Where are you from,what do you do?

I'm a semi-retired media and advertising geek in Sebring, Florida - home of the Bike Sebring 12/24 RAAM Qualifier every February. After years of directing traffic, parking cars and handing bananas to guys whizzing by me, the "bug" finally bit a few months ago and a used Trek 520 landed in my garage. Still a rank beginner for whom 10 miles makes my legs want to fall off, but after two months the derriere is getting smaller, the weight is starting downward in the direction of 200 and the neighborhood kids aren't laughing as loudly when I pedal by.

Part of the "retirement gig" involves clowning around on the air during those more comfortable early morning moments of Florida summers, so I've cut my teeth in this pastime on 92-to-95 degree afternoon rides. Great weather for working up a sweat - literally!

And that, my friend, is why I love road biking. I love the feeling of being out on the open road. That doesn't mean I don't want to do mountain biking; road riding is my first love. Welcome!

Hi all!

So my name is Ron and I live in Overland Park, Kansas. It's not as flat here as you would think!

I have worked for a telecommunications company for 20+ years and love my job. I'm married and have a 13 year old son.

I was leading a pretty sedentary life and gained a ton of weight. I topped out at 378. I recently got my act together and discovered that cycling is not only a lot of fun, but it is great exercise that controls my Type 2 Diabetes really nicely!

So I'm a newbie, really only been biking for the past few weeks and decided I needed to tap in to a forum to fill in the vast gaps that need filled with information on such things as fueling, nutrition, techniques, do's and don'ts and so on.

Looking forward to being an active participant here!

Hey everyone, I am Randy and I am from Kentucky. I just recently took up cycling at the ripe age of 60 and I currently ride a Cannondale CAAD8 for my road bike and a Trek 3500 for trails and back roads. I rode a bike for what seems like a million miles as a kid, but have just recently started enjoying it again. Happy to be here and I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Hey everybody, I'm from the western suburbs of Chicago Illinois, just bought a Scott sportster x50 hybrid, love the bike and have just started rideing for excersise. Just turned 41 and need to drop a few pounds, I'm an electrician and on my feet 10 hrs a day and wanted to find an excersise I could do off of my feet. A lot of great info here, have learned a lot in a short time. Thanks everyone! Doug

Hi guys, I just joined this forum. Wanted to let you all know that I have just launched a cycling website at www.lavelocita.cc would be great if you could check it out.

La Velocita We love to ride. We support Australian and NZ cycling, people & brands. Follow us for give aways, competitions, reviews, blog, guides, rides and more.
Thanks
Mike
www.lavelocita.cc

And by the way, I am from Melbourne Australia, I am and always have been crazy about cycling, from my very first bike I loved the sport. I have loved riding for over 20 years and love how it is so popular now. I enjoy road, mountain biking, cyclocross, the commute to work....

Hi,I'm Karl & I live in Harlowton, Montana USA. I used to bike quite a bit when I was younger but kind of let it slide in the face of family & life obligations. Last summer I went on a 4 day ride and discovered biking all over again. It was a huge amount of fun. Now I'm trying to figure out how to come up with a touring bike for next summer. The bike I had been riding was a cheepo I got for $15 at a second hand store several years ago. The 4 day ride drew the last ounce of good out of it so now I'm pretty much without a bike. That isn't too bad since winter riding in Central Montana is not generally a good idea.

I have an old Mountain Bike I can fix when the parts arrive and a GT Autostream that sort of works. I asked in another one of these forums if it was possible or a good idea to convert the Autostream into a touring bike with traditional style gears. If anyone reading this knows or has ideas please let me know.

Hey guys im From Aus (adelaide) and have been a avid cyclist for the last 2 years absolutely love it when my brother got me into it....

Hey guys, I'm Mason from Ft. Worth, Texas. I am more of a weekender cyclist. I go through phases where I'll ride often, then not so often. I've got a cheaper road bike (Tommaso Tiempo) that I am converting into more of a fitness bike (like Trek FX series) and a Trek 4300 that I really enjoy. I'm married to my awesome wife and we have a cool weenie dog. I am in my last year of seminary to hopefully become a pastor soon. Right now I work at a church and as a grad assistant. Gig'em Aggies

Hi Guys,

Im Con, from Dublin, Ireland, 36 years young and only really started getting into bikes recently when I got a new carbon road bike through my bike-to-work scheme (its a Boardman Road Pro Carbon 2014 bike). Up until then it was cheapo bikes, going from A to B, and was never fun. My new bike is a dream and im hoping to start clocking up the miles from here on in. Im interested in triathlons and just trying to get into the world of bikes in general. I have no concept as yet of what makes one bike better from another.

Hello everybody! My name is Serg (26) I'm from Rialto California. I am a certified surgical technologist. LA Galaxy fanatic. I'm new to cycling and only ride when I have my step brother's bike which I don't have anymore. Instead of buying a brand new bike I decided to build one. So I currently own a Scattante SS frame. Main reason I'm here was to get advice and help building this bike. I'll look for the proper sub forum to post that in.

i am a law student in oregon. i don't get a chance to ride as much these days, but I usually do about 7-14 mi on a trail by my house. I usually ride a giant tcr-1 all carbon, but I'm also on here to look for tips on restoring a bike, and modding my giant.

my name is Rob, I'm a soldier who is set to retire here in about a year, and I recently got "re-bitten" with the riding bug. I rode BMX a good bit as a kid, and this past summer my wife nagged me to get a bike so we could ride together. So I did, and I've been riding my little cheapo Trek 820 into the dust. I've done 40-50 mile rides, I ride it to work 16+ miles each day, I've taken it off-road a bit, and I'm to the point where I am ready to step up a good level for my road riding, as I've already stepped up on my MTB riding and got a new (and far more capable) bike.

Hey everybody ...from Kingston Ontario Canada. I race CX and Road and race for Peak racing / Gear Works. We are a masters race team. i also belong to a group of cyclist in Kingston called First Capital Cycling. i work part time at a bike shop in sales. I have rides posted on Strava with a few KOMs to my name. ..not bad for an old guy!

My rides include a Guru Titanium CX rig as well as a Colnago C59 for the road. I'm a dedicated Campy user and roll on Conti tires.