Where can I buy 100% pure EPA (i.e. DHA-free) in the UK? (Cure for ME/PVF/Depression)

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Shiperton Henet, Mar 29, 2004.

  1. Hi

    Does anyone know where you can buy 100% pure EPA from
    (in the UK)?

    I recently went to a talk by a leading scientist "Basant
    Puri", (who wrote this book called "The Natural Way to Beat
    Depression: The Groundbreaking Discovery of EPA to Change
    Your Life")

    It all sounded quite compelling - EPA can (he claims) cure
    not only depression, but also various things like heart
    disease, ME/Post Viral Fatique and dyslexia.(!!)

    But apparently you shouldnt eat DHA - at least not in
    the same meal. The presence of DHA make EPA "1000 times
    less potent".

    The only trouble is that I can't find any source of 100%
    *pure* EPA on the market!

    (IGennus who make "VegEPA" which is DPA free are completely
    sold out!)

    Anyone know a DHA-free source of EPA?! (Ideally with Evening
    Primrose oil/vitamin E which apparently helps too...)

    Ship Shiperton Henethe

    P.S. Has anyone actually *tried* DHA-free EPA for any of the
    above diseases (ME/PVS, Depression, Dyslexia etc)

    Tags:

  2. Ray K.

    Ray K. Guest

    Shiperton Henethe wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know where you can buy 100% pure EPA from (in
    > the UK)?
    >
    > I recently went to a talk by a leading scientist "Basant
    > Puri", (who wrote this book called "The Natural Way to
    > Beat Depression: The Groundbreaking Discovery of EPA to
    > Change Your Life")
    >
    > It all sounded quite compelling - EPA can (he claims) cure
    > not only depression, but also various things like heart
    > disease, ME/Post Viral Fatique and dyslexia.(!!)
    >
    > But apparently you shouldnt eat DHA - at least not in the
    > same meal. The presence of DHA make EPA "1000 times less
    > potent".
    >
    > The only trouble is that I can't find any source of 100%
    > *pure* EPA on the market!
    >
    > (IGennus who make "VegEPA" which is DPA free are
    > completely sold out!)
    >
    > Anyone know a DHA-free source of EPA?! (Ideally with
    > Evening Primrose oil/vitamin E which apparently
    > helps too...)
    >

    > Ship Shiperton Henethe
    >
    > P.S. Has anyone actually *tried* DHA-free EPA for any of
    > the above diseases (ME/PVS, Depression, Dyslexia etc)

    I would be leery of anyone who makes claims for multiple
    cures from *any* substance. Also, the phrase "1000 times
    less potent" is meaningless and ridiculous. Perhaps he's
    trying to claim that DPA reduces the potency of EPA by
    99.999 percent. Still, I don't believe that. If true,
    that would be common knowledge and pure EPA would be
    available readily.

    Maybe the author has a tie-in with the only company in the
    world that makes DHA-free EPA.

    Ray

  3. "Ray K." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shiperton Henethe wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Does anyone know where you can buy 100% pure EPA from
    > > (in the UK)?
    > >
    > > I recently went to a talk by a leading scientist "Basant
    > > Puri", (who wrote this book called "The Natural Way to
    > > Beat Depression: The Groundbreaking Discovery of EPA to
    > > Change Your Life")
    > >
    > > It all sounded quite compelling - EPA can (he claims)
    > > cure not only depression, but also various things like
    > > heart disease, ME/Post Viral Fatique and dyslexia.(!!)
    > >
    > > But apparently you shouldnt eat DHA - at least not in
    > > the same meal. The presence of DHA make EPA "1000 times
    > > less potent".
    > >
    > > The only trouble is that I can't find any source of 100%
    > > *pure* EPA on the market!
    > >
    > > (IGennus who make "VegEPA" which is DPA free are
    > > completely sold out!)
    > >
    > > Anyone know a DHA-free source of EPA?! (Ideally with
    > > Evening Primrose oil/vitamin E which apparently helps
    > > too...)
    > >

    > > Ship Shiperton Henethe
    > >
    > > P.S. Has anyone actually *tried* DHA-free EPA for any of
    > > the above diseases (ME/PVS, Depression, Dyslexia
    > > etc)
    >
    > I would be leery of anyone who makes claims for multiple
    > cures from *any* substance. Also, the phrase "1000 times
    > less potent" is meaningless and ridiculous. Perhaps he's
    > trying to claim that DPA reduces the potency of EPA by
    > 99.999 percent.
    Yes

    > Still, I don't believe that. If true, that would be common
    > knowledge and pure EPA would be available readily.

    Not necessarily. This is very new research. And DPA is hard
    to extract from EPA.

    > Maybe the author has a tie-in with the only company in the
    > world that makes DHA-free EPA.

    Possible but fairly unlikely because he was extremely coy
    about giving out the name of the only current source.

    Ship