Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello livethedream68,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our cycling community in our
forum.

Why not start with your first post today and
become an active part of the world's largest online cycling community!

ACTIVE is the key word here!

How can I be ACTIVE when I spend hours and hours posting messages and my posts get deleted?

You only get 30 minutes per day with a guest pass here @ the Fairfax County Public Library!

If that’s being ACTIVE... then you have forced me from starting from the very beginning.

You leave me no other choice Cyclingforums.com!!!

It’s like teaching a child to ride a bike...

IT SHOULD BE EASY...

fiets776.gif

...yet often we get it wrong by trying to TEACH a child to ride instead of letting the child DISCOVER how to ride.

You prevent the child from experiencing the balance the bicycle requires.

When YOU TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF, your child will find confidence and a sense of balance!

Let’s start back to the beginning... here we go again...

My apologies goes to those who've already read the posts over & over & over... I sound like a broken record.

I’m @

[email protected]

Let the World know where I’m @ .

We’re on the World Wide Web.

I can pick up the RECYCLABLE mountain BICYCLE on foot in Falls Church or Arlington Virginia, USA.

sea_otter57ft.jpg

P.S. “Mock not the fallen, for slippery is the road ahead of you.”

Hello livethedream68,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our cycling community in our
forum.

Why not start with your first post today and
become an active part of the world's largest online cycling community!

ACTIVE is the key word here!

How can I be ACTIVE when I spend hours and hours posting messages and my posts get deleted?

You only get 30 minutes per day with a guest pass here @ the Fairfax County Public Library!

If that’s being ACTIVE... then I have no choice but to start from the very beginning.

You leave me no other choice Cyclingforums.com!!!

It’s like teaching a child to ride a bike...

IT SHOULD BE EASY...

fiets776.gif

...yet often we get it wrong by trying to TEACH a child to ride instead of letting the child DISCOVER how to ride.

You prevent the child from experiencing the balance the bicycle requires.

When YOU TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF, your child will find confidence and a sense of balance!

Let’s start back to the beginning... here we go again...

My apologies goes to those who've already read the posts over & over & over... I sound like a broken record.

I’m @

[email protected]

Let the World know where I’m @ .

We’re on the World Wide Web.

I can pick up the RECYCLABLE mountain BICYCLE on foot in Falls Church or Arlington Virginia, USA.

sea_otter57ft.jpg

P.S. “Mock not the fallen, for slippery is the road ahead of you.”

03teamdisco said:
I'm from Birmingham Al. I do ride and am currently at university working on a History/Archaeology degree.
I am currently writing a paper on how Europeans view American Cyclists. Any response would be helpful.

03teamdisco said:
I am currently writing a paper on how Europeans view American Cyclists. Any response would be helpful.
America is actively campaigning with local, county and regional governments

...and the cycling community to transform bicycling into a mainstream...

...component our nation’s transportation system.

More British people own a bicycle than ever before

...and cycling is growing in popularity.

But of the 20 million cycles in the UK many are used only rarely.

You have to start somewhere.

Good Luck on you paper 03teamdisco!

[email protected]

fixedinseattle hello from seattle! i do software testing by day, and cycling any other chance i get.

i also run veloroutes.org, a bicycle-mapping site.

goal for 2007? do the 206-milestp in a day, maybe on a fixie..
Welcome to Cyclingforums.com fixedinseattle

Just remember...

It's about the Journey not the destination

It's good to have an end to journey toward;

but it's the journey that matters, in the end.

Good Luck in each and every mile of the 206-miles!

Make every mile count!
[email protected]

fiets225.gif

Hey Im Jennifer from Australia, Im just getting into cycling for fitness and fun. I've had a bike for about a year bit didn't intend on riding it any further than a kilometer to get to the shop.

Im Liz, female, 33, computer programmer & Linux Sys admin.

I got into cycling as part of my weight loss plan but ended up *really* getting into it.

