Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I live on Whidbey Island in the Pacific NW of USA. I'm 48yo male, enjoy commuting to work by bicycle, riding recreationally around Washington state, and also some amateur road racing. I have enjoyed reading the forum from time to time and finally decided to join.

They call me Big Bobby i am 6'6" and weigh 265lbs ,and I love to ride my bike ,its the best way i have found to stay fit and enjoy this beautiful country I live in .I hail from Waterloo Ontario Canada ,I have roots in Germany and travel there from time to time

I enjoy fixing up clunker bikes that people tell me can't be repaired and build a fair few bicycle trailers in my spare time

Greetings to All

Hello from Southern California. I'm 67 years old and too stubborn to retire.Still working part-time as national sales manager for a small manufacturing firm.

I've been a fairly serious bike rider for more than 40 years, raced crits and velodrome throughout the 70's and 80's; did some coaching. I ride a Pinarello Prince, great machine.

Staying in great shape is a good reason to ride, but I ride primarily for the pure joy, freedom and speed of riding - been addicted for decades and have no plans on slowing down anytime soon.

I live in Vancouver , B.C. I spin 3-4 times a week, run, strength train at the gym. I am an RN. I love cycling and bought what I considered to be my first nice bike 25 years ago and recently bought a Giant 3 years ago and it helps me keep happy and healthy!

Hello!,

I am from Wisconsin, USA, and joined this forum to communicate to a broader audience.

I am Co-Founder of Green Grips, LLC. We manufacture and distribute Eco-Friendly and Organic Cotton Handlebar Tape.

I am not joining this forum to try and sell my products online. Rather, I am reaching out to a professional audience to get input, feedback, and for you to test the products that we make!

I am looking for more professional reviews of our product in the cycling industry, and this is where I am looking!

Also, I am in search for Independent Sales Reps to pick up our line of grips and sell in their designated areas.

If you are interested please respond to my thread!

Hi everyone
I´m from Finland and have only few years behind with road cycling. What a great sport! I used to run, but got probs with my knees and hip. After that I bought my first road cycle. That was it :)
Now I´m waiting new bike, which should be here in a month. After Giant I wanted to buy Cannondale Six carbon, which felt really good after quick testride. Next I´m planning to buy powermeter, when I can convince my self that I really need it :rolleyes:

fincycle said:
Hi everyone
I´m from Finland and have only few years behind with road cycling. What a great sport! I used to run, but got probs with my knees and hip. After that I bought my first road cycle. That was it :)
Now I´m waiting new bike, which should be here in a month. After Giant I wanted to buy Cannondale Six carbon, which felt really good after quick testride. Next I´m planning to buy powermeter, when I can convince my self that I really need it :rolleyes:

Hi, Very nice sounds like you are investing your dollars in a wise way.... lotsa pleasure and fitness awaits you. I'm going for a cycle after my coffee am doing a long ride (for me) Maybe 60k only my third ride this year. Its a little sunny here and 11degrees Enjoy your new bike sounds wonderful!

Laurie Larocque said:
Hi, Very nice sounds like you are investing your dollars in a wise way.... lotsa pleasure and fitness awaits you. I'm going for a cycle after my coffee am doing a long ride (for me) Maybe 60k only my third ride this year. Its a little sunny here and 11degrees Enjoy your new bike sounds wonderful!

Hi just read your reply to fincycle, 11 degrees? wow, was that F or C. I just finished an 80K ride in 75F here in San Diego. Beautiful day, great ride!

Hi, I'm Michael and I am a bike addict. I started riding last fall as a way to get around town while going to University, and fell in love with it. I now plan to go across Europe and Asia after I graduate, and probably end up living somewhere over there.

Hi, I'm Mason, from St. Louis-- living in Broad Ripple Village, Indianapolis. I stock produce at a Kroger while figuring out how/where to finish college. I'll get around to it.

I'm getting back into cycling as a commuting thing to do, as well as a fun thing. I'm not into the athletic aspects, although Velodrome racing is fun to watch sometimes.

I also play a little music, guitar and banjo, and enjoy searching for interesting vinyl at junk shops.

heiderb said:
Hi just read your reply to fincycle, 11 degrees? wow, was that F or C. I just finished an 80K ride in 75F here in San Diego. Beautiful day, great ride!

