Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi, I am a retired chappy looking to take up cycling. Hello. Just came on here really to get advice on bicycle sizing- am looking at getting a boardman brand bike and sizing info doesnt seem that straightforward- my post is being moderated i think..hopefully will pop out soon in the advice section...looking on other sites and bikes its just medium for me but the info was steering me towards small. Anyway thought i would come for your advice. Hoping to lose the belly and do a bit of travelling in achieving it. Hello and nice to meet you. Im a chubby northerner, soon to be a svelte northener i hope. :)

Originally Posted by pickeringcm .

Hi,
I am a retired chappy looking to take up cycling. Hello. Just came on here really to get advice on bicycle sizing- am looking at getting a boardman brand bike and sizing info doesnt seem that straightforward- my post is being moderated i think..hopefully will pop out soon in the advice section...looking on other sites and bikes its just medium for me but the info was steering me towards small. Anyway thought i would come for your advice. Hoping to lose the belly and do a bit of travelling in achieving it. Hello and nice to meet you. Im a chubby northerner, soon to be a svelte northener i hope. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Whats yer height? It'll at least find the ballpark on most size charts. Once that's established the stem length can accommodate most fine tweaking requirements (feelings of being too stretched out, or too bunched up in the cockpit) Note: most size charts operate on the notion that one's body is relatively proportional i.e. leg, torso, and arm length. Wild fluctuations one way or the other may require minor deviation from standard size charts. Of course once a ballpark size is nailed down it's a good idea to test ride if possible. Welcome.

Hi All,
this is Daniele from Italy ..just a bit north of Rome, working on mobile phone business and cycling for fun.
I occasionally partecipate to local competitions with poor results :(
I like training though and enthusiastic about power meter training.
One day, sooner or later, I will organize some bike tours in my area.

hi all

I'm new to this forums and I'm looking for people to ride with
in the altrincham timperley area.
i commute to work every day (doing about 6 miles a day)
i have done altrincham to warrington on the bridgewater/Manchester ship canal. 29 miles in 3 hours.
biggrin.gif

I'm looking for someone to ride with on a Wednesday or Thursday as these are my days off work
I'm a hobby rider and like to enjoy my surroundings.
so i rather use the national cycle routes.

is anyone interested in joining me

Hi all - name's Jared, have been lurking on here as a guest for a couple months and thought I should join up! Live in Ipswich, QLD (Australia). Work as a training facilitator for one of the major telcos. Just starting to get into cycling a little more than recreationally - goal is to ride in the Tour de Cure next year so a bit of training to do!

Hi all! From Raleigh, NC the land of a thousand greenways. Not currently riding, but about to get back into it come September. Going for an off-road bike with Dual sport tires at first, then transitioning to all mountain biking. I will have plenty of questions.

Originally Posted by alienator .

What are you studying?
I'm studying information sequrity.

But, actually there's not really good education, unfortunately. I'm a programmer (embedded stuff), and almost everything I use in my practice I learned from books, colleagues, forums, etc.

Very, very small part of our university lessons is useful for me.

I'm from Portland, Oregon USA. Started cycling 3 months ago (other than my childhood bike riding) because my car "kicked-the-can" and haven't looked back since. Managed a loaded tour and looking to pick up road races, centuries, and some events with the help of my new aluminum frame to replace my old steel one. Talk about night and day differences!

Looking into taking courses for bicycle repair/maintenance/building and also culinary classes. I am a daily rider and average 200 miles a week

I live in Tucson, AZ but have lived in many cities and ridden my bike a lot in them. I am a bike commuter and I ride with groups on top of commuting. Cycling is my passion. I work for www.tourcycling.com, a cycling clothing company which sells the highest quality cycling apparel around (Castelli, ASSOS, Louis Garneau, Craft, GORE, SIDI)----I ride in their clothes and only after I started working for them did I start wearing really nice stuff and I feel the difference when I ride.

From Iowa about 35 west of the Mississippi River. I enjoy riding for fun and hope to get in a couple of races for fun. I work in a injection molding factory where I am the lead processor.

Hi, I'm Joan, and I'm new to this forum. I'm from Michigan. I like riding my road bike outdoors in the summer. Unfortunately, with the long winter here, I also have to ride indoors on a trainer, which is fairly boring.

Im from the Midlands, England. Im an English Lit undergrad & green mtber, but I still like to mix it up a little & include some roads on my rides. My bf is still building his mtb (his last one was stolen) so currently rides out with me on his sscx-perfect for offroad as well as road, leaves me eating his dust frequently, however!

Hi,I'm Luke I'm from Hongkong.I cycle for spending the weekends with my friends..I'm sales manager from an online e-cigarette shop joycheapbuy
Nice to meet you here

Hello. I'm Alex, a 17 year old who dreams of becoming a professional in matters of cycling. I go out everyday on my custom made bike, and sometimes do long rides of about 30k . I find it a way of living, I wouldn't see myself doing something else than riding bikes. I'm from Romania, and I am currently a student. My passion for biking arose long ago, when I got my first bike at 5 years old - since then, I kept working on my equipment and trying to improve my skills. I tried mountain biking and BMXing, but I had a few bad accidents and my parents told me that if I want to keep on with this, I would have to stick to normal cycling. I like making friends, and that's what I hope to do here!

I just joined today. Bought my first bike yesterday to try out riding. My name is John, I live in salt lake city, UT. Bought a specialized allez A1. Paid 325 but having a couple issues/questions on upgrades. Posted that under cycling equipment. Any help would be great.