Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by stella
do you ride in the winter?
stella

Hi Stella, yes I do ride in the winter, provided there is no snow,
ice, on road. Took a couple of bad falls last winter

I am 58 and live in Middle Tennessee, just east of Nashville. I have been lazing for for a long spell but my son has gotten me back on my bike. We mostly just use the back roads here as the drivers are pretty tolerant of everything.
As for the offroad part we use the TVA lands along the Cumberland River. Hopefully we will have a mild winter and can keep active.
My wife and I have our own business here checking court records.

Jim Lewis

Hi Thread,

Canadian, living in Paris, which sucks for biking except on weekends in either of the big parks (Bois de Boulogne or Vincennes) where there is a closed off cycling route and there are literally hundreds of riders out there... good for the Tour de France fantasy! Hoping to move to Basel Switzerland soon where the biking is great, empty roads 3 mountain ranges to choose from and the Alps within a couple of hours drive.
Wad (of love).

I wish I was as keen, as for the 35K in the morning. I get up at 5:45 and get on my Gym for a quick work out and only do an hour in the evening. At the moment, mainly on a turbo trainer but since I bought an L&S Arc I have been out on the road more. I have a paralysed right arm and would like to do something with the British disabled team. Oh by the way I am from an Island in the UK.

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I'm an RN from Columbus Ohio. I work all week in medical management and then teach SPIN class on the weekends and sub during the week. I love it, but I'm a klutz on a road bike...ended up having knee surgery because of a fall..so I am hesitant to get back into it. I do love reading your posts though. they are inspiring and fun!

Originally posted by Wild survivor
I wish I was as keen, as for the 35K in the morning. I get up at 5:45 and get on my Gym for a quick work out and only do an hour in the evening. At the moment, mainly on a turbo trainer but since I bought an L&S Arc I have been out on the road more. I have a paralysed right arm and would like to do something with the British disabled team. Oh by the way I am from an Island in the UK.

I was going to type, that you are ALMOST as hardcore as me. Getting up at that early hour. I wake at 4am, ride 100km in the beginning of a Canadian winter, near freezing weather. Then I finished reading your post. With your arm being the way it is. You ARE more hardcore then me :) Awesome......

Memph

Male a Hotelier by profession, from Manila, Philippines 30 resides also in Toronto, Canada. a roadie and mountain biker been cycling since i was 14 .

Originally posted by dasaint
Male a Hotelier by profession, from Manila, Philippines 30 resides also in Toronto, Canada. a roadie and mountain biker been cycling since i was 14 .

Where abouts you located???

Memph

I am in Manila right now. I reside at yonge and eglinton when I am in TO. But I plan to move to oshawa next tim e i am back

Originally posted by Memphmann
Where abouts you located???

Memph

I am in Manila right now. I reside at yonge and eglinton when I am in TO. But I plan to move to oshawa next tim e i am back

Cool, I'm not far from you when you were here, basically at Major Mac & Leslie.

Oshawa is a nice city. Have a friend up that way. Don't know how the cycling is there.....

Memph

Cool, I'm not far from you when you were here, basically at Major Mac & Leslie.

Oshawa is a nice city. Have a friend up that way. Don't know how the cycling is there.....

Memph

Hey thats great to hear hope I can hook up with you . kinda lonely cycling alone . Thats if you want to guide a slowpoke like me.:D

Hey thats great to hear hope I can hook up with you . kinda lonely cycling alone . Thats if you want to guide a slowpoke like me.:D

Always a pleasure to ride with someone on my off day. Keeps me from pushing to hard. Then again I could get dropped.

I actually went for a good ride this morning ouside. It was +14C here, awesome for Nov. Have been splitting time recently outside/indoor. Nice to miss the indoor......

Memph

I actually went for a good ride this morning ouside. It was +14C here, awesome for Nov. Have been splitting time recently outside/indoor. Nice to miss the indoor......

Memph [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't mind a bit of that, it's about 35C today here and I am debating wether I should go out for a ride later on this afternoon.

Send us some cold stuff will you!

Originally posted by Aussie cycler

Memph

Wouldn't mind a bit of that, it's about 35C today here and I am debating wether I should go out for a ride later on this afternoon.

Send us some cold stuff will you! [/QUOTE]

Would gladly swap you some weather. The only thing that drives me crazy about Canada is the fact that I can only ride outside 8-9 months a year.....

Memph

That would suck - At least we can ride here all year around although in summer when it gets to 45C, it is much better at the beach!!!!

That would suck - At least we can ride here all year around although in summer when it gets to 45C, it is much better at the beach!!!!

Also sure the eye candy is better at beach :) Envy u for your location....

Memph

Also sure the eye candy is better at beach :) Envy u for your location....

Memph

Thanks but apart from cycling and rugby, snow skiing is my next favourite sport so I envy you for your location. Must get to Canada sometime in winter!

Thanks but apart from cycling and rugby, snow skiing is my next favourite sport so I envy you for your location. Must get to Canada sometime in winter!

You & I are the opposite. Have little use for the winter. Use to live 15 minutes way from a first class ski resort in British Columbia. If I could move to one place in USA, would be "Death Valley". Would like to try Australia, but goes against what I belief in....

Memph

Hi, I live in Adelaide,South Australia and work as an Electrician. I recently had to travel to Perth for 6 weeks work and had the pleasure of participating in some spin training in Fremantle(Bike Force). I thought it was amazing...so I have just bought my first bike last Saturday...VERY EXCITING!!!!