Where can I bet on the Tour?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Me, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Hi, over ther years I've bet on stage and overall tour results at William Hill, but I dont see their
    cycling section online yet.

    Lances first win, paid for a nice little holiday to the states for me. David Miller Prologue win
    would have won me loads as WH had em at 50-1. Wonder what he's going for this year?

    Anyway, can anyone recommend a site or betting shop that is "doing" the 2003 tour?

    I heard from a friend that theres a "bet on cycling site" or something like that, but I cant seem to
    find a link to it...

    The sooner I find on the better for obvious reasons...

    anyway, cheers

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Me wrote:
    > Hi, over ther years I've bet on stage and overall tour results at William Hill, but I dont see
    > their cycling section online yet.
    >
    > Lances first win, paid for a nice little holiday to the states for
    > me. David Miller Prologue win would have won me loads as WH had em at 50-1. Wonder what he's going
    > for this year?
    >
    > Anyway, can anyone recommend a site or betting shop that is "doing" the 2003 tour?
    >
    > I heard from a friend that theres a "bet on cycling site" or something like that, but I cant seem
    > to find a link to it...
    >
    > The sooner I find on the better for obvious reasons...
    >
    > anyway, cheers

    Well according to DD its easy to nip down ypur local bookies and have a flutter...in fact he's quite
    often said "we" should have a double on the Giro and TDF, Of course we all know he lives in cloud
    cuckoo land and it is virtually impossible to place a "single" cycling bet let alone a double !!!
    You could try Ladbrookes........... Our local one will take bets on the first Saturday of the TDF,
    provided the riders you wish to bet on are mentioned in the "Racing Post" with prices from other
    bookies.IYSWIM. The manager then will agree odds with us taken from the average in the RP. The odds
    though are usually crap, when you think of what can go wrong in a major tour. Jan

    ---

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    > I heard from a friend that theres a "bet on cycling site" or something like that, but I cant seem
    > to find a link to it...
    >
    > The sooner I find on the better for obvious reasons...
    >
    > anyway, cheers

    Boots?

  4. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, over ther years I've bet on stage and overall tour results at William Hill, but I dont see
    > their cycling section online yet.
    >
    > Lances first win, paid for a nice little holiday to the states for me.
    David
    > Miller Prologue win would have won me loads as WH had em at 50-1. Wonder what he's going for
    > this year?
    >
    > Anyway, can anyone recommend a site or betting shop that is "doing" the
    2003
    > tour?

    www.betfair.com

    Regards Simon

  5. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Simon Galgut <[email protected]> wrote:

    : www.betfair.com

    Well, they just lost my money. Their web site refuses to believe that my Browser (Mozilla 1.3,
    Linux) has JavaScript turned on (which it does) and so won't start.

    Sigh.

    Arthur

    Lord Lester

  6. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

  7. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    > Well, they just lost my money. Their web site refuses to believe that my Browser (Mozilla 1.3,
    > Linux) has JavaScript turned on (which it does) and so won't start.

    Get Opera and dupe it.