Where are you from,what do you do?

My name is Pete,

I am from Bristol England,

I drive a truck.

I ride a Klein adept race mtb,

Been riding for about 1yr, Mostly for fun but to improve my fitness aswell.

G'day all - finally got round to registering ... I live in Melbourne & ride just for fun/fitness. Back on the bike after a long hiatus - used to race in my younger days, but now just enjoy the chance to get out in the fresh air & tap away.

Day job - Systems Engineer & new Dad :D

Hello, everyone! I live in CA. My first road bike(without index shift lever) was bought in eight years ago. I'm 18 now and I hope I could learn more about cycling in this forums.

Hey all, I live in Massachusetts, USA. I'm a Highway Engineer and rec. cyclist. Trying to get lean so i can try racing. Absolutely love cycling and my Masi. I'm afraid I'm getting to old to try racing though, (35yrs.old) but we'll see. Keep ridin'

Been a visitor to the forums for a long time and finally got around to registering. I'm a 21 year old Accounting and Finance double major at THE Ohio State University. I ride a Giant TCR 1 Composite and have various other commuter/fixie/cross bikes. GO BUCKS!

I am from upstate - NY. This is my second season riding - started with a Schwinn (Walmart) last year to see how I'd like cycling. Got hooked and upgraded to a Specialized Sequoia this past spring.

Professionally I work for a vision rehabilitation agency.

masi rider said:
Hey all, I live in Massachusetts, USA. I'm a Highway Engineer and rec. cyclist. Trying to get lean so i can try racing. Absolutely love cycling and my Masi. I'm afraid I'm getting to old to try racing though, (35yrs.old) but we'll see. Keep ridin'
Welcome, neighbor - what part of MA are you from?

Hello all,

Just found out about this forum, and have newly registered.

I am from Pembrokeshire, South-West Wales. I am 15 and am in the last year at school.

I have a job with SJA (st john ambulance) as a part time (although the hours i work, you could class it as full time) volunter.

I have only recently gotten into road cycling and have also got a new mercuiro road racing bike.

Unlike most of you on here, i have never taken part in any races etc, but i have taken part in the British Heart Foundation charity bike ride. That was 30 miles over some of the toughest (supposedly) terrain in wales.

I have had 1 stupid accident when i was 9yrs old, attempting to wheelie over a plastic bottle (turned out it was glass). Landed on it instead and handlebar went from underneath me, next thing i know im being carried over to my parents house by a neighbour, with blood dripping everywhere. Turns out i had broken my nose, and grazed my cheeks quite nastly.

I have also had another accident recently, although this was down to me being thick.

I lost my temper and decided to let some steam go via cycling. I hop on my mountain bike, and make my first mistake, i forget about wearing shoes.

I start cycling, and get to the end of the street, go to place my left foot on the pedal, and in a thick stroke of dumbness, put my foot through my back tire, thinking that was my pedal!!?

Went upto casualty and spent 5 hours there (usual NHS waiting times) and when i did get to see a doctor i was laughed at.

Funny now, wasnt then though, i only broke my big toe and badly bruised my foot, still hurt though.

If there is however something i would like to be rid of whilst cycling is my back problem.

As of yet i am awating my MRI for my back, some morning i can get out of bed, others i cant move, ive missed loads of days of off school due to this aswell.

My back has been like this since 2002-3 and has gotten worse.

But cycling is not something that will be given up light hearted!

Didnt mention this above my name is Nathan.

(ps: my username is supposed to say PembsCycler, did a typo isntead):mad:

Hi, I am from sunny Scotland. Used to cycle quite a bit when I was in my teans but neglected it for the last 10 years.

I have just got a Old Dawes super Galaxy, which I am hopefully going to be able to use to lose a bit of weight.

Its funny how the bug catches you, even though you have been away.

Thank you neighbor. I just found this forum and it looks cool. I am from the western (fly over country) part of MA. I'll tell you though for fly over country, some of the best riding is located right here. We got all the hills and long back country roads, its great. Where r u located? If in the west or central what part?
cyberlegend1994 said:
Welcome, neighbor - what part of MA are you from?

Hi all, I am from phils. but i'm in bahrain right now. I enjoy riding bicycle. hope i will meet more new freinds from this forum.
welcome me

:)

Hey there, my name is Christopher Martens,

I've rode BMX for the last 3 and a half years and have slowly been getting out of it lately. I started working as a photo editor for the local news paper where i live and also as a graphic design in my spare time at work, and i also do web design. I just started on a road bike august 1st to be exact and im loving it so far.

Hello all, :)

My name is Adam i live and work in Essex, England, and i cycle to get to work every now and then, and also for fitness, just in the process of buying a new road bike, riding a Trek hybrid at the moment but looking for a road racing bike with the aim of training with a friend and possibly entering a couple of local races

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here...I am from Upstate NY.....Wanted to say hello :)
I have been riding for about 2 years now, I ride a Specialized Dolce..and I love my bike!

I just found this site and I want to learn more about cycling.

masi rider said:
Thank you neighbor. I just found this forum and it looks cool. I am from the western (fly over country) part of MA. I'll tell you though for fly over country, some of the best riding is located right here. We got all the hills and long back country roads, its great. Where r u located? If in the west or central what part?
I'm in Plymouth - on the coast by "the rock". The Myles Standish State Forest, which is in part of Plymouth and part of Carver, has a lot of paved trails for riding on. They're very hilly and curvy though so more suitable for MTB than road, but lots of open roads in there as well. My wife and I are mainly MTB'ers but I'm starting to do some road riding as well, I have two neighbors who are big-time roadies.
Once again, welcome to the forum. :cool:

Hi, My name is Waldemar and I am a college professor and assistant technical director for the CAICO cycling team in Puerto Rico. I am also the webaster for caicoprocyclingteam.com. I ride a 2007 Fuji Roubaix Pro with spinergy xaero lite wheels.

Hello,

I live in Davis, CA, USA and study dendritic spines. It seems that I'm biking as a commuter at the moment, although I'm trying to figure out how to get to trails which are located not in my immediate presence (Davis is really flat and I don't think it's fun for mountain biking, but I might just not know where to go) and without needing a car (because I don't have one). This makes me really jealous of the dude from Plymouth.

However, I'm at this forum to see if I can get people to go down the pacific coast from Canada to Mexico next summer with me.

-Travis

I live in Ottawa, Canada and work for a Global company as a Business Development Manager to the Canadian Federal Government.