Hello there, nice to meet you. San Diego sounds so lovely I want to visit there one day! Great the weather and your ride entertained you today! I just got back from my ride. It was a bit of an adventure. One killer long hill maybe it was 3 k long up to Simon Fraser Univ. I didn't get out of my seat going up so that feels good. I was soo scared I got caught on the freeway all the way back. Poor planning or lack of rather! I had to get off my bike due to construction and barely passable shoulder for a long distance.It was terrifying I almost got blown off my bike and driving thru mud well you can imagine what that does to your straight path. The 100 k traffic was flying by and because the roads were full of debris including mud, refuse etc so I had to walk if you can believe it! I'm a girl and so because I was so afraid I started counting backwards from a 100. I kept thinking I'll be grateful to get out alive. Anyways it really was very unsafe. I won't let that happen again. The rest of my ride was nice. Here in Vancouver BC it got to be around 16C or 61F roughly so it = a pretty nice day! Happy cycling!!!!!

Am a 50 year old road warrior from the Philippines. I try to keep fit by riding my road bike on weekends and doing weight training three times a week. I ride a well-used Merida 105 racer bike.

Been thinking of buying one of those mountain bikes and try them out. Our road are like off-road trails... hehe... lots of potholes and surprises.

bullyvard said:
Am a 50 year old road warrior from the Philippines. I try to keep fit by riding my road bike on weekends and doing weight training three times a week. I ride a well-used Merida 105 racer bike.

Been thinking of buying one of those mountain bikes and try them out. Our road are like off-road trails... hehe... lots of potholes and surprises.

Hmm Philippines cool! well here in Vancouver we have lots of trails I hadn't really thought of that! What would that be like? I like wide open spaces although I love the forest and greenery. I've not heard of your bike. Glad to hear what differnet people elsewhere like to ride. This is a nice time of year as seasonal riders comes out! Happy riding!

I'm 62 years old and have been riding seriously for over 20 years. I primarily ride on the road, but I also enjoy mountain biking. I do most of the work on my own bikes.

rmr1923 said:
Hi everyone, I'm from Houston (Memorial area) and I'm an accountant by profession. My real passions are cars and guitars though.

Hi, Terrial here. I'm from Mesa, Arizona and right now I goof off alot.:) I ride a Motobecane 2000, however I'd gotten a rear tire blowout on the way to a meeting this am and walked towards the store to pick up a tube and possible tire though I love my bike dearly I'm a bit mift at myself for I can't for the life of me remember what size or even exactly what my bike is. So I'm here trying to find a picture and spec's on it and not having much luck you see I'm also 51 and not very up to par on this internet sh.. and I'm starting to get annoied. Is there any help out there ( reason I question tire and tube size is because I recently changed the tube on my friends bike and I know my tires are bigger than heers and hers was a 26 inch) yes just go and look fool however where the bike is and where I'm at is a mile walk and I'm really not feeling it at the moment. Again is there anybody out there?:confused:

Hello, my name is Sergio...from Weston, Florida

I have been riding for almost one year, all I want to do is learn more about the sport, and provide anyone with any knowledge I can.

terrial said:
Hi, Terrial here. I'm from Mesa, Arizona and right now I goof off alot.:) I ride a Motobecane 2000, however I'd gotten a rear tire blowout on the way to a meeting this am and walked towards the store to pick up a tube and possible tire though I love my bike dearly I'm a bit mift at myself for I can't for the life of me remember what size or even exactly what my bike is. So I'm here trying to find a picture and spec's on it and not having much luck you see I'm also 51 and not very up to par on this internet sh.. and I'm starting to get annoied. Is there any help out there ( reason I question tire and tube size is because I recently changed the tube on my friends bike and I know my tires are bigger than heers and hers was a 26 inch) yes just go and look fool however where the bike is and where I'm at is a mile walk and I'm really not feeling it at the moment. Again is there anybody out there?:confused:

funny thread!!!!!!!

Hello, all

I'm a retired RN, living East of Boulder, Colorado. I graduated from a Trek "Navigator" to a "Long Haul Trucker" a month ago, and am training to do the 290-mile ride to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival in June.

Any training tips/experience in doing this ride, would be appreciated.

Cheers,
MtnRose