Ive lost 50kg/110lb and have another 30kg/70lb to go (at the time of posting).

Im married and have 4 kids, im the only one who seems to be into cycling in a big way in my family - which works well - my cycling rack only takes 3 bikes at a squeeze :)

I do about 20km a day to work and back plus 30km on the weekends with a group. Ive done a couple of races but currently im not booking any in as i plan to donate a kidney to my brother, so need to keep the schedule clear :)

I'm from upstate New York, I'm still in school. I really got into cycling last year, and got my first road bike last fall. :cool:

Hello everyone. I'm from Indianapolis, IN and I sell industrial cleaning equipment.

I raced road throughout high school and college, mostly criteriums, some road races...I haven't been on my road bike seriously in years, but I do a little mountain biking every now and then. I'm hoping to get back on the road this year for exercise and fun.

Hey everyone, great site. I'm from New Hampshire. Been riding for about 11 years now, getting slower and older every year! Bought a Kinetic trainer with the power computer, figured it's a way to get my foot in the door of power training until I can afford a power tap. Want to learn some of the terms and some workouts using the watts readings i'll get. I realize this isn't a true power meter but I can start comparing the numbers I get, at least. Any suggestions?

From Deep River, Ontario, and I'm a student. (gr.8) I also worked for 6 months as a ballpicker on the driving range at the golf course to buy my new bike.

I'm from the state of Washington, in the United States of America.

I work as a postal employee.

I've got a lot of bikes, mostly vintage.

NishikiPro

Hey, that veloroutes is really neat!

Thanks from 98055

fixedinseattle said:
hello from seattle! i do software testing by day, and cycling any other chance i get.

i also run veloroutes.org, a bicycle-mapping site.

goal for 2007? do the 206-mile stp in a day, maybe on a fixie..

Hey everyone, Im from South West Florida. I got sent to this website from another forum. And as I was looking around kind of got lost in the information. Im completely new to cycling. I've only been riding for about 3 weeks..I don't really have a training schedule or anything. Im just trying to feel my way around really and see where I want to go. I know I enjoy group riding. When I get on the bike I usually ride for about 25-30miles...I work at a bike shop but I've only been been serious about road bikes for a little while. Yes I know "You work at a bicycling shop but know nothing about road bikes." This is true..I used to Dirt jump bmx bikes so..that should explain alot. Anyways...Anyone have any suggestions for someone just starting out and wanting to get into racing..Only thing I really ever paid mind to was my speed on the bike on my ride im usually around 25-30...when I sprint i can get to about 33-35 but It's only maybe for a 1/2 mile a bit more.. suggestions on training or anything are welcome..

Cheers

If you "usually" go 25 to 30 and you can sprint 35, you're going to do fine.

Monst3r said:
Hey everyone, Im from South West Florida. I got sent to this website from another forum. And as I was looking around kind of got lost in the information. Im completely new to cycling. I've only been riding for about 3 weeks..I don't really have a training schedule or anything. Im just trying to feel my way around really and see where I want to go. I know I enjoy group riding. When I get on the bike I usually ride for about 25-30miles...I work at a bike shop but I've only been been serious about road bikes for a little while. Yes I know "You work at a bicycling shop but know nothing about road bikes." This is true..I used to Dirt jump bmx bikes so..that should explain alot. Anyways...Anyone have any suggestions for someone just starting out and wanting to get into racing..Only thing I really ever paid mind to was my speed on the bike on my ride im usually around 25-30...when I sprint i can get to about 33-35 but It's only maybe for a 1/2 mile a bit more.. suggestions on training or anything are welcome..

Cheers

Hi! I'm probably older than most of you. I'm also different from most of you in another way: I'm female.

I raced in the day when there were few women racers, and even fewer races for women, in the US. Also, I've done several tours in Europe, the US and Canada.

It's interesting to see cyclists from so many different backgrounds! :)