Where are you from,what do you do?

hello there i am gary keen cyclist and have been cycling for 20 years i live in nerja spain and have just set up cycling holidays for cyclist that want to train over here i provide accomadation and food and take cyclists on routes if anyones intrested in coming over to spain for a cycling holiday send me a message and i will tell you more

[lang=nl]Hello bike friends,
My name is Krijn from the Netherlands and have been cycling for more than 40 years
Want to buy a new bike and like to know which reasons there are you better choose carbon, steel, aluminium, titanium or a combination like aluminium with carbon?:confused:
Now I have a Cannondale R1000 (aluminium) with Ultegra and it is a really good bike.
Best greeting to all of you
Krijn[/lang]

Hello friends,

James here from the Central Coast of California. I'm a webmaster and a Vemma brand partner with a passion for health, fitness and cycling. I cycle on a Raleigh mountain bike and just love the damn thing, from the mountain trails to the coastal shores. I'm no way a pro cyclist but just a simple guy who loves the freedom of rolling somewhere. Matter of fact - I'm rolling on right now to fetch some dog food.

Looking forward in reading some cycling stories and meeting great people.
Enjoy the rides!

Hi everyone, Lexi from the Southern Highlands, Australia. I've not long got into cycling. Where I live, there's lots of bush trails and I can cycle for miles, without passing a soul. I love to set goals and one of those goals is to ride to Adelaide, 1400 k's away. It will be a challenge for a middle aged frump, such as myself, but I'm working towards it. My other passions, outside my family, are short term share trading, reading and writing.

Hello,

Hope you get this message. This is my first time on this site. I am helping Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) in fundraising for their bike rides for 2010. It is ideal that you contacted me, b/c JDRF is sponsoring an event in Vermont. I am trying to get bike riders to participate in this ride scheduled for July. If you are interested, or know of other bikers who would be interested in this bike ride. I can provided you more information.

Take care and thanks for introducing yourself.

Eric

waizen said:
Just getting back into riding after a years-long hiatus. I'm a web site designer in Vermont, USA. I used to ride a lot in the '90's. Not much in the beginning of the century (work, school, family...the usual excuses).

This was my 50th Christmas, so I got myself a 'new' 2005 left-over Lightspeed Siena. My old bike (a circa '91 Specialized Allez carbon bike...remember the lugs?) is now going to do duty in the basement as my indoor trainer, giving me a head start on my season.

Glad to be back in gear.

Hi, I'm Bill, from Cape Cod MA. Retired Prof.Photographer. I was a very active cyclist in the 70's and 80's and attended the 100th anniversary of LAW (Newport RI) in 1980. Having been away from cycling for more than 25 years, at age 72 I am now ready do do some serious touring again.
Unfortunately my wife surprised me this Christmas with a New Specialized Tarmac Elite (2008). It's beauty but it is not meant for touring. So now I'm selling this and buying a touring bike.
Hopefully this will in the very near future.
Anyone interested in the Tarmac Elite? :)

Hi, I'm Bill from New Orleans. I'm retired USAF, my wife's a Navy Nurse stationed here in the Crescent City.

Started cycling about a year ago after a hiatus of many years. Just traded my Trek 7.3FX in on a 2.3, my first road bike.

We're heading to Sigonella, Italy in June, and looking very much forward to cycling in Italy and the rest of Europe.

Bill

Billcycle said:
Hi, I'm Bill from New Orleans. I'm retired USAF, my wife's a Navy Nurse stationed here in the Crescent City.

Started cycling about a year ago after a hiatus of many years. Just traded my Trek 7.3FX in on a 2.3, my first road bike.

We're heading to Sigonella, Italy in June, and looking very much forward to cycling in Italy and the rest of Europe.

Bill

Hi Bill, Glad to have you here. BTW, congrats on the Saints win. Hope they go all the way.
Italy and Europe by bike sounds like a real great trip. I hope you'll post some photos of your ventures.

