Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi, I'm Clemens. I ride everything with two wheels: Road, Mountains, Drome, Indoor.
I did the Cape Epic last year and the IRON BIKE this year. At the moment I'm looking for the next long endurance race to participate. The RAAM would be great :)
During the winter I spend hours on my spinning bike creating cardio playlists for instructors (cardioplaylists.com).

If you speak german (as I do) it would be great to see my on my cycling blog getabicycle.tumblr.com

Keep it up!

Jeff: The social aspect of racing and training is all new to me also. I've become a Strava user (me) and also have found TrainerRoad.com (me) a great resource for my indoor rides. Feel free to watch and comment on my progress.

I didn't know trainerroad.com and watched the video. Do you like it?
I fear these "we say you what to do" systems...

Hi! I'm from Brazil and cycle for fun, but now it's getting serious. Ride mtb since 1999 and road since yr 2008 and now I've just bought a powertap wheel for my Trek Pilot 5.2 to begin training with power meter. Age: 51 Weight: 72 kg (156 lb) Height: 5"6 Vo2: 51 Ftp: 202 w Cheers!!

Hello,

I'm from Washington (the "state", not the "stink"). I ride to stay in shape and for fun. I'm back into it, having ridden very little since moving here from AZ almost five years ago.

J

ClemensB said:
I didn't know trainerroad.com and watched the video. Do you like it?  I fear these "we say you what to do" systems... 
I think it's a great tool and for me, well worth the subscription fee (at least over the winter). I can't remember ever being able to spend so many hours on my indoor trainer. They also provide an application to build your own workouts. I use it in conjunction with my Wahoo Kickr Trainer which pairs perfectly with TrainerRoad.

Originally Posted by 18yrsOff

I think it's a great tool and for me, well worth the subscription fee (at least over the winter). I can't remember ever being able to spend so many hours on my indoor trainer. They also provide an application to build your own workouts. I use it in conjunction with my Wahoo Kickr Trainer which pairs perfectly with TrainerRoad.
Hi, ok cool. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I'm from Christchurch, NZ. I ride a 1980s Nishiki single speed road bike on the earthquake ravaged roads around Christchurch.

Reactions: WillowOz
Hi Gang,

I'm a new member. I live in NYC and commute to work almost everyday. I used to ride competatively in my younger years and now ride for fun and fitness. I'm going to try joining group rides this year and maybe sign up in some of the races here in NYC. First, I have to get some mileage in and loose a few pounds.

-Rudy

G'day,
I'm Ben or "Willow" from the Australian Capital Territory, a lovely place vastly over-rated by even most other Aussies, let alone the rest of the world. Enjoying summer at the moment with temps nudging close to 40C.
A middle aged bloke who loved playing sport, even if not very well, and loves watching sport, which I can do VERY well. I enjoy both rugby codes and cricket especially.
Following a catastrophic hamstring injury about 18 months I'm getting back into the cycling, a lot more friendly on the middle aged body which I already abuse having done nearly 25 years of shift work.
Looking forward to hearing from experts and novices alike on their experiences.

Morning everyone. Ron from Wrentham, MA here. I am about 3 minutes outside of Boston. I've been cycling my whole life, and am currently hovering at 41 years of age.
shocked.png
Looking forward to these forums.

Originally Posted by shamsasa01
Hi

I am Soliman, from Saudi Arabia. I work for Petrochemical company as a field operator. Well, I am married with two kids and already reached my Thirties. I have never known my self as a thin person since I was chubby from the day I was born. Started to gain weight as I grow older. Now, I weigh 134 kg and my height is 168 cm. As you can see, I am way over weight. I tried allot skimming some of the fat accumulated in my body, but nothing actually did. Finally, I woke up after all the years have passed. that was when I over heard one of my friends (who dose not know any thing about bicycles) talk about getting a bike. I started searching for a bike that could withstand my weight. after a long search, I finally found one. An Orbea Aqua TSR 2012. Since I started riding it, I fell in love with cycling and all. And started to wonder, how come that I did not think of it for a long time? Know, it has been three months since I started. My ambition grows more than getting thin and fit.
Hi Soliman, It's interesting to hear your stories. I believe you'll feel better when you do regular riding. As far as I know, it is very hot in Saudi Arabia. Are there many people who do cycling in your country? I am just curious.
Cheers
Mark

Hi there. I'm from Auckland, NZ. Caught the cycling bug bout 2 years ago, but have only just 'come out' to my friends that cycling's my 'thing' now. as I'm a former weight lifter and being big (120+kg) is the norm. Have been doing it on the quiet for some time in the early hours of the morning to avoid detection but hard to hide the fact Ive lost 30+ kg...anyways, absolutely love cycling. Regret not picking it up earlier. Cheers

mark6920 said:
Hi Soliman, It's interesting to hear your stories. I believe you'll feel better when you do regular riding. As far as I know, it is very hot in Saudi Arabia. Are there many people who do cycling in your country? I am just curious.  Cheers Mark
Hi Regarding the weather, you are right. It becomes very hot in the summer and could reach 50C. But we got used to it. To me, I think this could help me skim a lot of my wight. Finally, I have never knew a large group of cyclist because of my shift working. But I here there are a lot scrambled throughout the country.

Originally Posted by shamsasa01

Hi

Regarding the weather, you are right. It becomes very hot in the summer and could reach 50C. But we got used to it. To me, I think this could help me skim a lot of my wight. Finally, I have never knew a large group of cyclist because of my shift working. But I here there are a lot scrambled throughout the country.
Hi
Thanks for your reply. It's good that you are used to the hot weather and skim a lot of weight.Cheers
Mark

I'm from Florida USA. Just retired at 66 and haven't really biked in 50 years. After selling my work car was looking for some kind of backup transportation and settled on a bike. Scooters and motorbikes 50cc or less are to under powered to keep up with traffic.Over 50cc and you have to take are riders course($$$). A pedal bike will do fine. I can ride on the sidewalk. I picked up a Fuji Boulevard XC made in the 80's, I think for $100.

Hello,

I am from Finland. Have been bicycling all my life for fun around year in every possible weather. Hard winter bicyclist who newer gives up. As well commuting with bike as it's easier and faster than car. Driving old mountain bike while waiting it's slow death.