Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm from near chicago, studying sports management in college. i ride my bike mostly for transportation now, but hopefully this summer i will have more time. :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

bomber....lucky your not a framer ::)

3. earnie

earnie New Member

Hello folks,
    I live in the beutifull Garden Route (South Africa), did the Argus and stopped cycling (don't worry, I'll get going again!!) My wife and I love cycling and currently are in the process of organising a 5-day tour (with the help of the best committee members one can dream of).....will keep you posted.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Morning Earnie, Welcome and take your time to get that tour orginized, as long as we are all invited to take part in that.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all,

I am a British born Nigerian living in South Africa - hence my sometimes confused state. Been here for close to 4 years now.
    Started cycling 2 years ago, and I have taken to it like a form of addiction. I train average 10 hours a week but I need to get more hours - unfortunately I have to work to pay for my addiction - what with the cost of bikes, parts, travelling to races and...
    I work as a management consultant.

I guess that is me.

6. earnie

earnie New Member

Hi Pothole,
    Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. Yes, every body is welcome to do the tour, as long as you're a licensed rider and part of a team. Categories for juniors, elite, vets , pro teams and ladies. This will be a first in this country.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all,

What a great site. :) from Johannesburg, South Africa being cycling for about 10 years but totally recreational have done 2 Argus all the 94.7's, 3 Tour de Durban's and going down this week-end for # 4.I still have to crack a sub 3, feel age is against me :p but heh will keep on trying.

See you Folks In Durb's

8. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Howsit Gordon, welcome to the forums! Going down to the coast aswell for my first Tour D'urbs. Must say that I'm already in off-season mode, but what the heck.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi My name is Hendrik Pretorius and I stay in Villieria. I am new to cycling. Been doing it since January 2001. I have done various races icluding the Sungardens CArousel Classic; 94,7; Jacranda FM 94,2 Cycling Classic. I used to ride half a bike but now ride a tandem (whole bike!!!!!) with my partner (wife) Marietjie. Our tandem is a Puegeot (aluminium Kinesis Frame) with a Campag Groupset and wheels and is named "Spirit of MAIA" A photo of me finishing the Carousel race is at the website below:-

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/hmtorius/carouselh11.jpg

Keep those wheels spinning

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome Hendrik. The thing that us older cyclists have in common is how strong we look when we cross the line. Great photo! 8)

Nothing wrong with Kinesis they make good frames. ;D

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Folks,

Just got back from Durban after the Tour Durban, Had a good ;D ride finished in 3h22 which is my best time for the tour. Weather was great and a good vibe at the end.Ride a fairly old MTB Wheeler 5800 its logged 11000 km's.

Its time to fit the knobbles and do some MTB Riding.
    Cheers

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,

I am glad for you. I did the tour Durban myself. I got a major race slightly right for a change and did a 2:59. Good enough for me as I rode the race mainly so that I could get a good seeding for the Argus next year.

Regards

13. dimboy2

dimboy2 New Member

Hi everyon I'm adam I am 12 yrs old I ride track and spend my time sitting on the computer maintaining ym webiste

http://www.cool-mobile.net

14. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Welcome dimboy! Our youngest member yet! Cool website you have. Did you design it yourself?

15. dimboy2

dimboy2 New Member

yes everything

I also did my dads

http://www.sportsarchive.co.uk

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm from Melbourne Australia. I race every Sunday for the Southern Club. I'm in Grade E at the moment. I work in IT. age ....ummm way too old...Go Stewy !!

17. dimboy2

dimboy2 New Member

Hiya mate

18. crankin

crankin New Member

i live in Arizona
    (i am "gearing" up to quit my job as Architectural Designer...3 weeks to go!)

i will teach at the University (part-time) and ski instruct...yes we have a little snow here!

other than that, I train, recover, and train some more.

if anyone is ever over here...there is great riding and i've got room to spare :)

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi ,
    I'm from Pretoria Gauteng in South Africa.
    It's now 2 years since the cycling bug bit me and still enjoying
    every moment of it. ;D
    I started with a MTB and switched over to a racer which I replaced with a dream racer . ;D
    It's nice to see one's time getting better in all the races.
    I work in IT. ;)
    Great website!
    Keep up the good work!

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in Johannesburg, SA. I work as a graphic- and web designer. I started riding in 1992 but stopped in 1995. I did my first Argus in 1994 (old route) and did 2 Jocks, '93 and '94. In the beginning of this year I decided to get back in the sport by borrowing my brother-in-law's spare Concorde but I bought my long time dream bike, Cannondale, two weeks ago. Just waiting for my stuffed knee to get better so that I can take her out.

BTW, thanks for a great forum, keep it up.