Where can i buy good quality weights?

I am interested in buying some free weights, but i don't know what
brands are good and where is the best place to get them-Big Five,
Sportmart? Any suggetsions are greatly appreciated!

[email protected] wrote:
> I am interested in buying some free weights, but i don't know what
> brands are good and where is the best place to get them-Big Five,
> Sportmart? Any suggetsions are greatly appreciated!

Mostly weights don't have to be good, they have to be heavy. Duffel
bags filled with sand, buckets filled with water, even odd kettle ball
things work if you pick them up and move them around. I buy dumbbells
wherever I can get them cheapest. I kind of like the hex kind because I
can stack them neatly.

Are you looking for an oly set for a commercial gym? Or some dumbbells?
Up to what level? What are you going to do with them?

Do you have a bench? Power cage? Cable pulley and stack?

Dally

"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> > I am interested in buying some free weights, but i don't know what
> > brands are good and where is the best place to get them-Big Five,
> > Sportmart? Any suggetsions are greatly appreciated!

> Mostly weights don't have to be good, they have to be heavy. Duffel
> bags filled with sand, buckets filled with water, even odd kettle ball
> things work if you pick them up and move them around.

[......]

For an athlete, you give **** advice. Don't you ever get tired of this "lift
something heavy, move it around" nonsense? It's so old in mfw it's got a
beard. Why not try being original if you are trying to be funny?
This person is looking for advice about what sort of free weights to buy -
weights are not all the same - many of the non brands are not consistent -
there can be as much as 10% variation between weights - bars and collars
vary and there are some far easier to use than others. He is also asking for
recommendations as to which store has good brands and prices. He deserves
more than "lift a sack of sand' - stick to athletics, Dally - something you
are 'good' at. Let someone who knows something give the advice

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:43:39 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Dally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>> > I am interested in buying some free weights, but i don't know what
>> > brands are good and where is the best place to get them-Big Five,
>> > Sportmart? Any suggetsions are greatly appreciated!

>> Mostly weights don't have to be good, they have to be heavy. Duffel
>> bags filled with sand, buckets filled with water, even odd kettle ball
>> things work if you pick them up and move them around.

>[......]
>
>For an athlete, you give **** advice. Don't you ever get tired of this "lift
>something heavy, move it around" nonsense? It's so old in mfw it's got a
>beard. Why not try being original if you are trying to be funny?
>This person is looking for advice about what sort of free weights to buy -
>weights are not all the same - many of the non brands are not consistent -
>there can be as much as 10% variation between weights - bars and collars
>vary and there are some far easier to use than others. He is also asking for
>recommendations as to which store has good brands and prices. He deserves
>more than "lift a sack of sand' - stick to athletics, Dally - something you
>are 'good' at. Let someone who knows something give the advice

Wendy Marsden is living proof that a little knowledge is dangerous.