Where are you from,what do you do?

I'm JP, I live in Middle TN. A few of my friend recently yalked me in to riding with them...they went out and got brand new Treks...I went out and got the cheapest thing I could find, an early 80's Schwinn Traveler :)
As soon as I get new tires/tubes on it, and get it a tune up....I will be a riding fool :p

Aside from cycling; I'm an avid paintballer, and a pretty awesome dad

-j

Hi
I am live in London and am trying to work out which bike to buy. I am a mother of 3 young children. I am looking for a bike for short trips to the shops, taking the children out on rides and eventually taking them to school by bike. I am agonising over whether to get a Pashley but am concerned it may be too heavy - there are some hills (mostly gentle) around where I will live (Golders Green, Hampstead, Hampstead Heath, Hendon) and some off-road tracks through the heath. I really like the position that the Pashley makes one ride in (sitting upright) and when I tried it, it felt fantastic (but was on a flat road). Please feel free to give advice.
Thanks,
Adrienne :)

I am a 55 year old man in eastern PA, near Philadelphia.An avid cyclist for 20 years, getting back in the sport after a hiatus. I am active in working on the local cycling scene, i.e. Philadelphia International race and Univest GP. Also worked two years ago on Tour of PA. My favorite bikes are my Lynskey Custom Ti and my Felt F2C. Not rich by ant means, but rich in my family, the beautiful cycling area I live in and the beautiful bikes I ride. Cycling has allowed me the priviledge of meeting some wonderful people.

johncito said:
I am a 55 year old man in eastern PA, near Philadelphia.An avid cyclist for 20 years, getting back in the sport after a hiatus. I am active in working on the local cycling scene, i.e. Philadelphia International race and Univest GP. Also worked two years ago on Tour of PA. My favorite bikes are my Lynskey Custom Ti and my Felt F2C. Not rich by ant means, but rich in my family, the beautiful cycling area I live in and the beautiful bikes I ride. Cycling has allowed me the priviledge of meeting some wonderful people.

Welcome. Where are the pictures of your bikes?

Hey I'm Westy

Currently in Richmond at the RAAF base, Sydney. Grew up in Port Macquarie though.

Lived in Newcastle for a year and did just a little bit of riding on the trails behind the John Hunter Hospital. Then my bike got stolen at Richmond (2007 Mongoose Tyax Super). Bought a 2009 Giant Talon and just took it for a spin out in yellomundi, some nice little basic trails there.

So yeh not heaps of experience in actual MTB riding but looking to get into it more.

I'm 180cm and 77kg, basic athletic build, just in case you like to visualise a member haha

I am originally from Detroit, MI. I am serving in the U.S. Army currently and live in Junction City, KS. I just recently purchased a 2011 Giant Escape 2. I love it already. I am riding for fitness and the relaxation and beauty of the open road.

Jdaddy615 said:
I'm JP, I live in Middle TN. A few of my friend recently yalked me in to riding with them...they went out and got brand new Treks...I went out and got the cheapest thing I could find, an early 80's Schwinn Traveler :)
As soon as I get new tires/tubes on it, and get it a tune up....I will be a riding fool :p

Aside from cycling; I'm an avid paintballer, and a pretty awesome dad

-j
Congratulations...it's good friends that encourage (yalk) you into riding. You're going to love it, but continue to be an awsome dad first.

;)Hello from sunny Scotland, I am JS and live near Glasgow. Been riding on and mostly off for years but intending to stick at it this time around for healths sake. Don't really mind whether i am out on my road bike or mountain bike, just getting out is a buzz. My 4 year old has just got off her stabilisers and wants to come on every ride with me GREAT!
As I am getting on a bit now I will be taking it easy for now.

Hi, from Tulsa, OK.

I am a 29 year old guy, I recently got back into bicycling this summer and have worked up to bicycling to work every day. I currently average 120 miles per week, my goal is to hit 250-300 miles per week by the end of summer.

