Where are you from,what do you do?

Haven't introduced myself yet - I'm Yabuoy from Australia. I'm a senior deckhand on a large fishing vessel, studying to further my career as a second (or even first) mate. Have a wife, one daughter and two cats. When we're not out at sea I'm commuting 60km a day to and from work on my Avanti mtb (rain, hail or shine), during my time off I try to get on my road bike as often as I can. Riding is pretty much the only "alone time" I can get.

Hey fellow pedal pushers. I'm a 15 y/o junior racer from Louisville, Kentucky in the USA and I'm juggling cycling and running with school. My job right now is technically being a student, but for money I do photography and graphic design. My training right now cross-country running Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, then cyclocross on Wednesdays. Saturdays are XC meets and Sundays are CX races. Road season can't get here fast enough.

I am from the Philippines. Ever since I was a kid, I always use bike whenever I go out with my childhood friends, buy something from a store near us, go around our village to kill time and go to a park and do exercises every morning.
I'm always amazed by forums where you can discuss and exchange points of views about your likes with different people who have the same interests. What I'm doing right now is knowing more about this site. So far I find this really interesting.
I hope to hear more from people in here.

I'm from Nigeria, residing in the western part of the country known as Oyo state. I'm into motorcycle spare parts and have a bike of my own which I normally use to taken little racing exercise just for fun. I'm not looking at being a professional biker.

I am from the Philippines. My dad got me into biking. When I was a kid, we used to roam around villages using our bikes. I still remember having training wheels on my bike that time. Now, that my dad's gone. I only take rides on my bike occasionally. I use it to exercise, race competition with friends, or just like the old times roam around the neighborhood.

I'm from the Philippines, currently in Manila. I was in graduate school but I stopped for a while due to some issues in the family which also stopped my biking routine. the problem is now resolved but I won't be able to come back until next school year, so I've been focusing on my physical activities.

Hi there I'm from the Philippines and I work as a manager for a construction firm. I do a lot of mountain biking whenever I'm in the countryside.

Hello there, I'm from manila Philippines, new member of this group, working in a bpo company, and an avid fan of two wheels vehicle. Since grade school, bike was my school service. I use my bike for exercise to develop my cardio or stamina. But going to work, I use my motorcycle because of lack of bike lane in our country, hope someday, the government here recognize the importance of bike lane and promote that two wheels vehicle to avoid the heavy traffic.

I am from the Philippines and loves to go online to participate in various forums. I also do paintings for my extra income and take photos from other places. I love arts and for me its kinda skills that I am very thankful.

I'm Henry from Nigeria and have found riding my bike as a way to keep up the good body stature that I've got. I visit the gym every evening trying to keep the abs in shape. The reason is that when I ride, I'm going to do I'm going to have a good time.

I'm the author of BikeAlmanac.com, for better or worse. You'll find lots of unusual bicycle information and some fun and games too. It's all free. Have fun! I have been heavily involved in bicycles since 1974, having been a framebuilder and owning three bicycle shops. I took several years off, and have made a comeback of sorts as a writer specializing in bicycle-related topics.

:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

35K for a morning run is quite awesome. I'm just wondering, is there any chance that you know a guy named John Stanton? He also lives in Queensland and he owns a lottery shop. Anyway, I'm from the Philippines and I usually ride 2 sets during weekends, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. :)

Hey everyone! Just signed up for the forum today. I'm originally from the United States. I lived in New York City for 20 years, but recently decided to move to Serbia, since it's my country of origin and I'd like to familiarize myself with it a bit more.

I work online as a freelance writer, and also work a bit with graphic design and carpentry when the work comes up.

I live by a beautiful woodland area and regularly go mountain biking since it's just about the only cardio that I don't find boring, so I figured I'd feel right at home among all the fellow cyclists here!

Last edited:
Hi. I'm from Philippines. I see a lot of people here graduated from a computer science or any related computer course and they do computer related jobs as well. Good thing, my course is also computer science but I'm still student. Haha. Aside from studying, I enjoy life by cycling together with my older brother. It is our bonding and I really love it. I hope I'll get a chance to introduce how fun biking is to my other younger siblings too. I think that would be a wonderful thing.