Where are you from,what do you do?

gauravshah47 said:
hello ppl .............. im new to this site.,.......... im vry much interested in this ......... hope i get the needed informaitons............
I was sent this reply. may be a mistake. i am not sure about the ppl. what information are you interested in?

Hi
I'm from Corvallis, Oregon. Go Beavs! I am currenty living and working in Japan. I teach English at a junior high in the country-side in Kyushu, Japan. I like to ride my bike whenever possible. The roads here are great for cycling. I recently competed in a race on Iki island off the coast of karatsu. 600 cyclists in total. Good times!
Nice to meet ya.

Hello folks....

New guy from Philadelphia, USA here just getting into moutain biking to get in shape. Trying to make it goal to ride to work by July 1st. We'll see....I havent gotten my bike yet but later today I going to my LBS and purchase an '07 Giant Rincon.
Any tips on biking for the new guy?

Oh btw....I work at a piano restoration facility called Cunningham Piano Co.

heavy heart said:
I was sent this reply. may be a mistake. i am not sure about the ppl. what information are you interested in?

i stay in india ........... i want to know wat cycle should i buy for driving on road ?????? and for a starter wat will be the approx cost of the cycle ......... thnx.......

cyclingforums is my new addiction - Hello to all, I'm a 26 year old male from Hanover, PA, USA. I work in IT, and have gotten back into cycling after losing 50+ pounds since New Years (from 260 down to 207 now) working out heavily and going to Weight Watchers.

I ride a '98 Trek 7500 frame w/ no stock parts left on the bike - everything has been upgraded to make a great 700c fitness bike. I'm hoping to ride my first century (solo) within the next two weeks! :D

heavy heart said:
Thank you.
My son was an adult age 42. My only child. He was riding his bike in Gainesville, Fl. The cops did not blood test or breathalizer. They said the man in the suv didn't smell like alcohol or act drunk. This happened May 7, 07. No charge as of now. They said my son had on dark clothes. My son did have on dark pants but his shirt was stripped white, lavender and blue. They said well my son had a back pack over that shirt. well that is true but the back pack is light blue. They said they couldn't find his back reflector. They also couldn't find his big gym shoe either. The man that hit him was going at least 60 miles and hour. the road was a legal road for bikes. my son rode all over from canada to fl and knew the safty rules.
That is horrible. Again, I am so, so sorry. I wish there were something I could do; if there were, be assured I would do it!

Criminal sanctions seem to be precluded. Have you explored civil remedies against the driver? Nothing can bring your son back, but often the most sensitive part of a person's anatomy is his wallet, and you could sign any damages over to some suitable charity in your late son's name. (If you made it clear that this was what you intended to do, it may well influence the jury. This may sound coldblooded, but I used to work as a paralegal, so that is the way I am trained to think.)

Hi all

I'm Dave from East Sussex in the UK.

Road and Mountain Biker with the focus on the road ove the last 12 months.

Always out when time permits but a bit of a loner (Not through choice I might add) because the club run scene down here seams to be dwindling.

All the best

Listy:D

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
I'm from Perth in Australia. I ride my super comfy Sedona to and from work (it's a short ride, but it takes me a while) and cruise around on my Subzero on the weekends.

I'm recovering from a high-heels aggravated knee injury (MCL & ACL) at the moment, so taking it pretty slowly and being gentle with myself.

heavy heart said:
No, the reply wasn't sent to you specifically. However, this one is.

An e-mail is sent to you every time somebody replies to this thread.
You can unsubscribe to the thread in the personal settings somewhere.

I haven't done this on this site myself, and not 100% sure how, but I have on other sites I am on.

Sorry to hear about your son. That is truly tragic.
It is something my mother has worried about since I was 5!

I have been riding motorbikes for the past 30 years, and now spend ore time on the pushbike. Truth be known, we are more at risk on the pushbike!
Don't have the power to escape the danger.

Righto, the reason we are here:

I am from a town called Marton in New Zealand.
Population of about 3000.
It is 16k (10 miles) from my work at the Airforce base.
Perfect ride to and from work (well just slightly short if you want a 40 minute workout), but for 30 minutes of high intensity it is perfect.
Up hill and head wind home most days too!

Go for rides during my lunch break, and long ones in the weekend.
200k per week is no worries!

The weather is getting colder here, so it is a case of wrapping up warm for the winter at the moment.
Temperature can be ZERO in the mornings.

Hey everyone, I am Patrick. I am a History major at the University of Kansas. I used to ride everywhere I went until I was hit by a car. Now I am at it again (riding) and hope to get back into the best shape of my life.

so far I have studied contempary American, 19 century American, European 19 century, and early American development... but its not my major yet I'm transferring to a different school and I'm going to change it then.. I'm not sure what the focus will be just yet, but in the end i would like to be a high school teacher

Hey guys, I'm new here and fairly new to cycling. I had a road bike back in high school that a friend and I pieced together (he had a pretty nice trek), but I've been out of the game for about 10 years. Thinking about getting back in it, and came to lurk the forums and re-learn this stuff. I'm in the USAF and I live in Warner Robins, Georgia.

I am in Boone, NC. I am riding a Giant OR C2. I am averaging 35-40 miles per ride on my big days and 20 on my recovery days (flats). I look forward to many years of riding and the conversation here.:cool:

I grew up mountain biking in the mountains of Oregon... I'm now in my fourth year living in NYC and have been road biking for the past year. I've been slowly picking all this stuff back up.

As for what I do... I'm finishing up medical school and hopefully headed back west in a year.

I am Randy and I am from Richmond, Va. I am just getting into cycling as a cross trainer for fighting. I am a full time student at VCU with one year left, and work at a hospital as an orthopedic tech.

Live in State College, PA, home to Penn State University. Tons of great riding both road and mountian.

Hello everyone!

Just joined today! I'm 35yr old female mountainbiker from Hull !
I ride a black Klein Pulse II.
Anyone fancy meeting up for rides out in the local area???
Out of work at the moment due to being made redundant in March so have plenty of free time to ride! I'm a very creative and independant individual and would love to make some new buddies for riding,chatting,etc...by the way I have a wonderful man who I love dearly who has just bought his very first bike and needs inducting in the delights of mountainbiking...god help him! lol
Cheers!

Warriorpoetz :D