Where are you from,what do you do?

Greig from Auckland NZJust decided to get back into road cycling after a 3 year haitus. Prompted by my 15 yr old son who ahs just been chosen for his high school's road cycling team (well one of 7 in total) So ia m involved as a parent and it got em itching to et back iont eh road. Soem of the oethr parents cycle so it shoudk be a supportive group.
Now I have to find a new bike - gave mine to my son. V good Giant Compact bike, and fits him well (he's 15 and now my height - 6 ft!, but with way betetr power to weight ratio!!).

look forward to tips etc from this forum

Any tips on a choosing a bike?? I am not into high performance, just regualr road rides, buiilding upt o 11km Sunday rides.

I am just 50 and in reasonable nick, but need to lose a few kg, sot hsi will help.

Thanks all!!
:)

Greig here again. Just read my post - I am not totally useless - the Sunday rides should read 100km!!!

:eek:

My name is Jeremy, I'm in the U.S. Navy and I ride a Raliegh M-80 which is (in my opinion) a good all-around bike which I can take on-board the ship with me and ride it all all kinds of terrain in different countries... so far, I'm up to 9 different countries and looking forward to more...lol...

Hi, I'm from Switzerland and enjoy riding road race bicyles for more than 25 years. My background is 10 years of racing on the national level and a few more as a club racer. Recently, I restarted training regularly again and more goal oriented. I also do some mountain biking and started riding the local track.

Scott from CT. I'm a toolsetter by trade. Got into mountain biking in the late 90's and a friend I rode with got me hooked on road riding as well.
My 2 current rides are a '05 Specialized Tarmac Comp (soon to be '06 Comp frame) and an 04 Stumpjumper FSR Elite.
Purely a rec rider but have a blast doing it!

Hello!

Gambit here from Lucena City, Philippines. Been a fan of endurance sports since the day I turned 30 years old. Been running in local marathons. I just got a road bike this weekend. Planning to do some "duathlon" (bike, run) late this year.

Hope to learn tips on how to ride the bike through the forums in this site.

Day job: Sales Representative

Anybody here ho's from the Philippines also?

I'm from Belfast too although I haven't lived there since 1989 or thereabouts. Now that I'm firmly ensconced in Santa Barbara, CA I'm never leaving.

Frazer

I am from South Africa, from the North West Province, From a town called Rustenburg. I am Managing an Open-Cast Granite Quarry.

I'm from Burleson,Texas USA

I'm a Contractor. I'm looking for info on a bike I have. It's a Stella ,Tour De France ,I believe it says. It's a race bike? I'm not sure how old. Anyone know about these bikes or the value? [email protected] Any info appreciated.Thanks:) :confused: :)

Hello,

I'm Tony and I have just washed up in Raleigh NC USA - what a place for a British cyclist - and I am riding a Raleigh Special Products Dynatech Ti. I came over on 10th May, with the bike, and I shall be here permanently from late August onwards. I have driven in the States but never rode a bike before, and it's magic! Nothing moves more than 45-50mph whereas in the UK double decker buses will pass a bike at 60. The carriageways are wide and the surfaces are sooo smooth. And the drivers, well they are aware of you and seem to even respect you - 5 axle trucks actually move out into the left lane to pass. This does not happen in the UK. I have had a few rides out of north Raleigh and I think that I can enjoy cycling here. I suppose the only problem is - where are all the other cyclists? I'm in Raleigh until 22nd May, leave a message.
Tony

I am Thao from Lesotho and currently a University studend doing computer science and mathematics. I ride a yellow trek bike and still new in the cycling.

I live in TN, USA and am new to cycling. Have already done a one week self- contained tour and in planning stage for the next one. Try to ride at least 5-6 times a week, but work gets in the way.

Hi, I'm from the Philippines. I have a Specialized Hardrock Sport which I bought last month. I'm new to the sport but have dreamed of having an MTB and riding the trails decades ago. I've ridden just once in a near by trail and hope to ride in another this saturday.

Hope to learn more from you guys. Incidentally, I'm a chief systems & procedures engineer at Philips Semiconductors, am above 40 and still love to bike.

Hello,

I'm from irvine, ca and im a college student. i just started riding and i have a bridgestone 550. i play tennis for my school and i've started riding to school and to the tennis club to practice (about 5 miles). i love cycling and i cant wait to ride more and save up so i can upgrade my ride :D

What ho, from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Been riding since 1972, and lived and raced in New York City from 1980-1987 with the Century Road Club Ass'n. Still commuting, on a much rebuilt, currently-seven-speed 1991 Specialized Crossroads. Between rides I do production and systems administration at the local newspaper

Hi Fellow Cyclists,

This is my first time posting on this site. I am a 45 yr old government social services worker from California's High Desert area. In three weeks I'm relocating to southwestern Idaho near Boise. I'd like to hear from riders in that area about local rides and events - and what I can expect regarding weather and traffic.

I am a recreational road rider and commuter, logging about 4000 leisurely miles a year. I've got a wife and three teen and pre-teen kids who ride (rateer casually) as well.

Any local wisdom will be appreciated!

Just started cycling, from New york city. almost everyday I go from 181st to 59th and I like it.