Where are you from,what do you do?

This is a hard question. Right now I am in Romania and I can't get a bicycle more often than one time in several months or sometimes even a bit more often. I like very much biking but can't go as often as I would like to tours and trips on bike. So I keep my condition by running, jumping, exercising.
Well, I just need to accept the condition till next time.
I used to live for a time in Denmark and that time I was biking almost every day. Danish people are lucky for living there. It's a true culture for biking.

http://www.themodernman.com/how_to_get_a_girlfriend.html

Hi

I'm Sam from the UK. I've been on bike rides over the course of my young life but never anything serious. I'm starting to change that as I break a habit of 25 years and finally get trim. So I'm here to learn about the things that I never consider - my first quest is to organise and find the panniers and what have you to get it to fit to the bike.

I run my own film production company, and do a bit of teaching part time to give back to the university that I studied at.

Anything else you want to know I'm an open book.

Hey! :) I'm from America and I bike every night. Like to make a few biking friends. I'm a female named Walker, I have a boy/girl name lol

I'm from NJ and older and very new to cycling.

Wife wanted something we could do together so we got bikes several months ago.

I just added a ROAM 0 to go along with the comfort venture bike I have and use with the misses.

I'm reading up on riding and maintanence and really am getting hooked on the sport.

I'm a Brit living in Ottawa, Canada who is in the middle of his mid life crisis. I spent the last 15 months and the next four competing in ever-increasing foot races, but after I complete my last marathon (for a while) I'm planning to give my knees a rest and spend next year doing my first Olympic triathlon followed by the London-Paris ride. I've had a mountain bike for years, but now I'm making my first foray into the world of road biking and hoping that the forums will guide me as I go.

Hi guys! Donald, from Arlington VA Im a little high school kid :) I dont train, or race, but I love the mechanics of bicycles. I work at Revolution Cycles part time and volunteer at Phoenix Bikes on off days. My biggest dilemma is trying to fit work school and free time together. Im in the process of making myself a fixie out of an old Free Spirit, which I will attempt to paint myself, after practicing alot. The Free Spirit is tp classic to destroy. Im mostly here to try and learn everything i can, some of these forums are very helpful.

Hello,
My name is Greg Gutierrez, I am from Sacramento CAL. I am a member SABA Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates. I have a new website that cyclist can log their miles and see their progress with great graphics. www.1090bicyclesociety.com Ride, log and blog.
Best Regards,
Gregorio Gutierrez
Founder
1090 Bicycle Society

Hey guys my name is Mike and I am 21 from CT. I just recently got into cycling with my girlfriend of nearly 6 years! We got our bikes from Pedal Power, a Felt Z85 and a Felt ZW95. So far so good!

Originally Posted by donaldrunner .

Hi guys!
Donald, from Arlington VA
Im a little high school kid /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
I dont train, or race, but I love the mechanics of bicycles. I work at Revolution Cycles part time and volunteer at Phoenix Bikes on off days. My biggest dilemma is trying to fit work school and free time together.
Im in the process of making myself a fixie out of an old Free Spirit, which I will attempt to paint myself, after practicing alot. The Free Spirit is tp classic to destroy.
Im mostly here to try and learn everything i can, some of these forums are very helpful.
Phoenix is a great concept. Keep at it, Donald

For those of you who aren't in the area/don't know what Phoenix does:
http://www.phoenixbikes.org/

The CNN video sums it up well.

I am 34 years old from Orillia Ontario Canada. I have been recovering for the past year from a severe illness and am trying to get my strength and stamina back. I was on a cane until mid April so still have a long way to go to be back to what I was.

I am from Mobile Al. I am active duty Military. Never been on a rode bike until today. Rode ten miles tonight for the first time ever. I recently did my first Tri and competed with a MTB and that led me to the road bike purchase.

Cant wait to train up and compete in my next tri with the rode bike.

I bought a Motobecane Vent Noir from RBD

Love it!

I am from Mobile Al. I am active duty Military. Never been on a rode bike until today. Rode ten miles tonight for the first time ever. I recently did my first Tri and competed with a MTB and that led me to the road bike purchase.

Love it!

Love it!

Hi all!

This teacher bought his first, new road bike two weeks ago. Today I will race (read paddle) around the streets of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. First ride, wish me luck!!

Regards,

Jayden

i'm from kentucky in the united states. just recently i started getting back into cycling because ive decided to reinvent myself and i want a new body to go with the new me. In my spare time i run a bussiness known as Re-Cycle, i go around collecting bikes that people want to get rid of or that have been thrown away by companies trying to make room for more inventory. Then i fix them up, repaint them(if needed) stamp my company logo on them and re sell them for a reasonable price(5-25 dollars depending upon the model) and the money goes towards parts, accesories, etc, a small amount i keep for travel expenses, and the rest i donate to various biking charities. Now i am just starting up so i haven't got but a few bikes, but with your guys help i hope i can change that. thanks all of you

Hy,

I am new around here and I am from Rijeka, Croatia. I ride about 60-300 km per day, thats about over 1000km per month. My bike is hybrid, so my techniqe also, I do alot of trekking and hiking with bike on my shoulder. This year I am doing tour around my country, and next year I am going for Island or Ireland. I am more of explorer then regular bicyclist, and also I awoid carring to much equipment. Usually I carry only hiking bag with tent in it, water and some clotes + repair tools for bike, sometimes I am going more extreem just to see what my body can take. Also I started to hike when i was 10 years old, so I just combined hiking with bicycling.

Also I am studying computer engineering. For my new bike I decided to go with something more retro that goes with my style so last 2 years I am driving Trek 7100 (7 speed) with standard v-brake system. There is not much parts on him and all repairs I can do myself, so thats why I love this bike so much.

Nice to meet you all, I am sorry for my lack of english.

z5imic

Hi All!

My name is George and I am from Bulgaria. It is a country in Eastern Europe. I really like cycling and recently I decided to start doing it more actively. My current bike (Drag Ontario, it's a local brand) is going to die any moment :) It's frame is broken, it's seat is broken too and he has some other issues :) Soon I will get my new bike and the real riding will begin!

I have created my personal blog www.bgcyclist.com in which I will log my bike trips, soon I will start updating it.

Well... That's all from for now.

Thank you.

hello, Iam from Texas! Iam 39 yrs old dad of 3 precious children and husband to a beautiful wife. I just got my first road bike after riding a mtn. bike for the past 2 yrs. so Iam a rookie.

Hi ! I`m from Bucharest ( Romania ) and I`m glad to meet new people who have the same passion as me : Cycling :) I`m a Radioshack Nissan Trek fan , also Andy Schleck`s fan and I use to ride a Specialized Allez-Elite every week-end in my city or away in the mountains :)