I ride a 5 year old trek mountain bike, with kevlar tires weighing in at roughly 50lbs total. I have been trying to figure out why I feel so fatigued so much, I suspect I may be leaving stuff out of my diet or something. I hope to glean what I need to know from you folks.

Oh, a dream of mine is to find a partner to go tandem cycling with. Guy or gal, I just want the experience.

Hi my name's Felipe and I'm 19. I picked up biking as a way to get around the city of Chicago a little quicker than the public transit system allows me to.

I used to have a schwinn world tour fixed gear conversion but got hit by a car. The frame's gone, but I'm working on building up a cannondale r600. When I had my bike I would ride maybe 30 miles a day (almost 50km a day).

Quercetin said:
Hi my name's Felipe and I'm 19. I picked up biking as a way to get around the city of Chicago a little quicker than the public transit system allows me to.

I used to have a schwinn world tour fixed gear conversion but got hit by a car. The frame's gone, but I'm working on building up a cannondale r600. When I had my bike I would ride maybe 30 miles a day (almost 50km a day).

Ouch! I am sorry to hear that you were hit; are YOU ok? Has it affected your ability and desire to ride?

Kathleen Forero said:
Ouch! I am sorry to hear that you were hit; are YOU ok? Has it affected your ability and desire to ride?

I'm fine, I was lucky I turned into the car last second, which effectively shifted my headset and allowed me to roll onto the car's windshield.

It hasn't effected my desire to ride, although not having a bike makes me want to ride even more.

Quercetin said:
I'm fine, I was lucky I turned into the car last second, which effectively shifted my headset and allowed me to roll onto the car's windshield.

It hasn't effected my desire to ride, although not having a bike makes me want to ride even more.
Glad you're OK. Welcome aboard. :cool:

Noontidal said:
Hi, from Tulsa, OK.

I am a 29 year old guy, I recently got back into bicycling this summer and have worked up to bicycling to work every day. I currently average 120 miles per week, my goal is to hit 250-300 miles per week by the end of summer.

I ride a 5 year old trek mountain bike, with kevlar tires weighing in at roughly 50lbs total. I have been trying to figure out why I feel so fatigued so much, I suspect I may be leaving stuff out of my diet or something. I hope to glean what I need to know from you folks.

Oh, a dream of mine is to find a partner to go tandem cycling with. Guy or gal, I just want the experience.

Good to hear that you are so committed to your bike, your fatigue my be due to with your diet but just start simply by making sure you have enough recovery time between rides. If you want to do lots of miles then make sure that your riding intensity is not to high, don't push big gears concentrate on your leg speed (cadence) which should be high. Look at professionals like Armstrong .

Hey my name is Rob and I just recently moved to Mays Landing NJ. I starting riding a friends mountain bike about 2 weeks ago and just got my first road bike this last Friday! It's a Scott S50 and i'm loving it. So far in the 5 days of having he bike i have put 200km on it including 77km day on Monday after work :) I'm riding at around 29kph just trying to keep my legs moving the whole time. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted haha i just wanna go fast!

Hi everyone my name is George.
I am from Bay City Texas.
I ride a Specialized Crosstrail. Only been riding for a short time.
I'm am a Turf Farm manager.

Hi Everyone...I'm another new guy...I live in the East Bay in Northern California. I'm retired and I've taken the bike down from the rafters in the garage where it's pretty much resided since I purchased it back in '97. I'm hoping to shrink the waistline as my bike and I get to know each other...

Hi Raj here. Just joined the forum. Have just launch an interesting new bike business which is truly unique. Please check it out at www.myvelo.co.uk Would love to get your views good and bad.
Raj

Hi everyone! I am new to the whole road bike experience and I was hoping to gather information on what I would need in a entry level road bike.

I can't wait to get setup so I can ride around town and on our community walking/running/biking path called the Greenbelt.

Cole