Where are you from,what do you do?

What's up everyone? I'm just getting into road biking. Have some friends at work that ride and got caught up in it. I'm active duty Air Force for 22 yrs. Aircraft mechanic by trade but a manager for the most part now. Been all over the world and enjoyed every minute of it. Looking forward to learning some of the in and outs and figuring out the training required to get better and perform my best

Hi waOelm, we are up to 14 hours and 42 minutes of daylight now. daytime temps will break 50 this week so not much longer wearing the overboots and heavier clothes, can't wait.

I live in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains in the Santa Cruz, Ca area. I ride mtbs, road bikes, and ride the pump track down the road.
I'm self employed so I get to ride quite a bit.

Originally Posted by cyclingmala .

hello, Im from Vésenaz
Switzerland

I have good friend in Switzerland. Not sure how close he is to you but maybe you could hook up with him sometime for a ride.

hey, I'm from, PDX, aka Portland Oregon. Born and raised, but hit the road (solo) at 16. am now 44 and still bombin' 'round. My primary interest is in touring, though, I was dablin at cyclocross back in '95. Am on a serous kick about "retroing" modern bikes with antique equipment and modern remakes, and then it's off to the ole black and gold again.

I live in Oconomowoc, WI. I'm 30 years old, and I currently build computers and servers for a living. I used to ride mountain bikes mostly, but I recently got into road biking. I switched from construction to my current job 2 years ago, and now I can commute by bike to work. I'm loving every ride I get on my Trek road bike now, and I still mountain bike from time to time.

Hi all,
[SIZE= 10.5pt]My name is John and I am a PhD student currently doing research in Sport Psychology at UNE, Armidale NSW. I am a passionate about any type of competitive cycling. Currently I am a member of the Armidale road cycling and New England MTB clubs. My main motivation for joining this forum is to talk to like minded riders. However, as a researcher I am also looking for help with my research from interested individuals who maybe able to willing to do a survey I am currently running. [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt]My research topic is called Buddhism on a Bike: Tailoring Mindfulness-Acceptance to Promote Flow in Competitive Cyclists. If you have a spare 20 minutes please have a look at the link below, it will take you direct to my syrvey. It would be great if you could help out by completing it[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt]Understandably finding 20 minutes out of a busy life style to do a survey is extremely hard. However, by participating you may actually be making your first steps towards modifying your awareness and the relationship you have with your thoughts (i.e., “turning toward” rather than “running away from” potential difficulties, anxieties, self-doubt and pain) in a way that will increase your enjoyment and performance while training and competing in your chosen cycling discipline. [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt]The ultimate aim of my research, guided by this survey, is to develop a tailored 8-week mindfulness protocol specifically aimed at training competitive cyclists to use mindfulness-acceptance skills (meditation and mindful-spinning) to reduce concentration anxiety disruptions by increasing present-moment focus (i.e., the “turning toward” one’s attention and awareness of prevailing sensations and emotions) on the task at hand to promote peak experience (flow) and optimal performance. Beyond the enhancement of physical and mental skills on the bike, this research also seeks to promote the enhancement of psychological well-being in all domains of life. [/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt]Survey link:[/SIZE] [SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= #800080]http://unebcss.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bpIazJQL0Y4ebsw[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt]I really hope some of you will be as interested as I am in my work, it draws together my two passions; cycling and sports research. Mindfulness is a relativly new concept to sport, however, it is a concept that is being recognised and embraced by athletes in many sports world wide. Take the challenge and have look into what mindfulness is all about.[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt] Thanks, I would like to hear any thought or questions you may have. [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt]John [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt] [/SIZE]

Current Location: Kansas USA

Union: IBEW LU #1925

Most work: Nuclear Power Houses as Nuclear test tech
Occasional work: Power houses, car plants, chemical plants etc as Inside Journeyman Wireman
Home business: Making soaps, candles, body butters etc...

Other interests: Musician, songwriter, scuba diving, fishing, camping

Bicycle: 2012 Trek 7.2FX (Navy)
FIRST BICYCLE OWNED SINCE AROUND 1985

Riding: Recreational & Fitness
No interest in racing, in any form

Age group: 50+

Regards, Reid

I live in Tucson, Az. Got back on the bike a few months ago after about a decade+ of not riding (or doing anything active). Training for a century this November using Chapple's base building book. Work as a software engineer during the day. Have a 2011 Giant XTC 29-1 and a 1997 Bianchi CDI. Riding about 100 miles a week right now with two days of weight training.

Hey everybody.
I live just outside Nashville, TN. Been wanting to get into cycling for a while and now have the money. Just cannot decide if I should fix an older road bike(that fits me) I found or get a "new"(used) one. I current work as a Physical Therapist Tech, probably going back to school to become a PT Assistant.

I'm in CO...now in preventive medicine,...career transition from misfit technology analyst. Hated it...and still on computer too much.

Just ride my Cannondale Hybrid around City Park that I bought at a pawn shop and rebuilt with bits and pieces I've collected.

Ride Lincoln, NE. It's a tough job, but.......you know the rest. I'm a 70 year old retiree, riding to stave off cardiac issues and because I simply, thoroughly enjoy it (except in strong wind).
I wish I'd started 50 yrs ago. I have three courses I ride: a short 12 mile, mid length 17 mi and the longest at 21mi over the Lincoln city trails network. Not even close to the distances that some of the experienced riders tackle, but it keeps off the unwanted weight and keeps that pesky blood chemistry profile in some semblance of normal.
I ride a Felt F55 that I found about 8-9 months ago and also own an older Giant Yukon MTB that I rode extensively until I got the Felt and still do, when the weather, or other conditions dictate. Currently I'm waiting to find the appropriate Felt Z-series bike (a little more upright), but 61cm frames aren't common and 58cm is too small. That's enough about me.....og

Alexandria, VA
24 years old
Marketing and Communications for a national non-profit
Was big in to mountain biking in high school, but football capitalized my time in college, so cycling was put on hold for a few years.
A new mountain bike was one of my first "real world" purchases. 2010 Novara Ponderosa 29er. Great bike for me, but nothing too special (or expensive).
I Live in the city now; not as many opportunities to use the 29er, so I picked up a sweet Austro-Daimler Vent Noir II that I'm restoring.
Ride to work ~95% of the time, rain or shine.
Other than commuting and pleasure rides, I do a couple centuries throughout the year (even did one on the 29er with knobbies before I got a pair of slicks to switch out when not on the trails).
Looking to add more rides and maybe some races to my calendar as I get more into the swing of things.

We have a pretty geographically diverse bunch of people on CF!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada and I'm 14 years old and my name is Nathan . I raise pigs and keep 5 hives of bees, which I hope to increase to ten by the end of the year. My interests are biking, birdwatching and feeding, and classic cars(one day I hope to have and drive one). I am only allowed to bike 1/2 a mile from my house when I'm alone, which sortive cuts down on the biking I can do, since biking back and forth gets boring.

Nathan

[SIZE= small]Hi![/SIZE]

[SIZE= small]Jim from Ireland and living in Sweden..[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]I'm glad to be part of the forum, thank you![/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]Too old to play Gaelic Football and back on the bike after too many year.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= small]All the Best[/SIZE]
[SIZE= small]J.[/SIZE]