Bill

Bill, thanks and thanks for the good wishes for the Black & Gold!!:D We're really excited, especially for the city and the fans who have been here through all the travails...we know the SB is long shot, but just getting there this year has been a lot of fun.

I also wanted to clarify on my original post--we're actually going to be assigned in Italy (Sicily to be specific), so we're looking forward to three years of exploring and riding!! Can't believe how lucky we got with my wife's orders!

Thanks again, hope I can get to an experience level where I might have some of use to offer the folks here!

Bill

My name is John I am 41 years old. I have always been interested in getting into bicycling seriously. It looks like it would cost a lot of money for a really good bicycle. I live in Ocala, Florida. I'm thinking of getting a starter bike where I can work up to 30 or 40 miles a day. Eventually I'd like to get to the point where I can get a bike where I'd ride across the US. I think I'd like to get a Cannondale road bike. I don't know squat about bikes and that is why I am here to find out what I need to look for. I also live near a big college campus. I was wondering if the used bike stores in that area is a good spot to get a really decent used cannondale at a bargain price?

Hey John, welcome from another newcomer here!

I'd suggest checking out some local shops in your area--some (like the one I use here) take bikes in trade, so they often have a pretty good selection of newer/used bikes for you to consider/choose from. Give you an example--I just traded a like new Trek hybrid on a new road bike. Somebody looking at that particular model is going to get a really nice deal on a very capable used bike.

The shop guy can answer all your specific questions--I know I had a ton when I decided to get back into cycling a year ago. Heck, I'd been away from cycling for so long I didn't even know how to find or work the shifters on modern bikes, LOL...

Knowing what size range of bike is best suited to you is probably the most important thing, IMO in looking at a new or used bike. Again, the shop guy can help you figure that out, though there's lots of advice at places like this and elsewhere on the web.

Bill

Hi! My name is Gary and I'm from Mesa, AZ. I recently bought a Schwinn 700c Varsity and absolutely love it! I am riding it now on my days off AND using it to ride back and forth to work (15 miles round trip).

I have absolutely no complaints except that my rear end is suffering big time from the rough ride. I didn't want to get a cruiser with all the suspension features because I wanted a light bike that was fast, and I got exactly what I expected.

I came here to look for information on a good online bike part store to get a better, more comfortable seat, and recommendations attributed to that. This is also my first serious bike (meaning more serious than a $100 cheap one), and I don't know much about the gear. I'm hoping to learn more here.

I am also into embedded systems and plan to integrate that into my ride. My Droid does a lot for me already (GPS, ETA, speed, etc), but access to those systems while riding is a chore. I'm working on a few systems to enhance my riding experience. But first! I need to take care of my tail end. It's just getting KILLED by the stock Schwinn seat I have on it now.

CHEERS!

Gary (Hopworks)

Hello,

I'm Jos and I live in the Netherlands. I ride an 1985 Raleigh racing cycle during the warmer season and also do some ATB biking in the winter.

Hi, I'm in Santa Barbara, a nubie to this forum, am in the process of restoring my '72 Masi Gran Criterium, and just picked up a GT LTS-1 mountain bike which I'm converting to a frame mount motor with a shift kit. (Beware the dark side, Luke...).I'm looking for some people with experience with this frame. I'll check some of the threads..:)

Hey, hey! This is Jerry in San Diego, CA. Me likey riding me bikey. Currently ride a Novarra touring bike and a Santa Cruz Blur. Hope to chat with ya' later.

Greetings,
I'm 55, started riding seriously in the mid 80s, did a century in 87, life got more complicated, and my bike went on the wall in the garage for over 20 years. Son pulled my bike down to ride, bought his own, got me into riding again, and I'm back to it. That might be the whole story up to this point, but a week ago I sat on a Thebis trike and I now think there's a trike in my near future. The Thebis is a delta and, from what I've read, a tadpole is more what I think I'm looking for. So now I'm in the research mode...