Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello, BikeWizard here, I'm in the land of blowing dust (Phoenix AZ, USA). I ride single track to and from work. Work involves running a bike shop among other duties. It's a pleasure to come across this site. Cheers. BW.

sperry here. richmond, virginia - USA.

i'm a web developer by day and mountain bike racer on the weekends. i just started riding a mountain bike a year ago after my girlfriend introduced me to the sport. i took off with it... started racing my first year. of course, i got hammered on a regular basis most of the year. i just got a road bike a couple months ago and love it!! it has already made an incredible difference on the mountain bike. hopefully, i will not be getting beat as bad this year once race season gets under way.

cheers.

I am from Dallas, TX, USA. And, I am an extremely unofficial systems analyst. That is the job I do, but I have no official job title. I came into the company through temporary and they got me through school. I have no idea what my real job duty list is. LOL Whatever my boss wants, I guess.

Anyone looking to hire a loyal, talented, enthusiastic, recent grad with 3 years software industry experience...let me know. I am willing to relocate! :)

Training: I started riding just a short 6 months ago, after not riding since I was 13. But, I am multisport training (triathlon). So, I don't exactly get out there for 35K every morning. I ride 2 to 3 times a week. My first Sprint Distance tri is end of June. I hope to do my first half-ironman next Spring.

Hi all,

Im Jon from Sydney Australia. Ride for Lidcombe-Auburn CC(any other LACCers here???). Like track better than road.
Pretty good forum, bit slow tho. Found this forum with all the extra time i have now that im injured.

I do Computer Science at UTS

catchya

hi jonny. what grade are you in?. im from qld. I also was in a crash about 9 weeks ago and still have 1 knee that is not fully healed so i cant ride much/hard. It realy sucks being injured hey. i hope you get better soon. some one in my club also broke a colar bone on the track it took about 8 weeks before they where biking again :mad:. Im also getting my helmet replaced using a helmet replacement policy though it seems to take a while ??? :-/. a expensive helmet is cheap if it can save your life though.

Hi Gear Grinder

thanks for the concern,

Im a C grader on road. Havnt started racing track yet but i dont want to do distance stuff just sprinting etc and what i have been training for since January.
I cant get back on the velodrome for 12 weeks cos my collarbone buckled when i fell on the track and got an operation to put a pin through the bone. Gotta get another one in 10 wks to get the pin removed. I can still do the stationary trainer and training rides once i get movement back ( just need to make sure i dont fall off on the shoulder til the pin is out, riding in the velodrome is too risky because it's my inside shoulder) and i can start weights once the op wound fully heals.

catchya

I'm Jason from Coquitlam, BC, Canada. I work in car audio - for the canadian distributor of several high end brands, such as Focal, uDimension, and Audiocontrol.

I started racing XC Mtn bikes in 1995. Been obsessed with bikes ever since, save 99-00, when I got out of it because I was burned out. But now I'm back in full force.

In 97 I also raced DH, Slalom, and then started getting into trials. Once I got back into bikes last year, it was full-on trials. Now my primary focus is still trials, but I am getting back into XC riding. Not sure if I'm going to race or not, but no matter, because I'm having a blast as is. I will definitely be at least attending all the local and semi-local events.

Here's my pride and joy..

10337025-92aa-02000180-.jpg

To all our new members, welcome to the best cycling bb on the web!

I'm from Idaho Falls, Idaho, U.S.A. Although this forum doesn't seem to have many members from the U.S. as yet, I'm hoping that this changes. There are plenty of cyclists here, although the sport is nowhere near as popular in the U.S. as it is elsewhere. Like many of the members who have replied to this post, I'm in the Information Technology field.

Hiya,

I'm an indirect tax manager for one of the big 4 auditting firms in Johannesburg, SA.

Recreational roadie, triathlete, mountain biker and adventure racer.

Dag, Dag

I live in Midrand, South Africa. I'm a Network Administrator, Training; I’m a Donwhiller turned Roadie so, anything that'll help me survive the 94.7 ;) ;D

;D After viewing for ages finally decided to register. Live in Johannesburg, work for a bank, married to a Colnago Dream Plus in Mapei colours. Done 5x Argus, 5x 94.7. Favourite Race is Kremetart (afrikaans for Baobab tree) in Northern Province, 172km stage race.

Hi All,
Just found this site and looking around.. I am from Ohio USA, network technican on third shift.. I am just a moderate rider and have joined the local cycle club to start riding more. My average is slow (14-15mph) and here there are lots of hills to climb..
With working night shift there are no rides in the mornings..
Is there anyone else that works nights and how do you get your riding in before going to work?? Thank you ???

Hey Trek 2300 - welcome!

Try posting your question in a seperate thread - it'll get more response that way.

I used to work nights - 12 hour shifts and ended up only riding on the weekends for what its worth.