Where are you from,what do you do?

I'm from the Boston, Mass., area, where I have just relocated after living for 10 years in Washington, D.C. I'm a recreational cyclist who likes tooling around town or going out for 40-50 mile rides.

I'm from Saskatchewan originaly .
Right now I am living in Western Ontario about 150 miles north of the US border town of International Falls.
I try to do whatever gives me pleasure....and right now, I think that owning a recumbent trike would give me a world of pleasure.
Anybody know where I can aquire one ?
It would have to

fit a 6 foot, 350 pound overweight man-AY

I'm afraid that my goal for the first six months will be maybe a 7 mile trip to the local airport and return. The reason I chose that as a starting point is that it is also the 'forest fire' headquarters for this region and there are always quite a few pickups running around those roads......in case I need a lift !

tomoose

New to the fourm. I've been riding for almost 40 yrs. Just bought a Fuji Newest 3.0, gave my Absolute 4.0 to my wife. We, my wife, my kids, and myself, ride every weekend. My son just stole my Giant Warp DS1, and my daughter rides a Trek Mt 220. This past June we rode 100.1 miles on Cape Cod, not impressive except my kids were 7 and 9 at the time. We are working on getting them up to 50+ miles a day. They play hockey seven months of the year so its great conditioning besides we enjoy riding.

tomoose said:
I'm from Saskatchewan originaly .
Right now I am living in Western Ontario about 150 miles north of the US border town of International Falls.
I try to do whatever gives me pleasure....and right now, I think that owning a recumbent trike would give me a world of pleasure.
Anybody know where I can aquire one ?
It would have to

fit a 6 foot, 350 pound overweight man-AY

I'm afraid that my goal for the first six months will be maybe a 7 mile trip to the local airport and return. The reason I chose that as a starting point is that it is also the 'forest fire' headquarters for this region and there are always quite a few pickups running around those roads......in case I need a lift !

tomoose
How's it goin eh. We have made several trips to Canada, we've biked some of BC. I see alot of recumbants on the Katy Trail, Missouris 244 mile bike trail. Our local bike shop has one that is pretty sweet, even has suspension. I'll try to find out the make and model. They have it for $900 or so US. He offered to let me take it for a spin, but I haven't had the time. If you ever get a chance to make it south of the boarder, the Katy is great, spans over half of the state.

Hi, everybody.

I'm from San Francisco and have been riding a road bike for about a year now and am looking to tour. So I'll be asking your help on bike building, touring, etc. I'm currently riding a '96 Lemond Chambery but will be trading it in for a Surly LHT as soon as possible.

CptDestructo said:
Hi, everybody.

I'm from San Francisco and have been riding a road bike for about a year now and am looking to tour. So I'll be asking your help on bike building, touring, etc. I'm currently riding a '96 Lemond Chambery but will be trading it in for a Surly LHT as soon as possible.

Any pics of the Chambery ?
:p

Hi I'm form boring Fort Wayne.
In ugly Indiana.
you shouldn't come here.
unless you have no life.
But i ride my bike, cost me $10.
Yeah, used crapper and I only ride 10 miles a day.

I've been through Ft Wayne, it could be worse.....how about Gary IN. Jeff City is boring from a nightclub or partying standpoint, but clean, no crime to speak of, on the Katy trail, good schools, but no strip joints. And as long as you are riding, it doesnt matter what your bike costs.

stlblues said:
I've been through Ft Wayne, it could be worse.....how about Gary IN. Jeff City is boring from a nightclub or partying standpoint, but clean, no crime to speak of, on the Katy trail, good schools, but no strip joints. And as long as you are riding, it doesnt matter what your bike costs.
oh yeah gary oops forgot about that beautiful town. its great o yeah the stoning the smell the shooting

My son got me back into biking about 5 years ago. I now ride a "Frankinbike": Specialized Crossroads frame, Deore rear mtn hub with Mavic 700 c road rims; ITM stem; 46X T3 racing team drop bars w/STI; Dural Littus Fork and generic front wheel. All parts from Urban Ore (flea market store), Tinkler's Workshop (open bike shop with donated tools, new and used parts, old bikes, to teach Berkeley Youths how to build bikes, paid and volunteered staff) and some hand me ups from my son.

I picked up another wheel that I hope to replace the front wheel: its an Alex ALX 320 A Class EXA 700 c 20 spoke wheel 622x14, that needs a new hub. The flange is broken at the spoke hole. I went to Wrench Science, Preformance, and REI in Berkeley CA looking for a front hub. They told me to look on line, as the 20 hole spoke hub is not common and they have none in stock. They told me the Alex ALX 320 is a factory made wheel.

