Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi everyone I'm from New Jersey and while I'm not new to biking it's been too many years since I seriously rode my bike for exercise. I'm a web developer and Podcaster so I spend most of my days on my butt. I've had enough of that and realistically I need to lose around 70 LBS. I'm starting this weekend:big-smile: I hope I can get some good inspiration and advice here :big-smile:

Hello! I am from Opelika/Auburn Alabama. I am a small business manager. I enjoy Mountain biking and I am easing my way into road biking. I have to admit, traffic in Auburn is horrible. I am a member of CAMP-Sorba and love mountain biking at our local State Park. Chewacla State Park http://alapark.com/Chewacla/
Our group had cut over 18 miles of new single track and invite everyone to come see our work! Top notch in Alabama, because we Make Things Happen!

Hey world, I'm the new guy. Originally from western Kentucky, then spent a year in Indianapolis, Indiana before landing in Bay City, Texas outside of Houston on the Gulf Coast. I'm the publisher of the community newspaper here in my county.

I ride roads for exercise and leisure, and recently knocked out my first century ride on a cheap, Target-bought Schwinn Tourist - flat bar with pedals and running shoes. Looking to become a big boy and get a entry-level road bike so I can experience drop bars and clips.

Happy trails,

Brandon

Originally Posted by BrandonJCox
Hey world, I'm the new guy. Originally from western Kentucky, then spent a year in Indianapolis, Indiana before landing in Bay City, Texas outside of Houston on the Gulf Coast. I'm the publisher of the community newspaper here in my county.

I ride roads for exercise and leisure, and recently knocked out my first century ride on a cheap, Target-bought Schwinn Tourist - flat bar with pedals and running shoes. Looking to become a big boy and get a entry-level road bike so I can experience drop bars and clips.

Happy trails,

Brandon
Hey Brandon, if your looking for an entry level bike you might find it here. http://urbicycle.com

I am from a tiny, rural town in PA, USA called Newville. It is close to the center of the state, about 30 miles south of Harrisburg (nearest large city). Newville and the surrounding areas are heavily populated with Amish and Mennonites, so seeing folks on bikes is very common. For the past 9 years, I have been the Director of Dining Services at Shippensburg University. My cycling usually consists of riding 20 ~ 35 miles, if the weather is dry and not too cold. This means, most days between May and October. There are plenty of days when my rides are much longer. In the eighties and nineties, I lived in South Florida and rode year around. In the early 2000, I lived near Houston and also rode year round - but too much ice and too cold in Newville for winter riding. One more thing, I am a strict "wholefood" vegan. Any other vegans out there?

Reactions: Barang Bike
Jeff -- just a note to let you know, that I am also from Central, PA (Newville - about 30 miles south of Harrisburg). I was an avid rider for many years, then quit for about 7 and restarted three years ago.

I'm from Frederick, Maryland - great area for biking, quiet country roads and more then enough climbs. I'm a 2 year newbie (?), Trek 1.2 - avg about 30-40 miles per ride, love it! What do i do? Play guitar, bike, play with my dog, play with my girlfriend, and oh yea - digital marketing for a living.

Reactions: Barang Bike
Nikula - We should meet up for a ride in Gettysburg, i'm good for about 40 - then a beer.

Hello everyone! Me from Malaysia! Im lovin' bicycle for a thousand years!! 'playing A Thousand Years by Christina Perri'. Just sharing, in my country the word bicycle is spelling as 'basikal'.
Happy to meet you all - the chasing chic - the lawyer from Johannesburg - hi hi!
big-smile.png

hey Guys,

I'm from London, UK. I'm a graphic designer. I've switched to a bike recently, living without a car (6 months now) and that was the best decision ever! Bikes are the future, no more public transport. I've even designed a t-shirt for that occasion ;] What do you guys think about the design?

It's not for sale yet, just trying to get an opinion :) http://teespring.com/bikesaretraffic if you want you can support the design here.
Many thanks Guys.

Reactions: gs12
I'm from the Southwestern part of Tennessee, USA.
I just got into cycling for fitness workouts.
— I bought a Specialized Crosstrail Disc because in my area there are many great dirt backroads to ride as well as paved roads.
I started riding on July 14, 2014 and so far have logged 35 miles of the up and down terrain in my area.

I also hike the logging roads and ridges on my farm on the days I don't ride to get in better shape.

