Where are you from,what do you do?

I am English and have lived in South Africa - Cape Town - since March 2010. I am semi-retired awaiting decision on residency. Meanwhile, I have returned with avengeance to riding and to racing. Cape Town is an amazing place for a cyclist: glorious scenery of mountains and the sea, vineyards and the city itself. The roads generally are good and the climate wonderful, though winter (wet) is approaching. It is a cyclists'city and paradise - there are many, many cyclists whether road or mountain bike. I have joined Club 100 - the major clubs here have full time managers! - and am about to set myself up with a coach. I ride 3 times a week and that will increase. I race in the Masters 50-59 or 55-59 category and rode my first Winter League race today. Oh, and I completed my first Cape Argus last month. 108km of spectacular riding and the biggest timed cycle race in the world, over 35,000 riders ........... Stay safe. Peter

I am from Barnstable, Cape Cod. I'm a student majoring in computer programming. I currently ride a felt 920 with knobbies but I'm currently working towards a specialized allez

I'm Bill. I am in Charleston, SC. I am a 50 year old recreational rider and am looking for a road bike to use in triathlons.

I am from Toronto, Canada. Several times a week I ride with a local club, anywhere from 25 to 80 km depending whether it is the weekend or work day. Also have gone bicycle touring Europe on self guided and organized tours over the past 10+ years. In North America go bicycle touring in Canada and the Northeast USA.

Tom

Hi!

New to this forum and relatively new to cycling. I'm in Derbyshire, England. I currently ride a Giant Revel 0 MTB which I commute to work on 2 to 3 times a week up and down some serious hills on mostly on trails. I am just starting to think about taking a 'step' into road bikes though - never owned a road bike before!! Quite excited at the prospect, but just got to convince my other half its a good idea - she already thinks I love my MTB more than I do her!!

Hoping to do a self-arranged 111mile charity ride later this year..... :)

I'm from Portland, Oregon. I'm a college student about to graduate this summer and have a job lined up in Switzerland.

Mark from GRAVELBIKE here. I live/work in Boulder County, CO. Current stable includes a Salsa Vaya and Black Mountain Cycles road model.

Hi!Everybody,I'm steven,I'm from china!As you know,our country is a very large,and is a citizen country.I'm job on a Machinery Manufacturing company.Just main manfacture conveyors.

I'm from London living in Devon for a bit now I just started cycling again, as in I haven't done a lot at all only once getting into distances for a few months I'm Married, Schizophrenic and Autistic and don't work any more so loads of time to start something new Did 5 yrs of serious yoga and 5 years of serious running But I burn out or get bored or lazy takes over which I hate more than anything New challenge : Never do less than a 30 minute run cycle or swim every day, and don't let it take priority to a long walk with my husband I don't know here if I'd consider 5mile walk a minimum exercise but it might have to be on the best beach or snowy mountain days

i live in a hick town and im moving to portland oregon soon, hopefully the situation will be better.

i will be attending portland CC starting in june.

I am from Bedford, Pennsylvania USA. I am a pastor of a church here in Bedford. I love to ride when I have time.

Hey guys and girls I got a question to ask. I'm a new rider! I began riding this week 11 km in the morning to get to work and 11 km home at the end of a ten hour day. I am in ok shape the ride is getting easier every day I'm just curious to know how long it will begin to show physically on my body doing this everyday? If anyone know roughly I would like some insite. I'm pretty existed and actually really enjoying the ride. Also I am really watching my dieted and consuming a protein shake and "ripped freak" ( a very powerful fat burner supplement) I'm 26 5 foot 7 and 180 lbs. lots of muscle mass

Hello,

My name is Robert, I live in Adana Turkey and am an avid Roadie, MTBer and Runner. I've recently begun dabling in multisport, but have only done two sprint triathlons so far...there aren't too many multisport races here in Turkey.

I'll see you all in the forums.

Regards,
Robert

Hi
Im from Dublin, Ireland, and just getting into cycling now...Working in IT and trying to get some fitness going...

Hi everyone. My name is Francis and I live in Spring,TX. I ride road about 3 times a week after work and I try to ride with the Houston Northwest Cycling Club on Saturdays. Have been out of it for a while due to neck surgery but I am back and hopefully will be as strong or stronger than ever.

Hi all,

I'm an electronics engineer from Estonia (Europe). Working for bicycle accessories brand Velodroom.
Cycling all year around -- through snow, rain, sun and darkness.

Hello all,

I live in Maryland, USA. I work in special education in the Public Schools. I commute to work about 9 miles each way and average 100 miles per week... Rain, shine, 15 degrees or 100 degrees! About the only conditions I won't ride in is snow and ice.

How goes it, I'm from Western NY, a Retail manager, and I cycle for fun... Mostley city cycling, kinda push the envelope of what's considered safe... But ride like u mean it haha. Lived here for 5 months don't know anyone so if yr in WNY lets ride. Originaly from Sacramento CA.

Hey there. I'm Michael and I am from Cocoa Beach, FL. I just got my first road bike, a Specialized Roubaix Elite. I started riding my beach cruiser daily for cardio after a stress fracture kept me off of running for a month. I've made a huge lifestyle change as of Jan of this year, losing 54 lbs. so far and eating much cleaner. I've got a great friend that is in to cycling and he encouraged me to get into biking in addition to running. I look forward to learning from all here. Thanks!