Where are you from,what do you do?

ladyhawk7ieg said:
i am in virginia and my sister has inherited my dads trek w/ a pc9 paramount computer on it. can anyone please give us some info on the operating instructions??????
HELP!
tried sheltons site-no go-nothing
thanx
lori
Can't help on the computer, but Massenutten, 10 miles outside of Harrisonburg has some good mountain biking. We have a timeshare there and have ridden it a number of times...about 8miles of switchbacks down the mountain.

Hello !

My name is Pascal, and I am from France.
I am interested in the history of cycling in England.
Especially the history about the early ages (before 1900).

Pascal Lacroix said:
Hello !

My name is Pascal, and I am from France.
I am interested in the history of cycling in England.
Especially the history about the early ages (before 1900).
Posting here to try and stop the annoying reminder everytime I try to view a thread :D

Semi-new to cycling, absolutely love it.
Washington state, USA

Do: I just bought a used 1980's road bike. My first bike in 10 years. Right now I'm riding for fitness\commuting(soon), next year I'd like to look at doing some competitive riding. Currently, I'm riding 30min., 4 days\week. I'm not stopping riding because I'm tired, I just seem to run out of places to go. I think I need to become more aware of my range.

Anyway, here's a pic of my bike:
DSC00001.jpg

I have a new seat on it, and am seriously considering going SS\fixed on it. I'll see.

I'm a software project manager from Lancaster, PA. I'm just getting involved for cycling for fitness and recreation. I'm on a borrowed bike right now, but am shopping for my first road bike.

Thanks for this great resource.

Hi there, I am from Rockhampton QLD Australia, I work in the CQ coalfields and have got back into cycling about a year ago. I ride a MTB when I am away at work and a road cycle when I am home, look forward to picking up hints, ideas and swapping lies with middle age folks like me.:)

I'm from Melbourne and ride lots of different bikes, road, mountain, hybrid, tandem, single speed, anything I can throw a leg over.

Im from Newcastle England. Ride mountain bike for fun but looking to start road/cyclocross fun rides soon.

Hi my first reply

I am working in Sarawak, Malaysia (Borneo Island) as a forester.

On my bike most days but limited number of sealed roads so mainly MTB in the jungle on old logging roads and tracks. Can be tough in 35C heat with 98% humidity. I mainly race long distance, 24 hr races and adventure racing.

jamesbullen said:
Hi my first reply

I am working in Sarawak, Malaysia (Borneo Island) as a forester.

On my bike most days but limited number of sealed roads so mainly MTB in the jungle on old logging roads and tracks. Can be tough in 35C heat with 98% humidity. I mainly race long distance, 24 hr races and adventure racing.
Howzit,
Sounds like you get to do some awsome rides,post some pics so we can get jelous:D

Hi all. My first post. I live in Naperville, IL, am 55 years young and do some pt IT and management consulting. I just got (back) into biking last fall. Finished my first metric century on Sunday, 3:45 moving time. I ride a Specialized Sequoia Comp, and also have a 1975 Nishiki Olympic I bought right out of college. I have been working on speed with intervals and long sprints. My next goal is 100 miles. I think I will be ready on the 4th of July. At least in my mind...:rolleyes:

Welcome to the wonderful world of cycling. There are three bike clubs in your area, the Naperville, Elmhurst and Joliet clubs. They are all active and have many rides. You can check there websites for specifics. All three of the clubs will have invitional bike rides during the month of July.

I live in Lombard.

Marty Kotecki

Hello, I'm a Mechanical Engineering student at Mississippi State. I've just recently acquired an addiction for riding. I've been riding road for about 6 months ('06 trek 1500), I've had a bmx bike for a few years but never really got any good at street or dirt jumps (eastern reaper frame w/ lots of goodies), and I just recently picked up an '07 trek 4300 disc, so now the trails will be a lot more fun.

I live in Dallas, Texas, USA. 53 years old and just started riding again 2 weeks ago. I'm enjoying the feeling of biking again and can't believe I ever stopped riding.

I am a Legal Reference Librarian in Charleston, WV; I commute and run most errands by bicycle. While I have a car, I use it seldom, and only when absolutely necessary.

Hi,
I live in Vicenza, Italy, and I work for a big Software Company.
I start biking 3 years ago on an old Bianchi MTB. After 3 years I decided I prefer asphalt, and I'm now waiting for my new roadbike to be assembled by a local artisan.
I love the hills around here and I'm trying to ride every day after work and sometimes even during lunch break.

Elkhound said:
I am so, so sorry to hear this. How did it happen? How old was the boy?
Thank you.
My son was an adult age 42. My only child. He was riding his bike in Gainesville, Fl. The cops did not blood test or breathalizer. They said the man in the suv didn't smell like alcohol or act drunk. This happened May 7, 07. No charge as of now. They said my son had on dark clothes. My son did have on dark pants but his shirt was stripped white, lavender and blue. They said well my son had a back pack over that shirt. well that is true but the back pack is light blue. They said they couldn't find his back reflector. They also couldn't find his big gym shoe either. The man that hit him was going at least 60 miles and hour. the road was a legal road for bikes. my son rode all over from canada to fl and knew the safty rules.

hello ppl .............. im new to this site.,.......... im vry much interested in this ......... hope i get the needed informaitons............