Where are you from,what do you do?

Just found this sight. Looks interesting!

I'm getting back into cycling after a 7 yr lay-off. Coincides with my 7 & 5 yr children. Bought a new road bike (Seven) to try to work off this padding. :)

Hello all, new to the forum and biking in general. I used this forum along with some others for my purchasing decision. I went with a '05 Trek 3700. I rode a Specialized Hardrock, liked it a lot, but wasn't willing to go over the $300 mark just yet. I just picked it up this last Wednesday, have already been out 3 times on it. I live in the high desert area of So Cal., so it's mostly pavement and a little offroad. I'm just getting back into biking for exercise and stress relief. I haven't hit any trails yet, waiting to build up my stamina before I get too crazy. Anyone have any opinions on the Hardrock vs. the Trek. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks:eek:

Where: Birmingham, AL

What: Student

I just got into road cycling about 2 months ago, and now I'm hooked.

Hello everyone!

hi, i'm philip and i'm from irvine calif. and i have a small family motel business. i commute from irvine to laguna beach on my bike twice a week.

I'm Jason from Newfoundland Canada...I am an Engineer for an oil company. I do triathlons, mostly Ironman distance. I usually ride 4 to 5 times per week...right now it's fall where I live so that means short days, cold temperatures and lots of rain so I've been riding the Computrainer for the last 2 weeks...I'm looking forward to a solid winter of base building so I can have a great Ironman Canada next year!

Cheers!!
Jason

I'm from Berkeley California. I've cycled for fun for about thirty years. Gettin a little old for this much fun. Used to cycle over the Berkeley Hills and do a loop through Orinda and the little town of Clayton. About twenty miles a day. A bit much for these old legs.

Where from: I live in Frankfort, IL which is about 35 miles south of downtown Chicago, IL.

What do I at the day job: Day job is an Attorney. I do primarily tax law and the usual stuff like real estate, corporate, wills/trusts and business law. Since my office is 1.5 miles from the house, new bike and inline skates are in my future.

Other than that, I ride as much as possible and do several organized rides in IL, IN and Michigan. I am currently looking at upgrading from my TREK 2200 to a Litespeed Ghisallo.

Where from: I live in Frankfort, IL which is about 35 miles south of downtown Chicago, IL.

What do I at the day job: Day job is an Attorney. I do primarily tax law and the usual stuff like real estate, corporate, wills/trusts and business law. Since my office is 1.5 miles from the house, new bike and inline skates are in my future.

Other than that, I ride as much as possible and do several organized rides in IL, IN and Michigan. I am currently looking at upgrading from my TREK 2200 to a Litespeed Ghisallo.

Where- NYC, NY USA

What Do I Do- Not much according to some... I am a Stay At Home Dad (SAHD... isn't there an abbreviation for nearly everything these days?!?!) but prior to my wife and me starting our family I was (and perhaps someday still might be) a professional jazz musician here in NYC. :eek:

The computer says that I need to state where I am from and what I do..... I am from my mother and since that fact what I "do" is cut her grass and fix her house.:mad: Wish I had more time to ride.

Real Estate broker and Invester from Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Seven bikes and about to add a tandem recumbent so my little girl and I can ride with my wife on her EZ trike. Road rider mainly, some mountian biking....and Datona as in Campy, Daytona 10 speed, good stuff. Can I get campy to fit that Sun EZ tandem???:rolleyes:

So there!

I am from Indiana and recently started cycling in July, and love it.
When I'm not cycling I am a hospice nurse. I really hope to get some get cycling tips and befriend some cyclist. :cool:

What's up? This is my first day as a member ( and my first post).

I reside in the Alleghany Mtn range in Northwest Pennsylvania USA (WARREN,PA).

I'm a department head for a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep auto franchise. Oh yeah we got HEMIS :D

I'm a CAT2 road racer coming off of a 2 year layoff. I have 2800 miles on since July and I can finally feel the legs come back.

I look forward to the imput of the users of this site and will share any knowledge I have of our unique sport/lifestyle.

CeeCee said:
I am from Indiana and recently started cycling in July, and love it.
When I'm not cycling I am a hospice nurse. I really hope to get some get cycling tips and befriend some cyclist. :cool:
Cyclists don't give a **** how you earn your money. Just get as many miles in as you can and join a club. I'm sick of replying to rookies, just come back and tell me what mileage you do per week. And how old are you.

ey! am from Negros in the Philippines, based in Manila. try to trail at least twice a week w/ my buddies...trail rides anywhere from 19-45 kms each in what's mostly a hot & humid environment during the year. sometimes we do road rides, anywhere from 50-110 kms, but very rarely ;)

got into mt. biking to gain some control over my weight, and to get away from the madness of the city...15 months into it and loving it! i ride an '04 specialized enduro and an SJ M4 ht...can't get enough of them :D

more power to everyone here!

Serbian_SPIRIT said:
Hi
I am Viktor 23 years old from Belgrade, Serbia. Ride almost every day 30-40 km.

I am Dave, 40 years old, Registered Nurse from Adelaide, South Australia. I would love to ride more than I do, 2 young children do take time ! I ride in the beautiful hills surrounding my home.

Born is Puerto Rico (Ponce) grew up in Chicago now in Aurora, Illinois USA

I am a Network Engineer who just bought a NRS2 2004.5 1 month ago after 15 years of not riding. Coming back strong also will restore my 1982-83 Schwinn Voyager SP its not in bad shape at all.