works - its my first post on this site. Anyway I'm a 23yr old roadie from the state of Queensland in Australia. I'm also studying at uni.

I've been riding for about 3 years now and absolutely love it, it is hard to think of a better sport. I normally train anywhere from 200-500km per week depending on what the coach says, although i've been off the bike for a few weeks now due to injury. I love bunch rides, but sometimes my schedule will force me to train on my own - that's ok, as long as it helps me to be competitive. I also do club races most weeks and wouldn't mind trying some bigger races in the next year or 2.

Bye
 

Saltbush

New Member
Jul 7, 2004
26
0
0
StarryMan said:
Cheers Everyone,

What a great post. Lots of interesting folks mixed in with some occasional strange types. Anyways, I'm from Boca Raton, FL and used to race Cat 3 and sometimes subbed in for friends who raced Cat 2. I raced Road and Mtn bike simultaneously in highshool and college. Best race and worst race was at the Specialized Cactus cup in the middle of the desert in Scottsdale, AZ - 1996. Best because I had a chance to eat dirt from Ned Overends 2.2 inch fatties. Worst because my mountain bike was stolen the night before the race and had to borrow a good samaritans bike to race.

I'm a small business owner and no longer race competitively but still love hearing the tire roar of group rides. I'm riding a Lemond bike with a triple crank - I'm getting old, have a 1 year old daughter, so that little ol' tiny third ring helps me when I'm bonked up a hill. Now I'm racing cars and part of PCA (Porsche Club of America). Any other PCA members out riding bikes in FL?

PS. I'm going to **** some folks off here... I HATE Harley Davidsons!

Happy trails and Safe Riding,

Nicholas


Hey Nicholas.

I'm not keen on Harleys either. I have a couple of trail bikes that are a lot of fun, shame I'm so bloody useless on them.

Sorry to hear your bike was stolen way back when, there are some sorry excuses for people hey?

What do you call 'old'. You have a one year old, so HOW OLD COULD YOU BE?

Kerry
 

StarryMan

New Member
Jul 18, 2004
55
0
0
Saltbush said:
Hey Nicholas.

I'm not keen on Harleys either. I have a couple of trail bikes that are a lot of fun, shame I'm so bloody useless on them.

Sorry to hear your bike was stolen way back when, there are some sorry excuses for people hey?

What do you call 'old'. You have a one year old, so HOW OLD COULD YOU BE?

Kerry
Kerry,

I'm glad someone else is in the bandwagon with me regarding Harleys. I guess we are both "classless" according to one of the posters above. Oh welllllllll, I've been called much worse by my own wife.

Yep... it was a bummer having the bike stolen on race day. I did a complete overhaul on the bike to boot the week before. So who ever stole it, got it when it was prime (even painstakenly re-applied touch up paint on the frame and covered it over the 1,400 mile drive to AZ)! But but but... the woman who lent me her bike (racing on a women's saddle wasn't too bad) was very gracious and has remained a friend since. Lose a bike, gain a friend. Hmmmmm.

How old am I? Dare I say? I checked my noggin the other day and found another confounded white hair. I'm having a hard time cracking into the 20.5 mph avg these days (typically I ride 20-30 mile stints on flat roads). Metamucil is my morning friend. I drove all the way to Publix (grocery store in FL region) with my left blinker on last week - I'm losing my mind already. And to think I ***** about old bad drivers in FL. Ha!

I'm 31 and can't wait to get a Burley trailer to scoot around with my little one.

Cheers,
Nicholas
 

Princess20

New Member
Jun 12, 2004
13
0
0
I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I edit for a t.v. station. My area is too hilly and my bike too heavy for riding into work every day, so I ride to and from on weekends.
 

1 CycleNut

New Member
Jul 13, 2004
30
0
0
StarryMan said:
Cheers Everyone,

What a great post. Lots of interesting folks mixed in with some occasional strange types. Anyways, I'm from Boca Raton, FL and used to race Cat 3 and sometimes subbed in for friends who raced Cat 2. I raced Road and Mtn bike simultaneously in highshool and college. Best race and worst race was at the Specialized Cactus cup in the middle of the desert in Scottsdale, AZ - 1996. Best because I had a chance to eat dirt from Ned Overends 2.2 inch fatties. Worst because my mountain bike was stolen the night before the race and had to borrow a good samaritans bike to race.

I'm a small business owner and no longer race competitively but still love hearing the tire roar of group rides. I'm riding a Lemond bike with a triple crank - I'm getting old, have a 1 year old daughter, so that little ol' tiny third ring helps me when I'm bonked up a hill. Now I'm racing cars and part of PCA (Porsche Club of America). Any other PCA members out riding bikes in FL?

PS. I'm going to **** some folks off here... I HATE Harley Davidsons!

