Where are you from,what do you do?

hello all my name is matt I,am 31 yrs young :D

I ,am from south dakota-u.s.a. I did alot of mtn biking when i was younger in california I,am new into raod bikes ,however enjoying it very much .. i have a 2004 specialized allez with updated seat,tires,rims.
i drive a truck for a living ,so i get the chance to ride all over the u.s.a. mainly
the sierra nevada mtns. between reno,nv and truckee,ca is where i ride alot in hampshire rocks park of the tahoe natl.forest this is a georgeous area to ride if you get the chance.

so thank you all for the openess to this forum, I believe i will find
alot of great aquaintences and great information and support. thanks

I'm from springhill FL,USA an hour north of Tampa. I'm a printer ,but cycle for fun and the exercise. Have a Motobecan road bike. New to the sport really. Hello all...richard

I'm from Brisbane. I work with computers :rolleyes: Used to ride a roadie for many years but haven't ridden for about 10yrs (though I've kept reasonably fit). Just bought a new mtb and commute to work 3 times a week, 45km round trip, and have started doing some trails on the weekends. Got some SPD pedals/shoes and road tyres for the commute and I'm loving every minute. Can't believe I stopped riding for 10yrs :rolleyes:

I'll get another roadie one day (when the wife's ready to be sweet talked again :D )

Hi all! I'm from Finland and I am cycling just for fun at the moment. Thinking of joining a cycling club, but I'm not so sure about that. But anyway nice to read the posts and get some advice on this forum.

hi folks,

been using the sight for a while now to garner info. spent the last few years in a saddle and now want to step it up a gear from using the bike instead of the car into the realms of using a bike for all its benefits.
I've twice cycled around Myanmar but I have to stress this was in the most haphazard and relaxed manner........if there was a big climb I threw the bike on the back of a bus!!:rolleyes:
I've now bought a trainer bike and want to try and get a little pace and stamina into my cycling.
If there is anyone in the Newquay area who thinks they are of a similar standard to myself and hopefully wouldn't feel held back by me I wouldn't mind a cyclin partner the odd time.
Look forward to more correspondence in the near future
Jon
(is this too long for a first post:confused: )

I bought a new FS Mountain bike in April 05 and I hit 2000 kM today (4 months). I mostly use it for fitness

I live in the northwest of Boston. I work for a Biotech company about 15 miles from home. I ride about 40-60 miles per week (except during the winter), usually 15, 20 or 25 mile rides. I ride with some people at work during lunch when our schedules work out. I enjoy cycling, but fitness is my main motivation.

I'm actually from Louisiana, USA. However, I'm in the military and live in Germany right now. I have never seriously cycled. In fact, the last time I rode a bike I was 14. I'm trying to get some healthy routine in my life, and I've got nothing cardiovascular, but I loved riding when I was younger, but it was as a means of transportation, nothing serious. I've never riden for more than 45 minutes.

Basically, I'm here to figure out what the heck I'm doing. Germany has tons of paved bike trails and they are super close to my house.

Any info would be very welcome.

P.S. I don't even have a bike right now. With the help of the board I'll be getting one in the next month.

I'm from Springfield, MO USA, and I'm a newbie cyclist that started spinning, fell in love with cycling, and decided I really could ride outside! One of the first things I did, after borrowing a hybrid from a friend, was break my wrist....pretty sad. But it didn't stop me, but it did influence the bike I picked for my 1st bike. I got an Electra Townie 7. It's a great bike to learn on, and I ride around town and I did my first charity ride...25miles! I was proud! Of course, everyone was dropping me left and right, but when I'm ready, I'll get something faster and lighter!! I try to ride 4-5 times a week (including weekends). I'm more confident now that when I was a kid!! And I'm hooked on Pro Racing!! Love it, and most of my friends have no clue about it. So, now I read cycling forums, and make excuses to go by the bike shops!