I have the 'MapMyRide' app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 that keeps track of my Rides and Calories burned on the rides via GPS.
I also have a POLAR® Loop and a H7 Heart Rate Sensor to add additional info to how well I'm doing.

I live deep in a Hollow with a very steep rock road leading out, so I rigged a carrier on my ATV to get me out of the hollow. (See Photo)

BTW: I'll be 70 years old on August 8th, 2014, but feel 21.

I ride every other day and push a little further each day. Now I'm cycling about 8 miles a day as apposed to when I first started out.

I hope to learn more about Cycling on this Forum for all of you more experienced rider.

— Thom Ferrell

Reactions: Fyter
hey all, I'm a ret aircraft mechanic/inspector ATM in Charleston SC. I'm back on a MB riding 20 a day with Wahoo phone app and HR monitor, going to a entry level road in 2015.

Grad student in an U.S. business school here. Practically grew up on a bicycle in Bulgaria. Took me a couple of years to realize it was possible to cycle in the U.S., and have been commuting to work/school/some shopping via my cyclocross Motobecane Phantom CX, on road tires and rims. Great exercise, kept my weight in check, and allowed me to save a bunch of money on gas/parking/gym memberships, etc. Will be looking for a new carbon road bike as a graduation present in couple of years.

Planning to do the ACA southern tier across the U.S. in my last summer before graduation (2016) (East to West). In the longer term, the Euro-Velo route system in Europe looks really appealing!

Nazdrave!

hi all

from south wales
only reciently got back on the bike after a 5yr gap..im doing quite well im up to 20 miles plus. 4 times a week..forgot what it was like..legs are feeling heavy..lungs screaming out for fresh air..lol..im right once i get through the depression mode as they call it..lol..which more so or not is tackleing the welsh mountains around me.
but i must say im well into it..fitness and speed will come in time..

cheers all

Ray !!

Hi bike heroes. I'm from Puerto Rico but live in the great state of Georgia, U.S.A. Retired from the U.S. Army 2013 after 29 years of service. Cycling is something I just love doing since my grandpa taught me when I was 5. Have not stopped ever since. Riding mostly road right now butMTB is a thrill I also enjoy. Have a CAAD 8 that is fast and furious, about 80 miles per week hilly though, old Soldiers have to be challenged. Staying in shape is my goal but riding is a pleasure of life I can't give up. Look forward to being with cycling bums like me in this forum. Fyter

I ride daily. I ride a 53" masi fixed on 700/25 Vittoria slicks- City rides/commuting to n from wherever mostly. Looking to learn how to bud from scratch my own frame n ride too so ideas are welcomed

Originally Posted by thomtwo
I'm from the Southwestern part of Tennessee, USA.
I just got into cycling for fitness workouts.
— I bought a Specialized Crosstrail Disc because in my area there are many great dirt backroads to ride as well as paved roads.
I started riding on July 14, 2014 and so far have logged 35 miles of the up and down terrain in my area.

I also hike the logging roads and ridges on my farm on the days I don't ride to get in better shape.

I have the 'MapMyRide' app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 that keeps track of my Rides and Calories burned on the rides via GPS.
I also have a POLAR® Loop and a H7 Heart Rate Sensor to add additional info to how well I'm doing.

I live deep in a Hollow with a very steep rock road leading out, so I rigged a carrier on my ATV to get me out of the hollow. (See Photo)

BTW: I'll be 70 years old on August 8th, 2014, but feel 21.

I ride every other day and push a little further each day. Now I'm cycling about 8 miles a day as apposed to when I first started out.

I hope to learn more about Cycling on this Forum for all of you more experienced rider.

— Thom Ferrell
That's fantastic! I hope I'm still cycling when I'm 70 :) I have Specialized Crosstrail also, nice bike.

Another Canadian here, but from the opposite end of the country, Halifax NS. Been a cyclist forever but building up cycling miles and reducing running miles the last couple of years after a few knee ops on each knee. I should have done it years ago :) Riding my almost 30 year old Marinoni Special with a Campy c-Record cobalto group. I finally gave up on tubulars and went to clinchers 2 years ago.

New member from New Hampshire. I'm a 52 year old triathlete, but riding is becoming my passion. I've been riding about 3 years seriously, I got into it to get into shape after years of easy living had added about 50 pounds to my frame. I ride ~125 mpw in season, but I'm debating devoting the next 12 months to riding only, which would give me a lot more time to ride. I'm a software manager to make a living.