Anyone knows the exact name of the company that makes a 20 hole front hub, model number, etc. so that I can ask the correct question to get a replacement hub will be appreciated. The cheaper the better. My Frankinbike was put together for around two hundred dollars, stem and drop bars given to me by my son. A good hobby for me, a tinkler, cheap one at that.

My son got me back into biking about 5 years ago. I now ride a "Frankinbike": Specialized Crossroads frame, Deore rear mtn hub with Mavic 700 c road rims; ITM stem; 46X T3 racing team drop bars w/STI; Dural Littus Fork and generic front wheel. All parts from Urban Ore (flea market store), Tinkler's Workshop (open bike shop with donated tools, new and used parts, old bikes, to teach Berkeley Youths how to build bikes, paid and volunteered staff) and some hand me ups from my son.

I picked up another wheel that I hope to replace the front wheel: its an Alex ALX 320 A Class EXA 700 c 20 spoke wheel 622x14, that needs a new hub. The flange is broken at the spoke hole. I went to Wrench Science, Preformance, and REI in Berkeley CA looking for a front hub. They told me to look on line, as the 20 hole spoke hub is not common and they have none in stock. They told me the Alex ALX 320 is a factory made wheel.

Anyone knows the exact name of the company that makes a 20 hole front hub, model number, etc. so that I can ask the correct question to get a replacement hub will be appreciated. The cheaper the better. My Frankinbike was put together for around two hundred dollars, stem and drop bars given to me by my son. A good hobby for me, a tinkler, cheap one at that.

Living in Grand Rapids, MI for the past 5 years. Originally from Jackson, MI. I have been cycling for only the last 3 years and am excited about my progress. I hope to ride 2,000 miles this year, not a lot to serious cyclists, but big to me. Plus, I have signed up for the DALMAC ride, 330 miles in 4 days. I ride a Cannondale r900 CAAD8 Triple.

Most importantly, I just started a new club I am looking to expand around the state, country and who knows from there. It's called 'Spin Cyclers Co-Cycling Community' http://spincyclers.blogspot.com/ and http://www.bikejournal.com/club.asp?ClubID={76331B88-B455-477D-A4E9-D6F9073CE6CC}
I hope to have more branches start up on other cities and towns because I intend on this being a nation wide community club, raising money for charities and other helping organizations in need. It's about communities helping other communities.
So please take a look at the blog and journal pages and think about how you could help someone, or an organization in need in your area.

kslm68 said:
Living in Grand Rapids, MI for the past 5 years. Originally from Jackson, MI. I have been cycling for only the last 3 years and am excited about my progress. I hope to ride 2,000 miles this year, not a lot to serious cyclists, but big to me. Plus, I have signed up for the DALMAC ride, 330 miles in 4 days. I ride a Cannondale r900 CAAD8 Triple.

Most importantly, I just started a new club I am looking to expand around the state, country and who knows from there. It's called 'Spin Cyclers Co-Cycling Community' http://spincyclers.blogspot.com/ and http://www.bikejournal.com/club.asp?ClubID={76331B88-B455-477D-A4E9-D6F9073CE6CC}
I hope to have more branches start up on other cities and towns because I intend on this being a nation wide community club, raising money for charities and other helping organizations in need. It's about communities helping other communities.
So please take a look at the blog and journal pages and think about how you could help someone, or an organization in need in your area.
We have friends in Jackson, next time we are up there, we'll bring our bikes.

Great!! Send our links to your friends, all of them!! We are trying to stay in touch mainly using the Blog. (you have to sign up on Blogger to become a 'SC' member) Also look into the Bike Journal Club site.

We're small, but then again, so was Mother Theresa...:)

kurt

stlblues said:
We have friends in Jackson, next time we are up there, we'll bring our bikes.

I'm from Richmond, Virginia.

I'm a Regional Field Manager for an educational organization, so I travel quite a bit. Unfortunately, this limits my riding. However, I still manage to squeeze in around 100 miles a week most of the time.

I was raised in Fresno, California and I got into cycling in my teens after seeing Alexi Grewal win the 1984 Olympic Road Race. I was addicted to cycling throughout the late 80's and into the early 90's, then the responsibility of marriage and raising a family resulted in my giving up the sport until last fall.

Now I'm addicted again! I've lost 35 lbs and I feel almost like my oldself again (except I'm almost 40 now and don't recover as well as I used to)!

I absolutely love this sport. It's brought so much joy to my life:)

Afternoon Gents, the names Conor from Dublin Ireland. I am new to this site, and I'm looking forward to recieving expert advice, and getting into childish arguments with you all! until then....!:D

i am in virginia and my sister has inherited my dads trek w/ a pc9 paramount computer on it. can anyone please give us some info on the operating instructions??????
HELP!
tried sheltons site-no go-nothing
thanx
lori