Where are you from,what do you do?

:) My name is Norman and I live in Brisbane. I am interested in picking up cycling as I have sport injuries that prevent me from running and playing soccer. Hence, I am here to learn from the cycling community much about the sport. I am currently looking for a road bike to get me started. Don't have a huge budget as I am an international postgrad at UQ:p. So really only able to spend very minimal for a bike ($500-700 if possible) :eek:. Really hope that I can find a good deal. SO if you want to upgrade your bike and getting rid of your old one..please send me an email. I am 1.74cm talk and weigh about 73kg (medium frame). Please pardon my ignorance about cycling and knowledge about bikes. That's why I am here..to learn. Thank you. :)

Norman Ng said:
:) I am 1.74cm talk and weigh about 73kg (medium frame). Please pardon my ignorance about cycling and knowledge about bikes. That's why I am here..to learn. Thank you. :)
Hi Norman and welcome. I hope you get a good deal on a bike but I really hope that you are actually more than 1.74cm tall! lol. :)

march2503 said:
Hi Norman and welcome. I hope you get a good deal on a bike but I really hope that you are actually more than 1.74cm tall! lol. :)
Ha ha:eek: what was I thinking..1.74m....thank you.:)

I live in Grove City Ohio USA and I work as a Maintenance Technician in a Manufacturing plant. I commute by bicycle to and from work most of the time (weather permitting). I do ride in the cold and rain but not the ice and snow. That's too dangerous. I ride 9.5 miles to work and 13 miles home due to crossing the Scioto river at Greenlawn avenue.

this is tom stanley. i am a business analysis for an insurance company.

I am in theprocess of reviewing 5 different comfort bikes. 1) theraleigh venture 3.0 or 4.0. 2) Giant Sedona & sedonaDX. 3) Marin Stinson. 4) Diamondback wildwood delux. 5) Jamis Explorer 2.0 most of the reviews I have looked are good reviews on all of them. I am leaning towards the Raleigh venture4.0 or Giant Sedona DX. do you know where I might finda lot more reviews on these bikes. they all eitherhave shimano acera or shimano altus for rearderailleurs. I had a Trek comfort bike for about 4months and had nothing but trouble with the shiftingboth front & back. the bike shop where I bought itcould not fix it. I returned it. it had shimano aliviofor a rear derailleur. thanks Jay for any help you cangive me. I appreciate it very much. Yours TrulyTom Stanleyemail - [email protected]

Norman Ng said:
:) My name is Norman and I live in Brisbane. I am interested in picking up cycling as I have sport injuries that prevent me from running and playing soccer. Hence, I am here to learn from the cycling community much about the sport. I am currently looking for a road bike to get me started. Don't have a huge budget as I am an international postgrad at UQ:p. So really only able to spend very minimal for a bike ($500-700 if possible) :eek:. Really hope that I can find a good deal. SO if you want to upgrade your bike and getting rid of your old one..please send me an email. I am 1.74cm talk and weigh about 73kg (medium frame). Please pardon my ignorance about cycling and knowledge about bikes. That's why I am here..to learn. Thank you. :)
Ciao Norman, please repost your request where more people may read it (cycling equipment or bike buying advice) so you can get more help.

And welcome on board!

Hi guys i am 57 yrs old have just purchased a $500 viventi novara sport road cycle from the EDGE cycle shop in Gosford to ride from woy woy to gosford each morning to worg. It takes me 30-40 minutes depending upon the winds. I have had huge problems with 8th gear on the back. they replaced the original cassette completely on warranty, then it went again within a month. it slips whenever I use gear 8. They refuse to replace it on warranty and maintain it is rider error. I am currently emailing viventi and shimosa but it is a brick wall. I think the cycle is a lemon and intend to see how many other customers have had issues with warranties. I'm no winger the cycle is not even worn in and its faulty I only purchased the cycle in September

Al:mad:

Hi all,

I'm newish in London, from rural Ireland originally, having spent the past few years in Dublin. Just suddenly realising I am 32 on a day to day basis.

I am finally getting my act together as regards the biking. Currently on an old Schwinn Mountain Bike, but looking to get a decent second hand road bike this year and I'm looking get into it all a little more seriously soon. I'm plan to tackle a small scale Sportive near London by the end of 2008, with a view to tackling something bigger next year - still to pick one, so any advice is welcome, but I'm sure I'll find some in one of the threads somewhere.

Hello,

Im from Xiamen in China. I started learning cycling when I was 10, then went to school by bike til graduated from the high school. At college, we going out sometimes by renting bikes from the renting stores. Sounds great when thinking back on these days. Haha

Hi,
I just joined up to try to get some help+advice about an old roadie I'm trying to resurrect. I'm in Melbourne (plug: Melbourne Cyclist) and have got back into riding after a few years off.
I'm about to return to uni after 15 years! Bloody scary.
Catch ya
ben

Hi, my name is Justin. I recently started college and began riding my bike regularly to and from campus. I just got a job at Peak Racks (www.peakracks.com)which has made parking my bike at campus so much easier. I now want to learn all I can about cycling and bike commuting, as it is becoming a passion of mine.
emsmile.gif

Here I am joining another online community. Hoping to meet that one special person that will thrust our worlds into Universal Oblivion........ Okay, WTF am I talking about!.......

Just another bike rider here, trying to avoid religious wars and persecutions through the repetitiveness of cycling. Wasn't it Einstein that said, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results was insanity"? I hope it doesn't lead to that!

Greetings Peoples!

Oh yeah, (where am I from?)....... San Jose, California...... Way out Left Coast style, if you hadn't noticed yet!

hi my name is Alex.new to road cycling. i still mountain bike but started on the road to get better on thr mountains.

Hi, been on a road bike for about 2 years, and have been training with a power meter (powertap) for about 15 months. I target challenging centuries, trying for 1 a month this year, so no racing as of yet. I ride about 1.5 hours each day (targeted training on the KK trainer) and go on a 3.5 ride on the weekend.

I have been reading posts on this forum for sometime and think its a great place to discuss training ideas/plans.

rodsteiger said:
How do you search these forums? I can't find a search function anywhere.
Hi,

New here as well. IT support from Perth, Western Australia.

The search function has been disabled as the spam was overloading the server whenever anyone does a search:(

je m appelle daniel je suis francophone je suis de la region de montreal j utilise mes velo été comme hiver pas pour m entainer mais surtout pour aller au travail et visiter les beau coin de pays je possede trois velo un trek 520 un evox le et mon cadilac un quetzal mikado(paraiso) je roule entre 3 mille km et 5 mille km par anneé BONJOUR A VOUS TOUS:)