theresa51 said:
I'm from Springfield, MO USA, and I'm a newbie cyclist that started spinning, fell in love with cycling, and decided I really could ride outside! One of the first things I did, after borrowing a hybrid from a friend, was break my wrist....pretty sad. But it didn't stop me, but it did influence the bike I picked for my 1st bike. I got an Electra Townie 7. It's a great bike to learn on, and I ride around town and I did my first charity ride...25miles! I was proud! Of course, everyone was dropping me left and right, but when I'm ready, I'll get something faster and lighter!! I try to ride 4-5 times a week (including weekends). I'm more confident now that when I was a kid!! And I'm hooked on Pro Racing!! Love it, and most of my friends have no clue about it. So, now I read cycling forums, and make excuses to go by the bike shops!
Hi, Theresa51, my name is Bill, and I've just moved to Bremerton, Washington after having just left Kenner, Louisiana! I can appreciate very much your love of cycling, as I share that love as well!:) Your Electra Townie is a very well made and comfy bike: perfect for pleasure riding and even some touring! If you have the Nexus 7-speed internally geared rear hub, then you don't have to worry about derailleurs, although I love the derailleur gear system for rear wheels, but not so much for front changers as they sometimes derail the whole chain off the crankset!:confused: I ride a CLWB recumbent by a company called Cycle Genius: I have their year 2004 STX Sport model. The 'bent has dual 20 inch wheels and has a laid-back very comfy foam seatpan with meshback, so, for me, riding a recumbent is like flying a plane that never leaves the ground! Your Townie is semi-recumbent in its geometry, so it looks to be the most comfortable of the traditional upright bikes!:) Someday, as time goes, you might wish to test ride a recumbent, but buying a high-end lightweight 'bent will cost some big bucks; my $700.00 STX, though it weighs 36 pounds, is a fine all-day tourer at relaxed moderate speeds, as I don't care all that much for eye-watering ripping fast speeds!:eek: Well, sometimes I do enjoy flying down hills: it's a bit scary, but fun!!:D So, Theresa51, happy cycling to you and yours!;)

Hey there,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
I ride to work every day (~20km there and back), and every now and again go on 50-80km rides (not lately though, it's too cold and rainy!!). Love city bike paths and rail-trails, and in a few months I want to cycle to Sydney!

netta_s said:
Hey there,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
I ride to work every day (~20km there and back), and every now and again go on 50-80km rides (not lately though, it's too cold and rainy!!). Love city bike paths and rail-trails, and in a few months I want to cycle to Sydney!
Hi, netta_s, how are you way down under? My Tante Helga had lived in Sydney since 1967, although almost two years ago she moved back to Germany! Someday I'd love to visit Australia:) ; I have no doubt there are unlimited magnificent miles for adventurous cycling! If you're ever in the states, perhaps you might visit the Puget Sound area of Washington State, in between the Cascades and the Olympic mountain ranges! As we soon will go into winter and you and yours into summer, happy cycling to ya....g'day!!!!;)

I ride Moab slickrock (practice) trail 5 days / week. On weekends I do longer rides, alone in the silence of the desert wilderness. I ride to calm down,meditate, clear my mind. My mantra is 'pedal, pedal, pedal' ect.....

My private work involves teaching students one-on-one of all ages. I also TA at the local college extension facilitating sattellite classes and web courses.
My flexible schedule allows for my most important wish..ride on!!

I will be racing in October, first time..I am training/racing to support my cycling addiction! (ha). Now when the locals see me riding everyday at lunchtime or early AM, I have an excuse for being unavailable over the noon hour. I hope some will get up off their______________ and exercise w/ me!

if you are ever in Moab, e-mail me and I'll direct you to some awesome terrain to ride!!! (smile)

re_biker@yahoo.
Hey, Bill! I agree about not going too fast, my problems is getting up some of those hills in the first place! Do you use clips or clipless pedals? I'm still using the original pedals that came on my Electra, and I don't think I'm getting enough power...thanks for the response! Theresa

What I do: Just a lovely teenager that enjoys the daysights, on a bike.

Name: Steven
Bicycle: Wal-Mart Bluelight Special. ;)

Anything else?

re_biker@yahoo. said:
Hi, netta_s, how are you way down under? My Tante Helga had lived in Sydney since 1967, although almost two years ago she moved back to Germany! Someday I'd love to visit Australia:) ; I have no doubt there are unlimited magnificent miles for adventurous cycling! If you're ever in the states, perhaps you might visit the Puget Sound area of Washington State, in between the Cascades and the Olympic mountain ranges! As we soon will go into winter and you and yours into summer, happy cycling to ya....g'day!!!!;)
I'd love to cycle in the US one day! Only thing is - my partner loves cycling, but not as much as me:) Germany would be exellent for cycling as well - been there twice (my auntie's a Berliner) and loved it - but not with a bike:(. One day I will make my partner to do either the US or Europe cycling....;) I read quite a few stories of people who've done it and it sounds amazing...

Lo all

Canberra, Australia boy (27, is that still a boy?) here, allways been a pushy rider regardless of type. just bought a giant ocr zero for some fitness/fun time.
my friends call me roger, probly caus its my name. funny world innit?