Happy trails and Safe Riding,

Nicholas
:eek: I Live across from you in Naples.. Much better area for Biking and about anything else too! East Coast too busy!All we do over here is walk the beach, go to Brunch, ck stock market, and have Jeeves shine the chrome on our Rolls Royce,:rolleyes: Gonna have to trade it off for a new one the ash tray is getting full!:cool: Got to go now I'm playing in Germany next month for six weeks chow!:D
 

StarryMan

New Member
Jul 18, 2004
55
0
0
1 CycleNut said:
:eek: I Live across from you in Naples.. Much better area for Biking and about anything else too! East Coast too busy!All we do over here is walk the beach, go to Brunch, ck stock market, and have Jeeves shine the chrome on our Rolls Royce,:rolleyes: Gonna have to trade it off for a new one the ash tray is getting full!:cool: Got to go now I'm playing in Germany next month for six weeks chow!:D
It's very well known that on the East side there are a lot of chump wind bags. Now I know there's at least one wind bag over in Naples. By the way, you obviously sound like a wind bag or at least a wind bag kid with a rich family. But even then, I highly doubt you come from rich threads. Hey, hows your huffy by the way?

Say hello to the many grannys and grand daddies in Naples. Where the ocean is as sedate as valium.

Nicholas
 

1 CycleNut

New Member
Jul 13, 2004
30
0
0
StarryMan said:
It's very well known that on the East side there are a lot of chump wind bags. Now I know there's at least one wind bag over in Naples. By the way, you obviously sound like a wind bag or at least a wind bag kid with a rich family. But even then, I highly doubt you come from rich threads. Hey, hows your huffy by the way?

Say hello to the many grannys and grand daddies in Naples. Where the ocean is as sedate as valium.

Nicholas
Indeed SIR! I beg to differ! I'm just a semi retired musician my good man living the good life after years on the road touring..The difference between men and boys my good man are the price of their toys....and I have expensive taste! Lotta hot air comes over here from Boca and beyond not my cup of tea! I have many musician friends here in south Florida most live over here in collier county what does that tell ya? Hum? I ride Bicycles for my health dude I'm on Chemo Therapy to get some strength back.. and I would ride a huffy don't make a damm to me I don't have to have a Trek, LEMOND, or any other Preppy Bike, I have a Garage Full of Custom Harley Choppers that I haven't rode in years! Get the chip off shame on you! I feel sorry for you Preppy guys! I've probably got kids older than you! I've been around the block a few times sonnyboy!:cool: By the way slick I ride a Motobecane! plus own around 30 other vintage bicycles:rolleyes:
 

batakgt

New Member
Jul 3, 2004
5
0
0
42
Im 24 male from NJ/Philly, I am an Officer in the US Army, went to college in NY started riding about a year plus a few months ago - when I moved to hotter weather and could no longer play hockey
 

StarryMan

New Member
Jul 18, 2004
55
0
0
1 CycleNut said:
Indeed SIR! I beg to differ! I'm just a semi retired musician my good man living the good life after years on the road touring..The difference between men and boys my good man are the price of their toys....and I have expensive taste! Lotta hot air comes over here from Boca and beyond not my cup of tea! I have many musician friends here in south Florida most live over here in collier county what does that tell ya? Hum? I ride Bicycles for my health dude I'm on Chemo Therapy to get some strength back.. and I would ride a huffy don't make a damm to me I don't have to have a Trek, LEMOND, or any other Preppy Bike, I have a Garage Full of Custom Harley Choppers that I haven't rode in years! Get the chip off shame on you! I feel sorry for you Preppy guys! I've probably got kids older than you! I've been around the block a few times sonnyboy!:cool: By the way slick I ride a Motobecane! plus own around 30 other vintage bicycles:rolleyes:
Hey since you are so forthcoming of your inventory, how about doing us all a favor and post an Excel sheet of all of your assets. Oh my you are impressing everyone so much <sarcasm noted>. "A garage full of custom Harley Choppers..."? I hope you have fun cleaning up the oil slicks slick. As I said, there are windbags over here and evidently over there.

Also - you may want to try to "CHILL OUT".
 

aTmSpectre

New Member
Jul 21, 2004
95
0
0
Jonathan Lobb
Freshman Petroleum Engineering Major, Texas A&M University

I like surfing, riding, and pretty much anything dumb enough to get me killed.

Oh yeah, I like jumping my bike off of stuff.
 

Fusioned

New Member
Jul 15, 2004
17
0
0
36
Im from South Jersey in the USA. Ride a lot because I sold my car. couldnt afford car insurance. Love it!
 

StarryMan

New Member
Jul 18, 2004
55
0
0
Fusioned said:
Im from South Jersey in the USA. Ride a lot because I sold my car. couldnt afford car insurance. Love it!
Regardless of not being able to afford insurance. It's great you are riding and keeping some of the xtra bucks in your pocket. If there's one thing I hate - insurance!

Safe riding,

Nicholas